HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Your 2007 - 2008 Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=372645)

Radulov for Czar* 04-21-2007 12:17 AM

Your 2007 - 2008 Nashville Predators

Head Coach - Claude Noel

Steve Sullivan - Daniel Briere - Martin Erat
JP Dumont - Jason Arnott - Alexander Radulov
Scott Hartnell - David Legwand - Vernon Fiddler
Darcy Hordichuk - Scott Nichol - Jared Smithson

Shea Weber - Scott Hannan
Ryan Suter - Kevin Klein
Greg Zanon - Dan Hamhuis

Tomas Vokoun
Chris Mason

I would like to pick up a better 3rd line RW but not sure how much money we would have left after signing Briere. Hurts to see Kariya and Timonen go (I wish we could drop Zids).

barrytrotzsneck 04-21-2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey (Post 9016725)
Head Coach - Claude Noel

Steve Sullivan - Daniel Briere - Martin Erat
JP Dumont - Jason Arnott - Alexander Radulov
Scott Hartnell - Michal Handzus - Vernon Fiddler
Darcy Hordichuk - Scott Nichol - Jared Smithson

Shea Weber - Dan Hamhuis
Ryan Suter - Kevin Klein
Greg Zanon - Marek Zidlicky

Tomas Vokoun
Chris Mason

I would like to pick up a better 3rd line RW but not sure how much money we would have left after signing Briere. Hurts to see Kariya and Timonen go (I wish we could drop Zids).

That defense is a recipe for disaster. And where'd Legwand go?

And Briere is a great player...but we have bigger needs than "undersized center"

barrytrotzsneck 04-21-2007 12:22 AM

and...if we're going to replace trotz with Claude Noel, we might as well just keep Trotz.

They're similar coaches...but at least Trotz has experience.

Radulov for Czar* 04-21-2007 12:23 AM

I wouldn't mint Kulyash or Koistinen having a shot on D. Laakso in MIL with Franson too.

Radulov for Czar* 04-21-2007 12:24 AM

Edit. Legwand at 3rd line C. more money for a third line RW then.

barrytrotzsneck 04-21-2007 12:25 AM

If there's a name that I think we should pursue like we've never pursued anyone before...and this series illustrated it...

Scott Hannan. I think we're fine at forward if we retain one of Hartnell(preferably) or Kariya. Defense should have been addressed last summer, and should definitely be addressed this summer.

Offer Hannan 2 or 3 years at 5 per.

Joe T Choker 04-21-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 9016791)
If there's a name that I think we should pursue like we've never pursued anyone before...and this series illustrated it...

Scott Hannan. I think we're fine at forward if we retain one of Hartnell(preferably) or Kariya. Defense should have been addressed last summer, and should definitely be addressed this summer.

yup ... Hannan is very underrated ... I don't want anymore kids playing on the blue line unless we absolutely have to

Radulov for Czar* 04-21-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 9016791)

I added him before I even read your post.

triggrman 04-21-2007 12:28 AM

We've got to get rid of Zids, he's horrible now.

barrytrotzsneck 04-21-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 9016819)
We've got to get rid of Zids, he's horrible now.

I agree. I think he was better in the playoffs than he's been...all year...but the salary could just go somewhere much better. I'd offer Timonen a one year deal at 3.5 million...and let him take it or leave it. I don't see him being worth near the 5 million dollars he's rumored to be asking for. That's number 1 dman money, and I don't think he's that, anymore. He's lost a step in terms of speed, he gets exposed defensively against bigger\stronger teams, and the points alone don't make him worth that much...especially with the emergence of Weber on the PP.

Cocomero* 04-21-2007 12:33 AM

Pyatts gonna be asking for 1.5-2mil. If the canucks don't re-sign him, would you go after him?

Joe T Choker 04-21-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 9016835)
I agree. I think he was better in the playoffs than he's been...all year...but the salary could just go somewhere much better. I'd offer Timonen a one year deal at 3.5 million...and let him take it or leave it. I don't see him being worth near the 5 million dollars he's rumored to be asking for. That's number 1 dman money, and I don't think he's that, anymore. He's lost a step in terms of speed, he gets exposed defensively against bigger\stronger teams, and the points alone don't make him worth that much...especially with the emergence of Weber on the PP.

Hell ... even Suter & Hamhuis are better puck movers on the Power Play

Predshockey17 04-21-2007 12:35 AM

Is Trotz thinking of leaving, or did I miss that?

triggrman 04-21-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 9016835)

Weber, Hamhuis and Suter are the keys to our defense, but we need more physical play.

triggrman 04-21-2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predshockey17 (Post 9016861)
Is Trotz thinking of leaving, or did I miss that?

He doesn't have a contract right now, and most are hoping to see someone new that will actually attack all year not just until the All-Star break.

veronesepk 04-21-2007 12:37 AM

Anybody else see us getting in the Briere/Gomez/Drury sweepstakes?

Radulov for Czar* 04-21-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuckie (Post 9016847)
Pyatts gonna be asking for 1.5-2mil. If the canucks don't re-sign him, would you go after him?

wouldn't mind having him on the 3rd line (would move Fiddler to the 4th and Hordi as a scratch).

Enoch 04-21-2007 12:38 AM

I would be really surprised if Mason is back with this team. The fact of the matter is this: He was the better goalie in the regular season (although I will give credit to Vokoun as being very good apart from game 4 in the playoffs.......). He deserves a chance as a starter, and I think he has to take it. Poile and Mason will likely meet, and I am very sure this issue will come up and their can only be one conclusion. If a reasonable offer is made, Mason will be traded.

Can we really have both Timonen AND Zidlicky on the same team. I say we cannot. We need a defenseman that is a legitimate shutdown guy that can play alongside Weber for 25-27 minutes a night. Conclusion: If we resign Timonen, Zidlicky and his 3.7 million salary HAS TO BE MOVED. Additionally is Timonen worth 4 million? 5 million? I'm not so sure that he is. He isn't as good as Gonchar offensively, and he definitely has holes in his defensive game. I like the guy, but history has shown that he wears down at the end of the season.

Radulov makes Kariya expendable. The playoff no show hurts Kariya's desire for a raise. That said, if resigning Kariya nets us Forsberg - you do it EVEN if it means Hartnell is gone.

Hartnell is going to leave. Poile's biggest mistake as a GM was to not pony up for Hartnell when he had the leverage. Scotty had another decent year on the 3rd line ........ his skillset is a rarity and someone is going to overpay for him. Its unavoidable.

Forsberg - we loved you, we wish you could stay.........but does anyone see us resigning him after the way we went out this year? I can't.........I suspect he will be back with the Avalanche next year.

Joe T Choker 04-21-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veronesepk (Post 9016876)

nope

Radulov for Czar* 04-21-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veronesepk (Post 9016876)

We need a center. Unless you see Arnott on the top line, Leggy on the second, and someone like Handzus would be a possibility, but I want someone to fly with Erat and Sullivan. A guy like Drury is clutch, but I see Buffalo keeping him over Briere.

triggrman 04-21-2007 12:40 AM

Sullivan health is a huge issue.

Radulov for Czar* 04-21-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 9016886)
I would be really surprised if Mason is back with this team. The fact of the matter is this: He was the better goalie in the regular season (although I will give credit to Vokoun as being very good apart from game 4 in the playoffs.......). He deserves a chance as a starter, and I think he has to take it. Poile and Mason will likely meet, and I am very sure this issue will come up and their can only be one conclusion. If a reasonable offer is made, Mason will be traded.

Can we really have both Timonen AND Zidlicky on the same team. I say we cannot. We need a defenseman that is a legitimate shutdown guy that can play alongside Weber for 25-27 minutes a night. Conclusion: If we resign Timonen, Zidlicky and his 3.7 million salary HAS TO BE MOVED. Additionally is Timonen worth 4 million? 5 million? I'm not so sure that he is. He isn't as good as Gonchar offensively, and he definitely has holes in his defensive game. I like the guy, but history has shown that he wears down at the end of the season.

Radulov makes Kariya expendable. The playoff no show hurts Kariya's desire for a raise. That said, if resigning Kariya nets us Forsberg - you do it EVEN if it means Hartnell is gone.

Hartnell is going to leave. Poile's biggest mistake as a GM was to not pony up for Hartnell when he had the leverage. Scotty had another decent year on the 3rd line ........ his skillset is a rarity and someone is going to overpay for him. Its unavoidable.

Forsberg - we loved you, we wish you could stay.........but does anyone see us resigning him after the way we went out this year? I can't.........I suspect he will be back with the Avalanche next year.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Mason as our starter, and sending Vokoun to Boston and pick up Thomas or Toivonen. I doubt Kariya stays, and doubt even more that Forsberg stays. I would like Hartnell to stay but wouldn't miss him too much if he left.

Zidlicky has to be gone. Send him to St. Louis (see if we can put a package together for Brad Boyes).

SC2008 04-21-2007 12:46 AM

If you guys sign Scott Hannan I will cry.

Jarnberg 04-21-2007 01:27 AM

I don't care what happens this offseason, as long as Scott Nichol is not on this team. He's a disgrace.

icandobetter 04-21-2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC2008 (Post 9016945)
If you guys sign Scott Hannan I will cry.

IF we win the cup this year, consider Hannan's career done as a shark.