HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Proposal Game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36949)

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 08:17 AM

The Proposal Game
 
here's how it goes: evaluate the proposal of the guy above you, and then make your own below it.

TO BUFFALO:

Steve Ott, John Erskine, Dallas's 2nd rounder in 2004

TO DALLAS:

Miroslav Satan, Buffalo's 4th rounder in 2004

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 09:19 AM

*bump*

c'mon people, give it a shot...

Slats432 12-18-2003 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
here's how it goes: evaluate the proposal of the guy above you, and then make your own below it.

TO BUFFALO:

Steve Ott, John Erskine, Dallas's 2nd rounder in 2004

TO DALLAS:

Miroslav Satan, Buffalo's 4th rounder in 2004

I hope that Buffalo could do a bit better than that. Satan makes bigger money but I would think he would be the kind of guy that Buffalo would move for a struggling star on a different team. It may be OK valuewise, but I don't mind the Sabre blueline, although any team could use a Steve Ott.

TO Edmonton: Maxim Afinogenov, Dmitri Kalinin

To Buffalo: Brad Isbister, Shawn Horcoff, Jani Rita

Frolov 12-18-2003 09:29 AM

Dallas can't afford to deal Erskin right now and even if they did it wouldn't be enough to get Satan. Sabres would want atleast one bluechiper and a 1st round pick

--------------------------------------------------------------

To Kings: Robert Lang

To Caps: Joseph Stumpel + Tomas Zhizhka + 1st round draft pick

SensGod 12-18-2003 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
here's how it goes: evaluate the proposal of the guy above you, and then make your own below it.

TO BUFFALO:

Steve Ott, John Erskine, Dallas's 2nd rounder in 2004

TO DALLAS:

Miroslav Satan, Buffalo's 4th rounder in 2004

As much as I like Ott, he's probably not going to be the 1st line player he was slated to be when drafted. He's going to be an excellent 2nd/3rd line energy guy with a bit of a scoring touch though. Erskine...not much you can say about him. He's big, tough and won't be anything more than a 6th dman in the league.

Satan is a proven high flying scoring RW...and I think that if the Stars want him he's going to cost the Stars alot more than Ott and Erskine. You'd have to move into the realm of the Daley, Miettinen, Jokinen, Bacashihua level prospect wise to land Satan I think.

It's a good start...but I think it would take more...




Here's a really simple one.

to Ottawa:
Huselius

to Florida
Schastlivy

leafaholix* 12-18-2003 09:36 AM

You're not going to land Kristian Huselius for Petr Schastlivy.

Atleast I hope not.

To Toronto: F Kristian Huselius
To Florida: F Kyle Wellwood, 3rd Round Pick (2004)

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
to Ottawa:
Huselius

to Florida
Schastlivy

see, i think Huselius still has WAAAAAAAAAY more value than Schastlivy. but that's just me. i wouldn't do it, from the Panthers persepective.

TO PHOENIX:

Kristian Huselius

TO FLORIDA:

Chris Gratton, Krys Kolanos, Phoneix's 4th rounder in 2004

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frolov
Dallas can't afford to deal Erskin right now and even if they did it wouldn't be enough to get Satan. Sabres would want atleast one bluechiper and a 1st round pick

--------------------------------------------------------------

To Kings: Robert Lang

To Caps: Joseph Stumpel + Tomas Zhizhka + 1st round draft pick

sounds good. i don't know that the Caps would have a lot of interest in Stumpel, but i don't know a lot about Zizka, and a 1st rounder is a nice pickup. looks ok to me, as i think Lang will fade out anyways.

TO DETROIT:

Robert Lang

TO WASHINGTON:

Jiri Hudler, Detroit's 1st rounder in 2004

SensGod 12-18-2003 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
see, i think Huselius still has WAAAAAAAAAY more value than Schastlivy. but that's just me. i wouldn't do it, from the Panthers persepective.

TO PHOENIX:

Kristian Huselius

TO FLORIDA:

Chris Gratton, Krys Kolanos, Phoneix's 4th rounder in 2004

I think that is a wee tad too much. As you can tell...I'm not overly high on Huselius right now...but that's just me.

how about this.

To Dallas:
Martin Havlat

To Ottawa
Brendan Morrow

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
To Toronto: F Kristian Huselius
To Florida: F Kyle Wellwood, 3rd Round Pick (2004)

bah. if Huselius goes to Toronto for that, Leaf's fans will crap themselves.

TO TORONTO:

Kristian Huselius, Lyle Odelein

TO FLORIDA:

Matt Stajan, Pierre Hedin, conditional mid-round pick

leafaholix* 12-18-2003 09:47 AM

Lyle Odelein has 0 value.

SensGod 12-18-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Lyle Odelein has 0 value.

...wow...you are giving him credit ;)

leafaholix* 12-18-2003 09:55 AM

Yup... the guy's lucky he's got an NHL contract.

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
I think that is a wee tad too much. As you can tell...I'm not overly high on Huselius right now...but that's just me.

how about this.

To Dallas:
Martin Havlat

To Ottawa
Brendan Morrow

well, that one's been rehashed. i think it's fair enough, but neither side ever likes it, so that probably means that its a really good trade.

hmm...

TO NYR:

Aaron Miller, LA's 2nd rounder in 2004

TO LA:

Anson Carter

Oiltalk 12-18-2003 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
I think that is a wee tad too much. As you can tell...I'm not overly high on Huselius right now...but that's just me.

how about this.

To Dallas:
Martin Havlat

To Ottawa
Brendan Morrow

Havlat seems to fit in really well with Ottawa, and not sure Morrow would be the right choice.

To Detroit:
Laraque and 2nd or 3rd rounder

To Edmonton:
1st round pick

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Lyle Odelein has 0 value.

i pretty much meant TO would have to take Odelein just to get Huselius...

TO DALLAS:

Jani Hurme, Atlanta's 4th rounder

TO ATLANTA:

Ron Tugnutt, Trevor Daley

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltalk
To Detroit:
Laraque and 2nd or 3rd rounder

To Edmonton:
1st round pick


well, if you want. Laraque is a fan favorite in Edmonton, i'm not sure getting a low 1st rounder and giving up another decent pick justifies getting rid of him...

TO CAROLINA:

Brian Rolston

TO BOSTON:

Erik Cole

thestonedkoala 12-18-2003 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
i pretty much meant TO would have to take Odelein just to get Huselius...

TO DALLAS:

Jani Hurme, Atlanta's 4th rounder

TO ATLANTA:

Ron Tugnutt, Trevor Daley

Wouldn't do it Dallas. They have Jason and Tobias coming through so why do they need another young goalie? Plus giving up Daley hurts, they need as many good defensemen as they can get with the loss of Sydor and Hatcher.

Ummm...

TO BUFFALO

Brad Brown

TO MINNESOTA

5th Round Draft Pick

Sorry can't think of any for another team...I'm an idiot.

Frolov 12-18-2003 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
well, that one's been rehashed. i think it's fair enough, but neither side ever likes it, so that probably means that its a really good trade.

hmm...

TO NYR:

Aaron Miller, LA's 2nd rounder in 2004

TO LA:

Anson Carter


Kings have no need for the overrated Anson Carter and we certainly wouldn't give up the 3rd best D-man on our team along with a 2nd round pick we don't have.

Aaron Miller + Jared Aulin + 1st round draft pick

For

Hamerlik + Parrish

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
TO BUFFALO

Brad Brown

TO MINNESOTA

5th Round Draft Pick

Sorry can't think of any for another team...I'm an idiot.

dude, you'd be lucky to get that...use this site for your proposals:

http://www.forecaster.ca/demo/hockey/teamindex.cgi

TO BUFFALO:

Jaroslav Spacek

TO COLUMBUS:

Maxim Afinogenov

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frolov
Aaron Miller + Jared Aulin + 1st round draft pick

For

Hamerlik + Parrish


methinks you're overrating Miller and Aulin here. that package MIGHT get you Hamrlik alone.

TO DALLAS:

Bryce Salvador, St. Louis' 3rd rounder in 2004

TO ST. LOUIS:

Scott Young, $3 million

Kritty 12-18-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
You're not going to land Kristian Huselius for Petr Schastlivy.

Atleast I hope not.

To Toronto: F Kristian Huselius
To Florida: F Kyle Wellwood, 3rd Round Pick (2004)

You cannot be serious. You say Petr Schastlivy won't get you Huselius but you seem to think Kyle Wellwood and a 3rd will? Schastlivy has tons more potential than Wellwood and has already seen NHL action and shown what he is capable of. The jury is still out on whether or not Wellwood can compete at the NHL level. This is awful, big surprise you're a Leaf fan.

TwineSniper 12-18-2003 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
methinks you're overrating Miller and Aulin here. that package MIGHT get you Hamrlik alone.

TO DALLAS:

Bryce Salvador, St. Louis' 3rd rounder in 2004

TO ST. LOUIS:

Scott Young, $3 million

Scott Young is aging and no longer producing as much, I think the 3rd Rounder for him (and the pay structure) is about what he's worth...


To Dallas:
Robert Reichel
Darcy Tucker


To Toronto:
Pierre Turgeon
Scott Young

AvsGuy 12-18-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise
To Dallas:
Robert Reichel
Darcy Tucker


To Toronto:
Pierre Turgeon
Scott Young

not a bad idea. i still like Darcy Tucker better than the other 3 though, and i do think that deal just make the Leaf's older and lazier...

TO CALGARY:

Dainus Zubrus

TO WASHINGTON:

Toni Lydman, Blair Betts

Pinto 12-18-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Scott Young is aging and no longer producing as much, I think the 3rd Rounder for him (and the pay structure) is about what he's worth...


To Dallas:
Robert Reichel
Darcy Tucker


To Toronto:
Pierre Turgeon
Scott Young

lol, NO thank you


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.