HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dear Santa, (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37173)

Teezax 12-19-2003 04:30 AM

Dear Santa,

For god's sake, get us a @#$%'n winning goaltender.

Thanks,
Teezax®

Steve L* 12-19-2003 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
For god's sake, get us a @#$%'n winning goaltender.

Thanks,
Teezax®

I think we've all got a better chance of an naked olympic netball team turning up in out stockings than that happening.

Clarke just doesnt see a problem, if he doesnt see it, he wont fix it.

Overtime 12-19-2003 07:04 AM

Christmas Wish List:

Comrie: A new agent
Fedoruk: A new face
LeClair: A new stick - one that can score goals
Recchi: A new baby - he seems to light it up when a new one arrives
Esche: A new groin
Roenick: No distractions - he went into a funk when filming Hack
Hackett: Side view mirrors
Therien: Smaller turning radius
Weinrich: Quicker accelleration
Primeau: Hands
Williams: A home (on a line)
Brashear: A brain
Amonte: Courage
Ragnarsson: A heart (not really, but it fits the theme and he wasn't used yet)

Dr Love 12-19-2003 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overtime
Ragnarsson: A heart (not really, but it fits the theme and he wasn't used yet)

If anyone it's Gagne.

Overtime 12-19-2003 07:14 AM

I might have said that last year, but not this year. He's playing with a renewed vigor and is hitting quite a bit.

Dr Love 12-19-2003 07:16 AM

Quote:

I might have said that last year, but not this year. He's playing with a renewed vigor and is hitting quite a bit.

I was talking more on the lines of recovering and playing well after taking a big hit.

Overtime 12-19-2003 07:28 AM

I actually was surprised that I had a tough time thinking of any player on the team this year as not having a heart.

Things are going in the right direction.

DanKordicsFist 12-19-2003 08:50 AM

Quote:

I actually was surprised that I had a tough time thinking of any player on the team this year as not having a heart.

Things are going in the right direction.

They are definitely playing with heart this year. In the games Hackett supposedly "kept us in" the players scored in ugly ways to gain a point or win at the end of games.

DanKordicsFist 12-19-2003 09:06 AM

How about Somik? Is it just me or is he pretty useless? Watching last night I couldn't help but wonder if we could get Fedotenko back. Maybe for Somik. I haven't checked stats but I don't think Somik is better and Ruslan was never short on heart. He also had one of the two goals against Ottawa in the playoffs 2 years ago. It was a game winner.

I just don't see what he adds to the team. Anybody have any thoughts?

Dr Love 12-19-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
How about Somik? Is it just me or is he pretty useless? Watching last night I couldn't help but wonder if we could get Fedotenko back. Maybe for Somik. I haven't checked stats but I don't think Somik is better and Ruslan was never short on heart. He also had one of the two goals against Ottawa in the playoffs 2 years ago. It was a game winner.

I just don't see what he adds to the team. Anybody have any thoughts?

I agree. Somik fits the definition of "replaceable." The offense he showed at the end of the year isn't there. But all you're going to get for him is a comparable player, so why bother. If (when) he's moved it'll almost certainly be in a multiplayer/2 for 1 swap.