HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Begin out 3 months! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37087)

Kerberos* 12-18-2003 06:32 PM

Begin out 3 months!

CKAC

Arthroscopic surgery to repair the cartilidge in his shoulder

snatchmasterflex 12-18-2003 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos
CKAC

that sucks :mad:

RichardZednik#20 12-18-2003 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos
CKAC

1 word: OUTCH!!!!

NHLcrazy 12-18-2003 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snatchmasterflex
that sucks :mad:

Put it this way: he's going to be back just on time for the playoffs! ;)

CrAzYNiNe 12-18-2003 06:34 PM

Ya that will happend. Oh well, we have lost Koivu for longer, so it doesn't worry me, but I am not happy about it either.

gohabsgo2010 12-18-2003 06:37 PM

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/polk/iwfd/anger.gif

That's all I have to say.

Hope your backs okay Joey. Screw your head on tight Chad.

Boutmania 12-18-2003 06:37 PM

Time to call up...Gratton

BLONG7 12-18-2003 06:41 PM

Tuff news... but Ward will return anyday now, which will be a big help... then Claudette to the Dogs of Hamilton!

gohabsgo2010 12-18-2003 06:44 PM

Problem with calling up Benoit, is that he has to clear waivers to return to the AHL, if he does not work out here, he would surely be plucked off the waiver wire. Losing him is a big blow to the Dogs chances. I think BG wants them to win it all this year; see the prospects develop in a true, winning situation.

HCH 12-18-2003 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Problem with calling up Benoit, is that he has to clear waivers to return to the AHL, if he does not work out here, he would surely be plucked off the waiver wire. Losing him is a big blow to the Dogs chances. I think BG wants them to win it all this year; see the prospects develop in a true, winning situation.

If Gainey feels calling up Gratton will help Mtl make the playoffs, he won't be worrying too much about Hamilton.

And I think Gratton is in the last year of his contract and the organization would probably lose him at the end of the year if he feels he hasn't been given a fair chance. I'm sure there are other teams that would be willing to take a gamble on him.

Howie Morenz 12-18-2003 07:06 PM

It's safe to say Juneau gets a reprieve. He'll probably sleep better now. ;)

Patty Roy 12-18-2003 07:08 PM

Terrible news...i really love what Begin brought to the table every single night.

What's even more depressing is that we'll have to put up with Juneau on the 3rd line for the next 3 months... :cry:

Dutchy 12-18-2003 10:33 PM

NOW can I say ******** DE CALISSE D'OSTI DE ST-SIMONQUE DE CIBORE DE CRISS!?!?!?!?!

Darz 12-19-2003 05:01 AM

Definately not good news. Hopefully a few of Begin's teammates will realize that if they play the way he did they will have a regualr lineup spot on a nightly basis.

I'm looking in your direction Mr. Kilger.

Démon Blond 12-19-2003 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz

I'm looking in your direction Mr. Kilger.

It might be a heretic thought but even the Sacred Pretzel can't do anything for Kilger, that man is a lost cause IMHO... :mad:

Darz 12-19-2003 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Démon Blond
It might be a heretic thought but even the Sacred Pretzel can't do anything for Kilger, that man is a lost cause IMHO... :mad:

I'm starting to feel the same way, I just can't understand how a guy with his tools with an attitude adjustment couldn't become a valuable player. I'm not talking top six forward, but.......

Joe Cole 12-19-2003 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I'm starting to feel the same way, I just can't understand how a guy with his tools with an attitude adjustment couldn't become a valuable player. I'm not talking top six forward, but.......

....as I have said before...Kilger is as soft as a grape.

If you constantly have to light a fire under a first round draft pick flop to play physical, when that seems to be the only thing he can do, then I think you have to call a spade a spade. Kilger is at best a replacement 4th liner born without a mean streak.

Begin will be missed, but make no bones of it, there are other Begins looking for work. They may not be 1st rounders or make $1 mill, but there are some guys willing to trade their physical health for a NHL paycheck.