HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   lindros for joesph rumor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37080)

Son of Steinbrenner 12-18-2003 06:18 PM

lindros for joesph rumor

anybody watching the game tonight heard thorne and clement comment on an article in a toronto paper tommorow that stats lindros is being offered for joseph. jesus i hope not.

we could have had joseph for free. TWICE

Edge 12-18-2003 06:29 PM

so if sather does the trade, would you officially be a convert to the "what the heck is sather doing with this team?" approach?

Son of Steinbrenner 12-18-2003 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
so if sather does the trade, would you officially be a convert to the "what the heck is sather doing with this team?" approach?

why not im half way there already. although i stand by his draft record :p
the thing about it is i hate lindros and the quicker he is off the team the better. im the guy that loved the lindros trade. i just think if you are going to trade lindros to detroit you might as well get something else besides joseph.

Fire Sather 12-18-2003 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
why not im half way there already. although i stand by his draft record :p
the thing about it is i hate lindros and the quicker he is off the team the better. im the guy that loved the lindros trade. i just think if you are going to trade lindros to detroit you might as well get something else besides joseph.

Lindros= :bow:

tony 12-18-2003 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge

we can't play defense so does it really matter who we have in goal? i say keep lindros and can sather. that 3rd period tonight was an embarrassment. they should have buried the isles in the 3rd but instead we let them put it to us the entire period. they have no concept of defense and rarely play 60 mins. this team, and i use that term loosely, is going nowhere so making trades at this point is like shovelling sh@t against the tide.

Rodent 12-18-2003 09:54 PM

I could not believe what I was hearing from Clement.

Jussi has a save rate of .923
Mike has a save rate of .915
CuJo has a save rate of .901

And Slats is supposed to be trading Eric Lindros to Detroit for CuJo? It defies rationality to believe that Joseph will improve Ranger position in the standings. And the loss of Lindros would deal a big blow in terms of depth to a team as old and vulnerable to injury as NYR is. Big E will have more positive impact on this team than CuJo can. And now that Lindros has missed his performance incentive, he's also considerably less expensive than Joseph.

LiquidClown 12-19-2003 11:19 AM

I really think you all are blowing this WAY out of proportion.

Keep in mind they started out by saying, "Rumors are said to be going around that say Sather is shopping Lindros to Detroit"

Then the epsn guys started giving their spin on it then by suggesting that sather may be looking for a goalie, of course Cujo's name is going to come up.
Don't get me wrong I loathe Sather, but if you think he'd pull a trade of Erica straight for Cujo you're completely off your rocker. Slats is notorious for pissing GM's off because he doesn't trade unless he gets exactly what he wants.
If Lindros goes to Detroit (which I still highly doubt) Cujo MAY be on his way but then someone else is coming back, Cujo would be a throw in because of his salary.

JR#9* 12-19-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent
I could not believe what I was hearing from Clement.

Jussi has a save rate of .923
Mike has a save rate of .915
CuJo has a save rate of .901

And Slats is supposed to be trading Eric Lindros to Detroit for CuJo? It defies rationality to believe that Joseph will improve Ranger position in the standings. And the loss of Lindros would deal a big blow in terms of depth to a team as old and vulnerable to injury as NYR is. Big E will have more positive impact on this team than CuJo can. And now that Lindros has missed his performance incentive, he's also considerably less expensive than Joseph.

Exactly.

Don't even waste time with this BS rmour as it makes zero sense.The Wings would dump CUJO for nothing as long as they could move him and get at least some finacial relief on his deal and Lindros would be a huge loss to this team and being that his deal is up at the end of the year Slats will not move him as it just defies logic as Rodent said.

ddheyman 12-19-2003 12:27 PM

Clement is a moron ... not only does it not make sense, it is old and stale.

1) CUJO was waived ... we could have had him for free

2) What two goalies aren't enough? you want three?

3) CUJO is old on the downside and owed so much money (not that that has stopped us before) but he is also playing badly!!!

4) Did he really have nothing else to talk about????

It makes about as much sense as saying we are going to trade Leetch for the rights to Raymond Bourque!!!

Mark Pavelich 12-19-2003 04:17 PM

I know overall he has been playing well but I am not convinced a team can consistently win with a guy like Dunham. As most of us agree the Rangers are a team that is ready to win so he might as well stay put. If Sather made this trade it would be an awful mistake, Joseph was an excellent goalie but somewhere along the line he has clearly lost his confidence. If he is going to go after a veteran goalie that can be had I would rather see him go after Kolzig as long as they do not have to give up prospects.