HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pick a hero (one Shark / one Pred) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=368654)

braindead 04-10-2007 10:50 PM

Pick a hero (one Shark / one Pred)

For kicks, assume your team wins and predict the hero**. Then assume your team loses and predict the hero for the other team. Shark fans and neutral fans are encouraged to play. No other rules apply***, other than I have a personal preference for the less obvious choices. Including rationales might be nice too.

Preds

Shea Weber: Two phases of his game have me picking him. First, I predict he emerges as the big, shut-down D-man that punishes people, clears the crease, breaks the cycle and maintains composure in heated situations. Even more importantly, his wicked shot from the front (particularly on the power play) is too much for Nabs/Toskala to handle, particularly with Scott Hartnell parked in front of them. He scores 2 game winning goals and 4 in the series.

Sharks

Steve Bernier: Big, emerging power forwards tend to pound the Preds and in this series he drives a stake through our hearts while we spend all of our time negating the big centers and Cheechoo. He scores one game winning goal and has a hat trick in game 2.

***Edit: After the first response, posters are further encouraged to pick current roster players (smartass mods are exempt ;) obviously)

barrytrotzsneck 04-10-2007 11:03 PM

Preds- Marian Cisar

Sharks - Johan Garpenlov

COUNT IT.

braindead 04-10-2007 11:14 PM

Surely you forgot Krivo... he was an all-star when Marian was still learning how to put on his jockstrap.

Basher 04-11-2007 01:20 AM

Preds: Erat comes back with a vengeance. 2G, 5A, +4

Sharks: Guerin finds his groove. 4G, 3A, +5

Lucky Lager 04-11-2007 01:30 AM

Preds: Vokoun, will give the Preds the chance to win some low scoring affairs

Sharks: Thornton, game breaker peformance day in and out. Just depends on which Joe Thornton shows up that game.

Dan K211 04-11-2007 02:14 AM

Predator: Kariya had a bad PO last season, but avenges himself.

Shark: Bernier will get icetime skating against the third D pairing and will benefit from it.

Rickety Cricket 04-11-2007 02:15 AM

Predator: Radulov

Shark: Guerin

renodave 04-11-2007 04:47 AM

The obvious answer would be Volkun and Thorton. Whoever wins this battle will determine the ultimate outcome of the series. Good Luck guys.

PeterAngelo 04-11-2007 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan K211 (Post 8868188)
Predator: Kariya had a bad PO last season, but avenges himself.

Shark: Bernier will get icetime skating against the third D pairing and will benefit from it.

say what? he was our best player, easily, last PO's.

Predator: Dan Hamhuis. Just like Adam Banks in D3 mighty ducks from all those years ago he dives in front of the open net to block a bullet from cheechoo (after vokoun has gone walkabout again for no good reason other than to chase around the puck like its a giant red ball and he is a toddler) to send game 7 into ot and then assists on a long breakout pass to kariya and legwand on a 2 on 1 to win the series!

Shark: Joe Thornton. Absolutely takes us apart especially on the powerplay after the preds go penalty happy yet again and the awesome sharks pp rules supreme.

PredDave 04-11-2007 07:50 AM

Predators: Legwand

Sharks: Marleau

5major 04-11-2007 07:56 AM

call me crazy

Nashville: Leahy, strong PK leads to timely blocked shots and chips in with a helper even strength....

Sharks: Joe Thornton, this guy is as strong as they come down low, a multiple assist night leades the Sharks to a game one victory in Nashville....

Enoch 04-11-2007 09:32 AM

Its going to be one of these two IMO:

Preds - Forsberg
Sharks - Marleau

Whoever plays better will likely win the series.

golfmade 04-11-2007 09:40 AM

Preds - Radulov
Sharks - Guerin

Basher 04-11-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5major (Post 8869107)
Nashville: Leahy, strong PK leads to timely blocked shots and chips in with a helper even strength....

Sharks: Joe Thornton, this guy is as strong as they come down low, a multiple assist night leades the Sharks to a game one victory in Nashville....

your crazy.

Jarnberg 04-11-2007 10:09 AM

Preds: Legwand (he's been huge all season long)
Sharks: Guerin (he's a big player who could excel against us)

5major 04-11-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher (Post 8870113)
your crazy.

I meant (Leahy) for tonights game....not the series.....my bad

DocMcKay 04-11-2007 11:45 AM

Nashville: Weber - If there's one player that can step up at both ends of the ice, it's this guy. His play will be critical on the PP, PK, and hopefully even strength shutting down some of the Sharks' big guns. Honorable mention to Legwand for same reasons.

San Jose: Marleau - Sharks' Captain absolutely destroyed Nashville in last years playoff series. 7 goals I believe in a 5 game series = ouch. I expect the relatively cool streak he's been going through to end quite dramatically. Marleau, Cheechoo, and Thornton could make this a short series if they can pour on the goals.

Jaysfanatic* 04-11-2007 11:54 AM

Nashville - Alex Radulov I think that this kid is going to be a playoff dynamo every year and this year he's going to show why I think this.

San Jose - Joe Thornton: If he plays like Joe of the regular season the Sharks win, if he plays like Thornton of Boston's past then not so much, but he'll carry the Sharks if they wanna win this one.

Shape 04-11-2007 02:59 PM

Preds - Vokoun

Sharks - Michalek

HeShootseyScores 04-11-2007 04:34 PM

Preds - Hartnell

Sharks - Nabby