HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Islanders that need to be traded. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37261)

Isles4cups 12-19-2003 10:58 AM

Islanders that need to be traded.

I was at the Ises Rangers game last night and boy some of these guys should be in the minors or traded. Since this is a trade forum here is who should go.
1st. Kvasha-why because he doesn't use his size and oh yeah he sucks. No way should he be on the 1st line on any NHL team.
2nd. Parrish-for the money he makes. I like the Isles youth alot more.
3rd. Peca-Never the same after tucker hit way overpaid and if he can't show up last night then when?
4th-And most important - Mike Milbury enough with this a$$. I haven't met one Isles fan that even likes him or what he has done or not done. Plus I met him and he is a real jerk.

Bottom line GET YASHIN A WINGER WHO CAN SCORE !!!

:handclap: :rolly: :rolly: :handclap:

thestonedkoala 12-19-2003 11:12 AM

O'Sullivan ;) Gaborik ;) Dupuis ;)

officeglen 12-19-2003 12:15 PM

1. Santa - Great size, pretty much unmovable in front of the net most of the year, and he can deliver.
2. Rudolph - gets the red light on, only requires food, no $.
3. Well Santa will do not it here, as he wouldn't have shown up last night either. So what the Dickens, let's go with the Ghost of Peca Past. Not a real impact player, since players can skate right through him, but likewise impossible to check and flies like the wind.
4. Scrooge - tough on contracts, no more silly Yashin deals, but maybe a little easy now on the young rookies.

To arrange a trade, please contact the team up north.

Leaf_Crazy 12-19-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles4cups
3rd. Peca-Never the same after tucker hit way overpaid and if he can't show up last night then when?

Uhhm... Peca played awesome last night, he had many great chances that he created himself.

IslesFan17 12-19-2003 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
Uhhm... Peca played awesome last night, he had many great chances that he created himself.

You think he played awesome against the Rangers? :confused:

Darth Milbury 12-19-2003 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
1. Santa - Great size, pretty much unmovable in front of the net most of the year, and he can deliver.
3. Well Santa will do not it here, as he wouldn't have shown up last night either. So what the Dickens, let's go with the Ghost of Peca Past. Not a real impact player, since players can skate right through him, but likewise impossible to check and flies like the wind.
4. Scrooge - tough on contracts, no more silly Yashin deals, but maybe a little easy now on the young rookies.

:lol:

_Del_ 12-19-2003 01:36 PM

Quote:

Lou is already doing a great job in New Jersey, and I doubt ownership is going to let him go anytime soon...

Mad Mike 12-19-2003 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy

ya he did :yo:

AgentOrange* 12-19-2003 01:44 PM

The Isles have had the same need for over 2 years now. A #1 winger for Yashin and a crease clearing dman (upgrade over Cairns). Other GM's can fulfill their team needs what is taking MM so long. *rolleyes*

Ok, here are the Isles I think need to be traded/packaged or even just dumped (if it helps to bring back those 2 needs then even better).

Cairns, liability defensively simply put. He doesnt even hit that much or clear the net. How many dman are enforcers in the NHL? The Isles are fine with Godard and the others.

Parrish, if this player took his beatings infront of the net so much, then he should have alot more goals. Still early with Hunter, but IMO he is well on his way and has already replaced him. Parrish is overpaid for his inconsistency.

Timmander, see salary.

Either Hamrlik or Niinimaa. KJ doesnt have much value. Aucoin is a keeper. Hamrlik although I think is money in the bank most of the time, he can be moved because of his value and contract status. Niiminaa, he hasnt done anything since he's been here. I'd trade him straight up back to the Oilers for Torres.

Basically the Isles have 4 dman roughly all in the same mode. I'd like to see one of the two I mentioned traded and replaced with that crease clearing dman who can be placed in the top 4.

Next up: Chow.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-19-2003 02:06 PM

Quote:

Glen Sather has already gone on record saying he will outbid anyone for Santa.

IslesJack 12-19-2003 03:09 PM

Quote:

I was at the Ises Rangers game last night and boy some of these guys should be in the minors or traded. Since this is a trade forum here is who should go.

4th-And most important - Mike Milbury enough with this a$$. I haven't met one Isles fan that even likes him or what he has done or not done. Plus I met him and he is a real jerk.

I am a die hard Islanders fan that likes Milbury and things he has done and I can find many kids in school who like Milbury too!

Leaf_Crazy 12-19-2003 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesFan17

Yes, he didnt convert many of his chances but the Mark of a good player is getting the chances.. soon he will start putting them in... Maybe he does need to be traded to get a kick in the ass.. but from what i saw he was great.

Darth Milbury 12-19-2003 03:50 PM

Quote:

I think we need to get Yashin's winger a center who can score.

IslesFan17 12-19-2003 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I think we need to get Yashin's winger a center who can score.

I think we should get a new top line :teach:

Trottier 12-19-2003 04:08 PM

1st. Kvasha-why because he doesn't use his size and oh yeah he sucks. He played a solid game last night. No way should he be on the 1st line on any NHL team.True.
2nd. Parrish-for the money he makes. I like the Isles youth alot more.Twenty-six isn't young? :confused:
3rd. Peca-Never the same after tucker hit way overpaid and if he can't show up last night then when? What game were you watching?

Bottom line GET YASHIN A WINGER WHO CAN SCORE !!! Better yet, get a Yashin who can score.

Trottier 12-19-2003 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
Hey Trotts and Darth how about getting someone on Yashin's line who could at least tempt a d-man into covering him so Yashin doesn't have 2 d-men hugging on each of his legs...

Been singing that song since October 2001: Doesn't even have to be a name star, though that would be nice. A puck carrier with wheels, offensive instincts (not necessarily great numbers) and defensive responsibility. Instead you have a guy who would be a solid third-line center (big, fast, defensively responsible, can't finish :p ) on LW and a guy who simply vanishes in physical games like last night on RW.

What a waste to go out and get Yashin and Peca and assemble a solid d corp...and do nothing more.

Alfie#11 12-19-2003 07:05 PM

Quote:

The problem isn't Yashin's wingers, it's the man himself.

In Ottawa, he played with Dackell and McEachern. Not exactly all stars. The only thing exceptional about those players was the defensive play of Dackell (letting Yash forget about defence) and the speed of McEachern (stretching the defence). You can't tell me the Isles don't have players of that calibre.

Yashin is a one man line. He hogs the puck and has a great shot. He can make some great passes but most of Yashin's assists (and McEacherns goals) came off of Yashin rebounds. He doesn't need a scoring winger. He is the scorer on any line that he's on.

Further proof Yashin is the problem and not the team? His own statistical history. Playing with Dackell and McEachern on a very trap oriented Sens team he was over a point a game. That was putting up points when the team should have dragged down his stats. His first year on the Islanders, with much the same players that he has now, he put up not quite a point a game (after a year long layoff).

The problem with Yashin is Yashin. He's done better in the same or worse situation before.

DaMick 12-19-2003 08:20 PM

Quote:

umm.. yeah..Peca actually played a good game... :handclap:

in regards to the other posts...

Yeah Yashin needs to score though as of late he has played somewhat inspired... :dunno:

now Chow..kvasha...parrish are totally complete different stories... :mad:

Isles4cups 12-19-2003 08:38 PM

I was there !!!

3rd. Peca-Never the same after tucker hit way overpaid and if he can't show up last night then when? What game were you watching?

After the first hit he was a ghost. Are you aware of what kind of money he makes? He doesn't hit,score or play like he used to. Ship him out now!!! I am feed up with him and throw in Kvasha that PIG. He hits nothing with that frame. Yashin needs a fast winger who can convert.
:rant: :madfire: :rant:

CREW99AW 12-20-2003 03:42 AM

Isles are leery of upsetting chemistry again.

Today's Newsday-

But the team's recent 4-0-0-1 run that was halted by the Rangers is what motivated the hands-off approach. A person with knowledge of the situation said it wasn't a question of the organization being satisfied with the roster, but rather hesitation to make a personnel move when things were going well.

IslesFan17 12-20-2003 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfie#11
The problem isn't Yashin's wingers, it's the man himself.

In Ottawa, he played with Dackell and McEachern. Not exactly all stars. The only thing exceptional about those players was the defensive play of Dackell (letting Yash forget about defence) and the speed of McEachern (stretching the defence). You can't tell me the Isles don't have players of that calibre.

Yashin is a one man line. He hogs the puck and has a great shot. He can make some great passes but most of Yashin's assists (and McEacherns goals) came off of Yashin rebounds. He doesn't need a scoring winger. He is the scorer on any line that he's on.

Further proof Yashin is the problem and not the team? His own statistical history. Playing with Dackell and McEachern on a very trap oriented Sens team he was over a point a game. That was putting up points when the team should have dragged down his stats. His first year on the Islanders, with much the same players that he has now, he put up not quite a point a game (after a year long layoff).

The problem with Yashin is Yashin. He's done better in the same or worse situation before.

But the problem is, I'm sure McEachern and Dackell got him the puck for scoring chances.....alot. The Islanders don't have any playmakers, it's very difficult for Yashin to get a good scoring chance without one.

I'm sure effort plays a good part in his disappointing stats, but the guy's game has had to change with the isles. Everytime he's got the puck he's starting from behind the opposition's net. He doesn't have those good forechecking speedy wingers that make up for Yashin's lack of speed.

officeglen 12-20-2003 06:51 AM

Quote:

The Islanders don't have any playmakers, it's very difficult for Yashin to get a good scoring chance without one.

He doesn't need playmakers, he needs puck obtainers - they obtain the puck (via speed, checking ability, positioning etc.), feed to Yashin, who will then set up his shot from anywhere (some hopeless), and, if not a goal, then the puck obtainers need to retrieve the puck, and dish it back to Yashin to repeat process. The puck obtainers do not need to be gifted scorers themselves (in fact that hurts since Yashin wants to score himself), nor the best passers, since Yashin will move to open ice around the boards to be dumped the puck. Puck obtainers also help Yashin in his defensive game, as they are good defensive players by the style they play.