HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Brookbank a Sen again (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37230)

Joe T Choker 12-19-2003 09:13 AM

Brookbank a Sen again

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=64935&hubName=nhl

surprise surprise surprise

tulsytrid1 12-19-2003 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army

Tell me about it... I would have rather lost Jimmy Mac. Brookbank was clearly our best enforcer we have ever had. And we have had a few eh.
Cote... geez this guy could not fight worth a darn, but he had heart.
Mad Dog Moro... Decent fighter with decent skills. Played a few games with the Leafs after he went there.
Stu... Would have been great barring injury.
Perrott... Looked good to me..probably a step or two under Brookbank.
Stevenson..not a true enforcer, but will drop the gloves and brings a toughness aspect to our line-up.
Phil Crowe...Not a good one.
Denny Lambert...ditto to stevenson. He knocked out Berehowskys tooth/teeth in a fight. Not that Bear was a fighter though.
Brent Myhres... Bad...really bad.

HyperSniper 12-19-2003 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army

What does that do to our FC? :dunno:

I'm guessing we get nothing.

tulsytrid1 12-19-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperSniper
What does that do to our FC? :dunno:

I'm guessing we get nothing.

Hopefully, we will get a late round pick out of it at least.

Enoch 12-19-2003 10:56 AM

I'm sure we get at least something.....Probably an 7-9th round pick

Blast

:madfire:

Radulov for Czar* 12-19-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
I'm sure we get at least something.....Probably an 7-9th round pick

Blast

:madfire:

Erat was an 8th round pick..

Enoch 12-19-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey
Erat was an 8th round pick..

I know the :madfire: was in frustration that we lost him to begin with.

SmokeyClause 12-19-2003 11:54 AM

You have to assume the future considerations involved Brookbank hitting the waiver wire. If he hadn't been picked up, we'd probably have gotten a better pick. If not, we'll probably get a 7th rounder or so, maybe a touch more. I think we'll get more than expected simply because if we knew Vanny was going to expose him (which it seems like they intended to do from the get-go), we could have just taken the risk ourselves and the reward would have been keeping Brookbank.

WuRtZLeSs 12-19-2003 01:07 PM

Something tells me the Pred's will regret this. Martin saw something in Brookbank for a reason and will likely turn him into a serviceable defenseman, someone the Pred's would've loved to have the services of.

darth5 12-19-2003 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
Something tells me the Pred's will regret this. Martin saw something in Brookbank for a reason and will likely turn him into a serviceable defenseman, someone the Pred's would've loved to have the services of.

Exactly what must of us predicted: Sens wanted him back.

Enoch 12-19-2003 03:49 PM

Many Cannuck fans seem convinced that the Preds will get nothing as their future considerations, since Brookbank was claimed.......I have a hard time swallowing that, but then again, I would have a hard time swallowing losing a draft pick for nothing if I was a Cannuck fan.

WuRtZLeSs 12-19-2003 04:01 PM

We'll probably get a 6th rounder from the Nucks, the Nucks getting the 7th rounder for the compensation of losing him. (Assuming the 7th is the compensation, I'm not altogether there as far as the whole waiver process is concerned)

Radulov for Czar* 12-19-2003 06:06 PM

we will be getting something for him, but prob. not much. I'm sure the league dosn't allow trades to go for nothing..

Waveburner 12-19-2003 09:04 PM

1)If Burke is really stupid enough to have dealt picks to Nashville for a player who needed to clear waivers, he is a very giant tool.
2)Since I don't think Burke is quite that stupid, I'm betting the Preds get nothing.
3)"Future Considerations" has ended up being squat later in countless deals-so it's not something new.
4)If you think the pick after being claimed off waivers is going to be as high as a 6th rounder-you are dreaming.

That's my take on this mess anyways. I just cannot see Burke being ******** enough to deal assets for waiver-wire calibre players.

EDIT-if anything, the Preds will receive a bit of cash. IMO.

Enoch 12-19-2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveburner
1)If Burke is really stupid enough to have dealt picks to Nashville for a player who needed to clear waivers, he is a very giant tool.
2)Since I don't think Burke is quite that stupid, I'm betting the Preds get nothing.
3)"Future Considerations" has ended up being squat later in countless deals-so it's not something new.
4)If you think the pick after being claimed off waivers is going to be as high as a 6th rounder-you are dreaming.

That's my take on this mess anyways. I just cannot see Burke being ******** enough to deal assets for waiver-wire calibre players.

If we get nothing if he is claimed off of waivers (which we knew he would that is why we traded him in the first place.........no room on the roster), then why would make the trade to begin with. Why would we not take the risk and keep the player that we wanted to begin with???

WuRtZLeSs 12-19-2003 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveburner

Perhaps the most crucial part of a trade is the exchange of one thing for another. The last I check, there indeed was a trade between the Canucks and Preds, you'll admit to that much - correct? Do you honestly think the Pred's would give up Brookbank for nothing, much less to a conference opponent? They could've tried waiving him themselves, and received compensation. It's not like Brookbank wouldn't have been welcomed in the Pred's system.

The Preds will either get cash or a pick, or a little of both. To say the Pred's eagerly gave Brookbank to the Canucks for nothing is stupid.

Don't worry, future considerations don't translate into Naslund.

Take a deep breath.

Olaf 12-20-2003 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
If we get nothing if he is claimed off of waivers (which we knew he would that is why we traded him in the first place.........no room on the roster), then why would make the trade to begin with. Why would we not take the risk and keep the player that we wanted to begin with???

I thought on the waiver wire if you claim a player from a team (Ottawa) then you would have to make considerations to that team (Ottawa) usually a somewhat small price. If you put that player back on waivers then the team he was claimed from (Ottawa) has the first chance to claim him and the Preds would then get no considerations. Since the Preds knew they where going to put him on waivers and likely lose him for nothing he decides to trade him to the Canucks so they at least get that FC from Vancouver and the nucks put him on waivers and gain FC from Ottawa since that was not the original team that claimed him.

Is that not right? :dunno: