HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Wfan (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=368950)

hpNYR 04-11-2007 06:04 PM

Wfan

Mike and the mad dog, yeah they suck.

But they where interviewing nolan and he...

Picks Rangers over Thrashers.:amazed:

He calls their team the biggest underdog that will suprise..<rolls eyes>

rickyrod 04-12-2007 02:13 AM

Clement, Clement, Hands of Cement picked us over the Thrashers, too. I think they are just conspiring to pull a jinx job on us.

hpNYR 04-12-2007 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod (Post 8886010)
Clement, Clement, Hands of Cement picked us over the Thrashers, too. I think they are just conspiring to pull a jinx job on us.

I think so too. Well, screw em.

Nich 04-12-2007 02:33 AM

i find it sad that you even turned on the fan

hpNYR 04-12-2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 8886215)
i find it sad that you even turned on the fan

i've had it on my comp for better part of the day with the volume lowered and i saw they where talkin hockey so tuned it, what's the problem?

BJo 04-12-2007 03:01 AM

Nolan isnt' a bad guy. He coaches the Islanders. What do you expect him to do when Simon did that? Ofcourse he's going to support his team. Ofcourse he's going to diss avery. It's his job. BUT, more importantly, he's watched the Rangers 8 times and knows how good they are. Lundquist is possibly the best goalie in the NHL right now. He has first hand experience of how good the Rangers really are.

Nich 04-12-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 8886568)
i've had it on my comp for better part of the day with the volume lowered and i saw they where talkin hockey so tuned it, what's the problem?

friends don;t let friends cause brain damage :naughty:

Badko 04-12-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 8886568)

Not a problem, but those those two can't talk hockey. They don't know the first thing about it. In fact, they constantly diss the game. It just irritates the hell out of me when a New York sports talk program will talk more about pre-season baseball than a hot hockey playoff race with New York teams closely involved. Two of the most pompous, indivualistic personalities I can think of.

But go ahead, listen and enjoy! ;)

tronylon 04-12-2007 11:02 AM

It frustrates me because I'd rather have them not talk about hockey at all, especially mike. Mike obviously has NO IDEA about ANYTHING to do with hockey. So, he covers his own as by just ripping on the game everytime he has a chance. I doubt he even knows who Lundqvist is. He should just shut his fat mouth and stick to other sports. It makes me sick.

FACEMAN 04-12-2007 11:09 AM

xm 204, you'll never ever turn the dial to 660 again.

WhipNash27 04-12-2007 11:18 AM

I listen to Joe and Evan but once Mike & the Maddog come on, I change.

philbo 04-12-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badko (Post 8888609)
Not a problem, but those those two can't talk hockey. They don't know the first thing about it. In fact, they constantly diss the game. It just irritates the hell out of me when a New York sports talk program will talk more about pre-season baseball than a hot hockey playoff race with New York teams closely involved. Two of the most pompous, indivualistic personalities I can think of.

Well said!:handclap:

WhipNash27 04-12-2007 11:35 AM

They admit they don't know jack about hockey. It's quite sad. If you want to listen to hockey talk listen to Steve Somers. Other than that Joe & Even do know a decent amount. They're at least listenable and normally will interview someone on the Rangers during this time of the year.

I Am Chariot 04-12-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 8876155)

I think the monket picked Atlanta.....along with Roenick

free0717 04-12-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FACEMAN (Post 8889464)
xm 204, you'll never ever turn the dial to 660 again.

I cant wait till the Sirius/XM Merger is complete.:handclap:

WhipNash27 04-12-2007 12:13 PM

yeah, you'll be paying more :sarcasm:

I see no point in paying for radio when you can get it for free. That said, if I want info about the Rangers I can look online there's plenty of it out there. People on the radio don't tell me much more than I already know. Also, listening to the radio I always have to listen to these retards call in who don't know anything. Then on TV I can just watch TSN stuff on their website anyway.

Yet I still listen to it. Oh well. Sometimes it's just fun listening to players/coaches saying the same crap over and over and callers complaining about stupidity.

DutchShamrock 04-12-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 8890024)
I cant wait till the Sirius/XM Merger is complete.:handclap:

I'm with you brother. I got Sirius for the hockey and Stern, then they lost hockey to XM. With a little bit of luck we'll have the best of both worlds once again next year.

Melrose_Jr. 04-12-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugerya (Post 8890828)
I'm with you brother. I got Sirius for the hockey and Stern, then they lost hockey to XM. With a little bit of luck we'll have the best of both worlds once again next year.

I do like "NHL Live" with Don LaGreca, Zig Fracassi and Joe Tolleson. Just moved into a new office though, I can't bring in a satellite signal and the sport stations are not streamed online. :thumbd:

NYR94 04-12-2007 01:42 PM

They have a hard time with hockey, we all know that. But it also extends to film:

Mike & The Mad Dog were discussing movies once, and the Ben Affleck film Daredevil came up. Mike said that it was the story of a blind lawyer who fights crime as the Daredevil and you know what Chris asked?

"Is it based on a true story?"

A blind guy fighting crime in a red suit...being a true story. Chris Russo, ladies and gentlemen, Chris Russo--Mental Giant.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 04-12-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR94 (Post 8891201)
They have a hard time with hockey, we all know that. But it also extends to film:

Mike & The Mad Dog were discussing movies once, and the Ben Affleck film Daredevil came up. Mike said that it was the story of a blind lawyer who fights crime as the Daredevil and you know what Chris asked?

"Is it based on a true story?"

A blind guy fighting crime in a red suit...being a true story. Chris Russo, ladies and gentlemen, Chris Russo--Mental Giant.

If you are looking to those two for film advice, you're going to be more disappointed than you will be if you are looking to them for hockey insight.

cjdv16 04-12-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 8876155)

He calls their team the biggest underdog that will suprise..<rolls eyes>

um... yeah, um, great.

so what's wrong w/anything that you quoted?

please explain....

hpNYR 04-12-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badko (Post 8888609)

Why do you think I said they both suck in my first post..lol.

PMNEWYORK 04-12-2007 03:56 PM

Only Joe and Evan and of course Steve offer any hockey on FAN.
But, if you want hockey radio, got to Fan590 in Toronto. They stream over the internet.
Wall to wall hockey (when they don't duscuss the Raptors or Blues Jays or CFL or curling).
I even call them from time to time and go on the air. It's cool. They love it when New Yorkers call in.:teach:

GentlemanOfLeisure 04-14-2007 06:27 AM

I heard through a good source that the guy WFAN wants to bring in to replace Don Imus in the morning is.....

JIM ROME.