HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New Rallying Cry ... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=370322)

Joe T Choker 04-14-2007 11:48 PM

New Rallying Cry ...

instead of the "No Excuses" ... how about "US AGAINST THE WORLD"

Olaf 04-15-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe T Choker (Post 8930105)

Or Nashville Predators..."The little team of hate" ...
or .... "Trotzie and the Terminators"?

"Neckless and the 5 minute majors"?....ehh, that sounds more like a band name.

Seth Lake 04-15-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf (Post 8930451)
"Trotzie and the Terminators"

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it! :thumbu:

PeterAngelo 04-15-2007 03:16 AM

Are the preds responsible for global warming? thats what i hear...

SCinSJ 04-15-2007 05:55 AM

Trust me... I'm not trying to be a 'troll'.. I like the Preds (if they weren't playing the Sharks) but promoting game misconducts like they are something to be proud of is just the wrong approach. I grew up a in Toronto as a 'Leafs' fan but have been living in San Jose for awhile now. I am not trying to be a 'homer' but it is bad for the NHL in general to be proud of what the refs have deemed an 'illegal hit'. Don't forget we may love our teams but we are NHL fans first... Acting like illegal plays are something to be proud of is just irresponsible... period.

golfmade 04-15-2007 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCinSJ (Post 8931809)
Trust me... I'm not trying to be a 'troll'.. I like the Preds (if they weren't playing the Sharks) but promoting game misconducts like they are something to be proud of is just the wrong approach. I grew up a in Toronto as a 'Leafs' fan but have been living in San Jose for awhile now. I am not trying to be a 'homer' but it is bad for the NHL in general to be proud of what the refs have deemed an 'illegal hit'. Don't forget we may love our teams but we are NHL fans first... Acting like illegal plays are something to be proud of is just irresponsible... period.

The only title in here I see that is even remotely close to 'promoting game misconducts' is the 5 minute majors one and the terminators one. Other then that on what basis do you assume Preds fans are proud of the illegal plays that have gone on in the series? And don't give me a small sample size because every team base has whinners, complainers and all around dumb****s.

Olaf 04-15-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

lighten up.... I am obviously not the same marketing/promotion machine that is Ron Wilson and the Sharks web site.
Do you not think Preds fans are as upset as anyone else? I mean after all the best player on the ice for 25 minutes of the first 2 games is now sitting out game 3......and rightfully so.
We have already delt with the "promotiong" of media types slamming the team attendance, and our owners voting record... and Jim Lites displeasure that the team did not celebrate Modano. I think light hearted venting on a forum as such is hardly promoting illegal plays.

Enoch 04-15-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

These are tongue in cheek remarks to the way Wilson and the SJose media has approached the situation.

Seth Lake 04-15-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Personally, I took it as a joke. A way to blow off steam between games. I really don't know how you are taking it seriously. I don't think any of our posters (with the obvious totally mentally incapacitated exception here and there) wish for anyone to be injured.

As was mentioned above...which is going to give us more of a chance of winning: "taking out" another San Jose player with an illegal hit and serve the penalty and then suspension or keep trying to reduce our number of penalty minutes and keep the Sharks playing at even strength where we're the better team?

xEx 04-15-2007 02:50 PM

For some strange reason I get the feeling that Wilson is gonna take a puck while on the bench. Maybe Sully can use some of his karma on him.

How about a rally song??? "Another one bites the dust......":sarcasm:

mmneely932 04-15-2007 04:52 PM

As far as the NHL and most of it's fans are concerned we're the dirties team to step on the ice in it's history, they skate to a half empty arena of red necked, know nothing, NASCAR loving (yeah I've got the race on in the other room with hubby calling out the highlights while I surf) toothless, inbred, uneducated, bullies whose team should be shipped off to Winnipeg on the tomorrow morning's first Greyhound out of Sticksville.

What the hell else are we gonna do except joke about it?
We've taken this since 1998 and probably will as long as we're around, which according to every newspaper (including the Tennessean) and every sports reporter, plus 99% of the Canadian population of Canada, be they hockey fans or not, oh that's right, EVERYONE in Canada is a hockey fan, won't be more than season or two until Winnipeg can get an arena built.
Look at the name of the thread, do you REALLY think we came here to gripe about the calls, hits or anything else going on the ice?

Think I'm a little touchy? Maybe, if you don't like it go back to Ron Wilson's whine fest and jump into that little pityfest. It's kind of like TV, no not Tomas Vokoun, television, if you don't like what's on, change the channel. Me, I'm kind of enjoying the program.

There, I feel SO much better!

Now back to the program

How about Barry and the Broadway Bullies?

Basher 04-15-2007 05:23 PM

Honky-Tonk Hitmen

Borat Sagdiyev 04-15-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe T Choker (Post 8930105)

How about "US AGAINST THE RULES"

That seems to fit much better.

barrytrotzsneck 04-15-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev (Post 8939654)

Along those lines...i notice serrated edges above and below your avatars...is that to represent the opening of a tissue box? ;)

Borat Sagdiyev 04-15-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 8939718)
Along those lines...i notice serrated edges above and below your avatars...is that to represent the opening of a tissue box? ;)

Almost. If Bernier had been paralyzed.

Olaf 04-15-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev (Post 8939654)

They just had a segment on Versus about the regular season series...and there were 12 of the (boarding,charging, elbowing , cross checking) type penalties....Sharks committed 8 of them.

In that light did anybody see the hit Schubert put on Scuderi at the end of the Pens-Sens game? It was just as bad as Rads if not worse. He got 2 minutes..... a Pred would have gotten the usual 5 min , game and probably 3 games suspension and Wilson would have still imploded.

barrytrotzsneck 04-15-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev (Post 8939819)
Almost. If Bernier had been paralyzed.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be right back out there tomorrow, another satisifed customer of Ron Wilson's Miracle Hospital.

Borat Sagdiyev 04-15-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 8940013)
Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be right back out there tomorrow, another satisifed customer of Ron Wilson's Miracle Hospital.

HAHA. Man, you guys are awesome.

I'm definitely not defending Ron Wilson because he's a big problem with the heart of this team, but I'm just wondering where all the RW hate from you guys comes from? Is it because he defended his players after they were taken out?

braindead 04-15-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 8935566)
I don't think any of our posters (with the obvious totally mentally incapacitated exception here and there) wish for anyone to be injured.

I'm feeling a like the caveman in the Geico commercial-- please do not refer to these people as if they were..... braindead (unless of course that was what you intended):)

barrytrotzsneck 04-15-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev (Post 8940218)

I'm definitely not defending Ron Wilson because he's a big problem with the heart of this team, but I'm just wondering where all the RW hate from you guys comes from? Is it because he defended his players after they were taken out?

My dislike for Wilson goes back further than SJ. He has a reputation for complaining about every little thing, regardless of whether or not it's justified. To make matters worse, even when he has a point, it's hard to take him seriously, given the arrogant\cocky air with which he carries himself. There's nothing wrong with that when it comes to players, but you expect more decorum from your coaching staff.

And I say that knowing full well that Trotz isn't innocent, either.

Nashville108* 04-15-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev (Post 8940218)

Does anyone really need a reason? But yes, because he whines more than Crosby and Chelios combined. And he's just downright disrespectful to his peers sometimes.

Enoch 04-15-2007 08:31 PM

I did see that hit by Schubert?, and it was definitely worse than Radulov's hit by a large margin. The guy only got 2 minutes, and he probably won't even be reviewed.

Olaf 04-15-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 8940485)
I did see that hit by Schubert?, and it was definitely worse than Radulov's hit by a large margin. The guy only got 2 minutes, and he probably won't even be reviewed.

At least Radulov stopped his momentum on contact...Schubert went through Scuderi with his elbow on the back of his head. It was really ugly and I was shocked it was 2 minutes and then negated by 2 minute roughing on the Pens. If that hit happens tomorrow night either way there will be a riot.

Fraserburn 04-15-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 8940485)

Apparantly the No Harm, No Foul rule is in effect

WineShark 04-16-2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 8940421)
My dislike for Wilson goes back further than SJ. He has a reputation for complaining about every little thing, regardless of whether or not it's justified. To make matters worse, even when he has a point, it's hard to take him seriously, given the arrogant\cocky air with which he carries himself. There's nothing wrong with that when it comes to players, but you expect more decorum from your coaching staff.

And I say that knowing full well that Trotz isn't innocent, either.

Its almost humorous the predictable accounts that come from opposing sides, and how the teams fans are drawn in as if it was Russia versus Germany circa 1942. The Sharks lose 2 players for all of the remainder of a game. NAS gets 2 games misconducts because of that. And what do we get?
  • Sharks
    • They are headhunting our skill players
    • The dirty offenders deserve multiple suspensions
  • Preds
    • Bad calls. Its us against the world.
    • Our guys didn't intend to hurt them.
    • They are faking their injuries in a ploy to get our players suspended.
Truth? Hartnel and Radulov played just over the line, and hurt two players. Intent? Irrelevent. It just happened and deserved the calls based on the plays themselves, and the injuries to the other players (extent of injures are considered). They were dangerous fouls.

Hartnell's foul was a judgment with respect to "intent" (Cheech was out for the game, and so was Hartnell. That is bad for the SJS in terms of trade, but at least fair both teams lost a player. No supplementary penalty. Right call by the refs and good call by the League.)

Radulov had plenty of time to not make that play, but IMO was caught up in the intensity. Its his first NHL playoff series. He didn't 'intend' on KO'ing Bernier. But he did. (Again, an even-up call with both players off the ice. Probably a worse trade for NAS given Radulov's play in both games. Suspension 1 game. Right call by the League.)

Wilson complains ('whines') about the dirty play. (Why? To get his players fired up and the League to look at the ejections.) Trotz pretends Bernier could see Radulov coming and points out that Radulov and Hartnell's have never been suspended. "Radulov is the least dirty player on the team." "When I looked at the Hartnell play in slow motion, I don't even think it deserved a penalty." "Were just trying to play hockey ........ and they turn it into a street brawl." (Why the hyperbole? To get his players fired up and protect them from League suspensions). But neither Wilson or Trotz positions are credible. They are both whiners and biased, and doing their jobs to win this series.

Its men's ice hockey. People get hurt and there are ways its dealt with from penalties, suspensions, and fights. We've seen them all.

What I don't get is the inuendo that Bernier and Cheechoo would lay down in a ploy to get an ejection and a suspension. Why would the top scoring forward on the team, in a sport known for toughness, not want to get back on the ice in an OT game if he weren't seriously injured since the point is to win the game and he has a big stick? (He played at 50% Friday and hurt the team playing IMO). Same thing is true of Bernier. While I see players dressing up plays to draw fouls all the time, I've NEVER heard of an NHL'er that would take themselves completely out of a playoff game by faking an injury. All I know about NHL'ers, is they are the toughest players in sport. Its common to play through broken feet, broken hands, separated shoulders, etc.

So everybody tee up your favorite villain:

Me? I can't stand Trotz who is always whining to the refs about how he is getting jobbed in getting ANY penalty - regardless of whether or not it's justified. I see him as a cross between Boris Badenov, and Danny DeVito. I can't stand Tootoo who lays an elbow into a players ribs along the boards, then flops on the ground as if someone tripped him. I can't stand Forsberg who is an Olympic diver.

But isn't that what makes a great hockey rivalry? We have to have villians, sub-plots, intrigue, and collusion for this to be great. So, here's to tough physical play with grate skaters, hits, passes, saves, and more bad-guys, and getting through this series with no more major injuries as I'd like to see the winner get to the cup.
:cheers: