HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How bad did the preds miss Sully? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=372952)

PapaBear* 04-21-2007 11:18 PM

How bad did the preds miss Sully?

Discuss. :) I think hes a very underrated great 2 way winger, that brings a lot of jump and spark to the team. Preds greatly missed him. :help:

Basher 04-22-2007 12:43 AM

Obviously, we missed his offense, and even penalty killing. But what hurt us most, was the fact (especially after Erat went out) that Tootoo/Fidder/Smithson/Abid/Hordichuk's roles were greatly increased.

barrytrotzsneck 04-22-2007 01:06 AM

I think we missed his heart most of all.

RaiderDoug 04-22-2007 10:21 AM

Im probably going to sound a bit like a whiner (not on the Joe Thornton/Ron Wilson) level though, but I think if we're fully healthy, we win the series.

Looking back at most of the games, yeah, we had some penatly trouble, and our young d-men made lots of mistakes, but honestly, I think we just didnt put them past a hot goalie enough.

Had we had Sully, a noted finisher, he would have scored on at least a few of those scoring chances, and maybe a few of those close games go our way, instead of SJ.

predhead1 04-22-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderDoug (Post 9029729)
Im probably going to sound a bit like a whiner (not on the Joe Thornton/Ron Wilson) level though, but I think if we're fully healthy, we win the series.

Looking back at most of the games, yeah, we had some penatly trouble, and our young d-men made lots of mistakes, but honestly, I think we just didnt put them past a hot goalie enough.

Had we had Sully, a noted finisher, he would have scored on at least a few of those scoring chances, and maybe a few of those close games go our way, instead of SJ.

Not to mention our PP is much different when Sully is out there, and he and Kariya seem to combine really well on the one-timers. but like nmk said, we missed his heart most.

barrytrotzsneck 04-22-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderDoug (Post 9029729)

I don't agree. Even fully healthy, we were outcoached and most of all outstrengthed. With Sullivan and a healthy Erat...maybe the series goes another game or two...but the better team won.

Nordic* 04-22-2007 12:47 PM

Before the Detroit - Calgary game last night, Calle Johansson (former nhl:er in Washington) was interviewing the Preds general manager via telephone in a live feed.

He said that Forsberg was the best player during the playoffs. He also said that he had no idea what Forsberg intended to do next season, but that heīd talk to him on monday when thereīs a meating with the rest ofthe team.

Personally I wouldnīt say he was the best, perhaps the least bad?:teach:

barrytrotzsneck 04-22-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilros (Post 9030755)
Before the Detroit - Calgary game last night, Calle Johansson (former nhl:er in Washington) was interviewing the Preds general manager via telephone in a live feed.

He said that Forsberg was the best player during the playoffs. He also said that he had no idea what Forsberg intended to do next season, but that heīd talk to him on monday when thereīs a meating with the rest ofthe team.

Personally I wouldnīt say he was the best, perhaps the least bad?:teach:

YOU wouldn't say he was the best, but you'll notice that despite all the ripping of the team we've done here...no one has trashed Forsberg but you. He played his heart out, he made his trademark passes...his team\linemates let him down.

I hope Poile truly does have an interest in bringing Forsberg back...just hearing that he does brightens my day...and I hope he wants to come back, even if it's just for one more year.

DrCrane 04-22-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Personally I wouldnīt say he was the best, perhaps the least bad?

:loony:

The vendetta continues eh!? I know he ripped your beloved Red Wings apart some years ago but you really should've gotten over it by now.

predperson 04-22-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 9030780)
YOU wouldn't say he was the best, but you'll notice that despite all the ripping of the team we've done here...no one has trashed Forsberg but you. He played his heart out, he made his trademark passes...his team\linemates let him down.

I hope Poile truly does have an interest in bringing Forsberg back...just hearing that he does brightens my day...and I hope he wants to come back, even if it's just for one more year.

Amen brother!
I sit in the second row (makes me feel like I'm in the game....almost. You miss some of how the plays develop and all but you really feel the game), and in that first playoff game, it struck me that I was really watching a master at work. That part was great....in fact, it's probably the thing I treasure most about this playoff run was getting to see "Peter the great" do his thing (wish it had been a longer run.)

Basher 04-22-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

He also said that he had no idea what Forsberg intended to do next season, but that heīd talk to him on monday when thereīs a meeting with the rest of the team.

Forsberg at Tin Roof last night, so I heard...he loves the Nashville night life, he'll give us another season of service ;)

triggrman 04-22-2007 04:43 PM

Just missed him. We were at Dan Guinesses

FunWithNothing 04-22-2007 04:43 PM

Sullivan has a history of not showing up in the playoffs, very much in the same manner as Kariya. If you really think he was the difference between a 4-1 series loss and a series victory, you have a lot to learn. Every team has injuries, that is a very a lame excuse for the loss.

barrytrotzsneck 04-22-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunWithNothing (Post 9034246)
Sullivan has a history of not showing up in the playoffs, very much in the same manner as Kariya. If you really think he was the difference between a 4-1 series loss and a series victory, you have a lot to learn. Every team has injuries, that is a very a lame excuse for the loss.

You don't say, fan of no team in particular?

Sullivan is our best player, and is the HEART of the team. To say his presence would have made "no difference" is just as "lame" as blaming his absence for the loss...not to mention laughably ignorant and arrogant.

vopatsrash 04-22-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher (Post 9034088)
Forsberg at Tin Roof last night, so I heard...he loves the Nashville night life, he'll give us another season of service ;)

I'm sure this will be its own highly debated thread, but since it has been referenced here, the public comments I've heard from Forsberg on the topic of next season were on the Darcy Hordichuk radio show when he said that he is pondering a) retiring, b) playing in Sweden next season, or c) returning to the NHL, in which Nashville would be at or near the top of the list. Granted, the Nashville at the top of the list part could be him just working the crowd at Blackstone, but I've rarely seen a player so forthcoming about potential retirement than Forsberg, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was just speaking his mind and Nashville is a high option for him (of course, Poile's decisions on Trotz and Kariya will have a bearing if Forsberg decides to play in the NHL).

I do think this is interesting.

"I will be here in Nashville until the middle of May, then we will see what happens."

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but he has no previous ties here and I would think if he hates it here, he'd be out of here as soon as the exit interviews are over, which you'd think would be Monday at the latest. Surely Yanic Perreault isn't so much of a ballbuster as a landlord that he's making him stay longer than he wants.

Nordic* 04-23-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrCrane (Post 9031362)
:loony:

The vendetta continues eh!? I know he ripped your beloved Red Wings apart some years ago but you really should've gotten over it by now.

:biglaugh:

When he was in Colorado I cheered for avalanche. Itīs no vendetta, simply the truth.

DrCrane 04-23-2007 12:51 PM

I believe you. :sarcasm: