HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Philly wants to know (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=372550)

flyersfan1221 04-20-2007 07:18 PM

Philly wants to know

Was Peter's foot as big an issue during his time in Nashville as it was in Philly? We could not win a game without him in the line up and his foot problems were a huge distraction. How did it go while he was with you guys? As a Flyers fan I really see no reason to bring him back.
Also, congratulations on making the playoffs. Tough luck vs those damn sharks.

golfmade 04-20-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan1221 (Post 9012538)
Was Peter's foot as big an issue during his time in Nashville as it was in Philly? We could not win a game without him in the line up and his foot problems were a huge distraction. How did it go while he was with you guys? As a Flyers fan I really see no reason to bring him back.
Also, congratulations on making the playoffs. Tough luck vs those damn sharks.

More mojo added to the Preds winning this series.

The series isn't over.

barrytrotzsneck 04-20-2007 10:44 PM

Forsberg's foot was no issue. He did a lot for us, but he couldn't do it alone.

RaiderDoug 04-20-2007 10:49 PM

Forsberg was everything he was built up to be.

Yes, he missed a bunch of regular season games, but when it came playoff time, he was one of the very few Preds that delivered every night.

The young defensemen could not elevate thier games, and most of our offensive big guns did not perform for one reason or another. Bash the Preds all you want, we deserve it.

But Peter Forsberg does not, and it's been a priviledge to watch him play in a Predator uniform.

Nordic* 04-20-2007 10:57 PM

The number-21 who you saw during these weeks in Nashville isnīt Peter Forsberg, itīs some hack who shouldīve retired long ago.

Canīt believe how worthless he was tonight, and he only had one good game all series.

jphil 04-20-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilros (Post 9015913)
The number-21 who you saw during these weeks in Nashville isnīt Peter Forsberg, itīs some hack who shouldīve retired long ago.

Canīt believe how worthless he was tonight, and he only had one good game all series.

ok?:loony:

barrytrotzsneck 04-20-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphil (Post 9015944)

Pretty much.

Nordic* 04-20-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphil (Post 9015944)

Guess you didnīt see him during his peak, heīs nothing now compared to back then.

Really sad to see..

jphil 04-20-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilros (Post 9015982)
Guess you didnīt see him during his peak, heīs nothing now compared to back then.

Really sad to see..

Yea i saw him back in his peak but still today he is better than 85-90% of the players in the league

ChuckyToGally 04-20-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphil (Post 9016013)
Yea i saw him back in his peak but still today he is better than 85-90% of the players in the league

I have to disagree here.

He's not the dominant player he was. He has a lot of injury problems. The guy should retire before he does a John LeClair of himself.

triggrman 04-21-2007 12:14 AM

Forsberg was one of our best most consistant players in this series, in fact he
weber, Radulov and dumont were the only to show up.

avalanche_country 04-21-2007 12:20 AM

still averaging 1 point a game and he should retire ? trotz had bad line combo's IMO.

if not for forsberg assist tonite you would not have had a chance in the end to tie

triggrman 04-21-2007 12:21 AM

Trotz didn't do anything right

Nordic* 04-21-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avalanche_country (Post 9016747)
still averaging 1 point a game and he should retire ? trotz had bad line combo's IMO.

if not for forsberg assist tonite you would not have had a chance in the end to tie

The assist was the one and only thing he did right tonight.

And like I said, regardless of his performances compared to the rest ofthe team, he was only (really) good in one game in this series.

Then again, people tend to measure him after a different standard than the rest.

Heīs lost his step, speed, acceleration & balance, and with this his ability to keep the puck in his posession gets hindered.

It almost looks like heīs playing golf teeing up without moving.

Itīs so sad that some players donīt have the sense to retire before they become has-beens.

Crazyhorse 04-21-2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

That's a ridiculous comment.

You have this urge of comparing him with the past, all the time...

Everybody knows that he is on a downfall, no question about that, but he did show up. To bad Kariya didn't, there you could talk about a playoff-choke.

Jarnberg 04-21-2007 01:25 AM

Forsberg was awesome for us. No, he isn't what he once was, but he was still a great player. I love the fact that I got to see him lace up for my team. He was a treat to watch.

I still think its a great trade.

Bam Beet* 04-21-2007 01:26 AM

Good or bad, after getting Ousted in the first round, and winning 1 playoff game.......it wasnt worth what was given up for him. Not by a long shot. You could have won 1 playoff game without Foppa, and giving up the farm.

Joe T Choker 04-21-2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 9017141)
Forsberg was awesome for us. No, he isn't what he once was, but he was still a great player. I love the fact that I got to see him lace up for my team. He was a treat to watch.

I still think its a great trade.

something we agree on ... he was awesome to watch and I hope we have a hope in hell of signing him but let Kariya walk

Jarnberg 04-21-2007 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottom Line (Post 9017151)
Good or bad, after getting Ousted in the first round, and winning 1 playoff game.......it wasnt worth what was given up for him. Not by a long shot. You could have won 1 playoff game without Foppa, and giving up the farm.

We gave up the farm? Enlighten us Predators fans on that one.

SmokeyClause 04-21-2007 06:59 AM

If Preds fans could have gone back in time, I think the wise ones would have still gladly traded for Forsberg. There are a few things that would have been done different. Some would have canned Trotz during our late season swoon. Others would have looked to address the loss of Sullivan. Still others would have attempted to actually beef up our blueline. But it's difficult to look at the Forsberg trade and be disappointed for what we gave up. Hardly. Preds fans are disappointed with the Forsberg trade for what we pissed away. A great chance to win the Cup spoiled.

Jarnberg 04-21-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause (Post 9017985)
Hardly. Preds fans are disappointed with the Forsberg trade for what we pissed away. A great chance to win the Cup spoiled.

Exactly. We'll be lucky if we ever had another guy like him on our team. The sad thing is, he looked like he cared more then guys who have been on this much longer than a few months...

predhead1 04-21-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 9018784)
Exactly. We'll be lucky if we ever had another guy like him on our team. The sad thing is, he looked like he cared more then guys who have been on this much longer than a few months...

You're exactly right. That's why I'm not sure if it's Trotz's fault that this team doesn't play with passion or if it's just any indication of the character of the players. Forsberg played with more heart than any except maybe Radulov.

the other thing this underscores, in my mind at least, is that Sullivan is the heart of this team. Timonen wears the C, but Sullivan might be the only leader that team has - too bad he was unavailable again.

Teal392511 04-21-2007 11:38 AM

Although he can't be double shifted anymore and doesn't create in transition like he used to, the fact that he can create with a split second of indecision by the D or just a sliver of space still made him very dangerous throughout the series.

It was obvious that he didn't get his foot problems solved during this season however. I wonder if surgery on his other ankle like he had planned for last off season would help for next season. Or perhaps the boot makers will come up with one design that'll work for him. I think he can still be a top-10 player if he can get these issues sorted, although you'd think that's unlikely that he'll be skating circles around the opposition at any time.

How much would you resign him for? I'd say if he took 4-4.5M then he'd be worth bringing back, with plenty of medical opinions of course.

jfc64 04-21-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

He didn't even say he was worthless as he use to :)

jfc64 04-21-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 (Post 9016091)
I have to disagree here.

He's not the dominant player he was. He has a lot of injury problems. The guy should retire before he does a John LeClair of himself.

His downside (if injured id) Selke Trophy