HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A piece on a possible coaching candidate (Marc Habscheid) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=372087)

Joe T Choker 04-19-2007 05:14 PM

A piece on a possible coaching candidate (Marc Habscheid)

with one of the better columnists in all of hockey

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...NStory/Sports/

veronesepk 04-19-2007 09:00 PM

I like the Habscheid article - I'd hate to see Trotz replaced (and granted, he probably won't be fired), but if that's the organization's decision, I'm sure they know what they are doing. Is Claude Noel a possible candidate at all?

Joe T Choker 04-19-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veronesepk (Post 8999990)
I like the Habscheid article - I'd hate to see Trotz replaced (and granted, he probably won't be fired), but if that's the organization's decision, I'm sure they know what they are doing. Is Claude Noel a possible candidate at all?

I seriously doubt it ... because Noel is the exact same type of Coach that Trotz is

Enoch 04-19-2007 09:05 PM

Trotz has a team option, so he does not have to be fired....

Joe T Choker 04-19-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 9000107)

correct ... and it better not be picked up

Jarnberg 04-19-2007 10:02 PM

I don't want to see us go after someone in the organization if we went down the route of firing or letting Trotz go. Especially Noel.

barrytrotzsneck 04-19-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 9000107)

Correct...and I think that's why he hasn't been extended. I think the organization is very "wait and see."

As they should be. There's no denying what Trotz has done for this team...but there's also no denying that he was given all the chips to win this year. We'll see.

barrytrotzsneck 04-19-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 9001225)
I don't want to see us go after someone in the organization if we went down the route of firing or letting Trotz go. Especially Noel.

Agreed.

If I were to choose?

Pat Burns or Larry Robinson.

therealdeal 04-19-2007 10:23 PM

Marc Habschied? :biglaugh:

You want to get rid of Trotz for Habscheid? I want some of what you guys are smoking. :yo:

USF Shark 04-19-2007 10:40 PM

if you want a coach that can light a real fire under the team for a few years and works well with young players you guys should look no further than Kevin Constantine.

barrytrotzsneck 04-19-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedi Ron Wilson (Post 9001790)
if you want a coach that can light a real fire under the team for a few years and works well with young players you guys should look no further than Kevin Constantine.

He's another name I considered

Joe T Choker 04-19-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealdeal (Post 9001568)
Marc Habschied? :biglaugh:

You want to get rid of Trotz for Habscheid? I want some of what you guys are smoking. :yo:

what's so funny? ... didn't he coach the Memorial Cup Champs (undefeated) with practically zero offensive weapons from the forward corp ? ... It was Weber, Card & the rest of the defense along with Kelly Guard ... and Team Canada a couple of years ago as well (I believe '05)

therealdeal 04-20-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Trotz (Post 9002753)
what's so funny? ... didn't he coach the Memorial Cup Champs (undefeated) with practically zero offensive weapons from the forward corp ? ... It was Weber, Card & the rest of the defense along with Kelly Guard ... and Team Canada a couple of years ago as well (I believe '05)

Canada didn't win a tournament with him behind the bench, and trust me, a lot of times we had the best team. He coached in two world championships, a spengler cup, and a junior championships.

Killerbeez 04-20-2007 09:21 AM

habscheid did such a great job with Boston this year. Tell you what, I'd trade Habs for Trotz straight up any day of the week to be head coach in Boston. I swear some folks don't know what you have in Trotz as a coach.

barrytrotzsneck 04-20-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerbeez (Post 9005725)
habscheid did such a great job with Boston this year. Tell you what, I'd trade Habs for Trotz straight up any day of the week to be head coach in Boston. I swear some folks don't know what you have in Trotz as a coach.

on the brink of being 0-3 in the first round, 0-7 on the road in the playoffs, an ANNUAL collapse in late february\early march, a weak record in "important" games, a tendency to get absolutely neutralized when we play a team that shows us something we can't adjust to...

Hazeltherabbit 04-20-2007 11:06 AM

Crispy! Crispy! Crispy!

Did anyone hear what he said on the radio 104.5 (6:15PM) yesterday? He was passively tearing Trotz apart. If he could bring that fire to our club. I would kill for him to take over.

Upchuck19 04-26-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerbeez (Post 9005725)

It doesn't matter what the Preds have in a coach, they have underacheived again. The Canucks needed a change in the dressing room and did way better under Vigneault than with Crawford. It wasn't that Vinny was a better coach, but a different coach with a different system.

I'm not saying fire Trotz, but if they do Habby would be a great coach. Habby is a student of the game and knows alot of systems down to a science.