HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Avery on TRL Monday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=373433)

abev 04-23-2007 11:29 AM

Avery on TRL Monday

Sean Avery will be on TRL on MTV today (monday). TRL begins at 330 but Avery's segment is scheduled to begin around 4pm.

Source from NYR's.com

JLHockeyKnight 04-23-2007 11:31 AM

I hope he calls everybody there a tool. That would make my millenium.

P.S. Calling them a tool is probably the worst thing he could say on MTV without getting fined.

Mistress Mandy 04-23-2007 11:38 AM

I never watch TRL. But I'll make an exception to this rule today.

dank 04-23-2007 11:41 AM

haha, brings back memories of HS, when TRL was just starting and kids would leave before school was over to go wait outside in Times Sq just to be on TV or meet their idols.. i never did that.. :sarcasm:

oh yeah, and requesting an online clip (youtube or what not) of this for anyone who can do it.. thanks

XploD 04-23-2007 12:27 PM

Yeah someone has to get this uploaded.

HenrikO'doyle 04-23-2007 12:41 PM

I will watch but please dont tell my friends or else I will be designated driver for a year. I can picture all the teeny boppers getting pushed away by Dancin Larry, Bobby Granger. And then Colton Orr and Perry Pearn show up and start laying beatings on people. Orr with the right, Pearn choking people with his tie. Btw, I hope he callls everyone there whiners.

HockeyBasedNYC 04-23-2007 12:41 PM

I hope that no crazy 11 year old Elisha Cuthbert fanatic stabs him or something.

nyranger61494 04-23-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 9044878)
I hope that no crazy 11 year old Elisha Cuthbert fanatic stabs him or something.

No one makes Sean Avery bleed his own blood. Nobody!

(Maybe they do, but he then wears it as a badge of honor-see Atlanta Series)

Evgeny Oliker 04-23-2007 01:14 PM

it would be funny if Avery did his own version of an Eminem song :yo:...like do a "My name is, my name is, my name is Sean Avery":sarcasm:

Jarkko Immonen 04-23-2007 01:20 PM

Hahahahaha this is going to be funny. First time I turn this show on since I was 12 and liked Limp Bizkit LOLOLOL.

Choice 04-23-2007 01:28 PM

Yeah really I wonder what kind of videos they are showing on there now. Haven't seen that show since the days of Backstreet Boys/Limp Bizkit. Not exactly the coolest thing in the world but we can all forgive Sean Avery...And maybe jojo will be there.

DutchShamrock 04-23-2007 01:31 PM

I can't watch TRL today because I'm not a 12 year old girl.

"So Sean, what's it like playing with Jerome Jagger?"

Ola 04-23-2007 01:32 PM

Whats TRL?

nyr2k2 04-23-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 9045557)
Whats TRL?

If you're being sarcastic, excuse my inability to pick up on that over the internet :).

TRL stands for Total Request Live, it's a show on MTV (Music Television) that has a top-10 list of songs that viewers vote on. Each day, the shows plays the top-10 music videos. They always have a celebrity or musician as a guest on the show. It gets a lot of flak since they don't even play the entire video half of the time, and it's focused at teeny-boppers now. Picture a bunch of annoying 15-year-old girls jumping up and down screaming when a Britney Spears video comes on, and you've got yourself TRL.

Ola 04-23-2007 02:04 PM

Thanks nyr2k2, just never gets around to watch MTV.

nyr2k2 04-23-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 9045921)
Thanks nyr2k2, just never gets around to watch MTV.

I can't blame you man, I used to watch that channel when I was 13 or 14 and rarely turn it on now. Too much "entertainment" and no actual music. I'll turn on MTV2 for some rock music every once in a while, but that's the extent of it. I hate that channel :).

dank 04-23-2007 02:47 PM

im watching it right now.. blast from the freakin' past man.. weeeird..

the Justin Timberlake video for "What goes Around Comes Around" was just on, and i think i remembered someone saying that the song is actually about Sean Avery.

i looked it up and i got this:

Quote:

The song is actually written about Elisha Cuthbert who broke off her engagement to Justin's bestfriend Trace Ayala and started dating hockey player Sean Avery of the LA Kings.
http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/759701.html

and here:

Quote:

Despite the familiar topic, Timberlake has stated that, unlike "Cry Me a River", "What Goes Around..." isn't about his former girlfriend Britney Spears.[1] Indeed, popular rumor suggests that "What Goes Around..." is about Timberlake's lifelong friend Trace Ayala and his relationship with Elisha Cuthbert. Cuthbert apparently cheated on Ayala with hockey player Sean Avery, which caused them to break off their engagement.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Go.....Comes_Around

it was number 7 on the countdown..

haha.. Sean Avery, my hero in more ways than one..

hlundqvist30* 04-23-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 9046285)
I can't blame you man, I used to watch that channel when I was 13 or 14 and rarely turn it on now. Too much "entertainment" and no actual music. I'll turn on MTV2 for some rock music every once in a while, but that's the extent of it. I hate that channel :).

Are you serious? Who doesn't want to watch Nick Cannon pretend he is good at something, or obnoxious 16 year old girls scream at their parents for getting them a blue ferrari instead of a white one. What quality tv.

I can just picture it now...

"Sean, how do you feel about Ashlee Simpson's new music video?"

"I think she should stop slitting her wrists and do us all a favor and jump off of a cliff."

dank 04-23-2007 02:51 PM

they don't even play the whole video, this "Music" Television station has lost its focus..

bring on Sean Avery!

BDubinskyNYR17* 04-23-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 9046285)

I watch Fuse for my music, MTV and VH1 are all reality crap :rant: I wish they would show more music.

Staggarelli 04-23-2007 02:58 PM

The Tube is the best music channel, period. End of discussion.

HenrikO'doyle 04-23-2007 02:59 PM

I dont watch tv for music I rely on underground music and word of mouth. Anyways I cant believe Im watching this **** right now. If anyone comes in and sees me watching Avril Lavigne....uggh God I remember I watched this hoping nookie would get #1 on the show. wow thankfully I woke up one morning.

danno2530 04-23-2007 03:00 PM

Holy crap I haven't seen TRL in years. Don't they replay it later at night? Hopefully I can catch it then.

HenrikO'doyle 04-23-2007 03:02 PM

Wow people watch this. They should be sued for putting music on their name. Anyways get these fat chicks off and put on Avery. Allright is this a joke because its not cool if I had to tune into this.

hlundqvist30* 04-23-2007 03:02 PM

enough of these ugly 18 year olds and their moms, I want Sean!