HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   world juniors (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36881)

snatchmasterflex 12-18-2003 12:11 AM

world juniors

which habs prospects playing in the world juniors this year?

Jeffrey 12-18-2003 12:15 AM

Konstantin Korneev, D Russia
Oskari Korpikari, D Finland
Jaroslav Halak, G Slovakia
Tomas Linhart, D Czech Republic

:handclap:

go_habs_go 12-18-2003 06:04 AM

don t forget the best of them all...

Andrei Kostitsyn - Belarus

CrAzYNiNe 12-18-2003 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_habs_go
don t forget the best of them all...

Andrei Kostitsyn - Belarus

He isn't really playing against the best of the world, more like 3rd tier teams, but atleast its ice time.

Freaky Habs Fan 12-18-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
He isn't really playing against the best of the world, more like 3rd tier teams, but atleast its ice time.

I think he will not play at all. Belarus didn't qualify for the tournement. That's to bad :cry:

ChemiseBleuHonnete 12-18-2003 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I think he will not play at all. Belarus didn't qualify for the tournement. That's to bad :cry:

Yes but we will help Belarus to qualify for the next year.

CrAzYNiNe 12-18-2003 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan

I think they havea tournament with teams like mexico and... , check the website.

montreal 12-18-2003 12:12 PM

Kasty has helped Belarus to win their group, and move back into the WJC next year. Kasty is 2nd in the tournament with 10 pts, as they have one game left tomorrow against Japan who are winless so far.

The teams in div 1 group B are Belarus, Norway, France, Italy, Japan, Estiona.

There should be an article on the main page, a Habs World Junior Preview

AK-47 12-18-2003 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Kasty has helped Belarus to win their group, and move back into the WJC next year. Kasty is 2nd in the tournament with 10 pts, as they have one game left tomorrow against Japan who are winless so far.

The teams in div 1 group B are Belarus, Norway, France, Italy, Japan, Estiona.

There should be an article on the main page, a Habs World Junior Preview

He should get a few more points against the Japenese team.

Habsaku 12-18-2003 01:12 PM

Hey montreal, I got a few questions regarding the WJC if you don't mind.

Will Korpirari be a top defensemen for the team or will he be on the 3rd pairing(Dunno if he played last year, maybe he is still too inexperienced).

Will Halak be the number 1 goaltender? He seems like a great goalie, isn't he having a good season right now?

Korneev will be the top defensemen won't he? Madden said he is developping at the same pace Markov was, any truth to that?

Do you know anything about Linhart, more specifically his type of game, I know absolutly nothing, will he log a lot of minutes?

Did you get to see Kastitsyn :D , you know we're all waiting for you report!!!!!!

eh 12-18-2003 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
Will Korpirari be a top defensemen for the team or will he be on the 3rd pairing(Dunno if he played last year, maybe he is still too inexperienced).

Third pairing apparently, but that doesn't really mean much this year. The Finnish line-up is so even from top to bottom that almost anyone could play in almost any line. Team Finland will rotate all seven defensemen pretty equally in 5-on-5 situations. I expect him to play a lot in shorthanded situations. He won't be a top defenseman if the others won't fail miserably, but he should get a decent amount of responsibility.

montreal 12-18-2003 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
Hey montreal, I got a few questions regarding the WJC if you don't mind.

Will Halak be the number 1 goaltender? He seems like a great goalie, isn't he having a good season right now?

Korneev will be the top defensemen won't he? Madden said he is developping at the same pace Markov was, any truth to that?

Do you know anything about Linhart, more specifically his type of game, I know absolutly nothing, will he log a lot of minutes?

Did you get to see Kastitsyn :D , you know we're all waiting for you report!!!!!!

No Korpikari didn't play last year.

I've been told that Halak will be the starter, guess we'll see. He's having a great season so far. Insane numbers he's putting up.

Yes Korneev should be one of the top defensemen I would think, after all he's played for the Senior National team this year. I can't say about Markov, cause I never saw Markov before he played for the Habs. I've seen 3 of Korneev's games this year, but he doesn't get a ton of ice time, so it's hard to say how he's progressed over last year.

Linhart is getting some good experience playing for the Div 1 mens league, the top league in the Czech, but I don't know how much ice time he will get. He plays a somewhat physical game as he has good size, but I don't know much about the Czech team and how he will be used.

Yes I got to watch him play one game. He didn't do much, but I'll do up an article on him shortly.