HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   5,6,7,8?How far do we depreciate!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37398)

RattledSABRE 12-20-2003 03:37 AM

5,6,7,8?How far do we depreciate!!

Well not like I want to say I told you so,unfortunately I wish I were wrong but before the Pitt game I said this season was over and that is now officially true.This ship has no captain for all intents and purpose and we are taking on water fast.With nobody stepping up to show any guts out there this will only get worse.The humiliation will be even worse when they stink out the joint Vs. Caps/Canes in the last 4 of the year.How long does Tom wait to do something?Or is Larry going to be the brains behind this lame duck campaign.Perhaps a 10 gamer will be enough for them to pull their heads out of the sand and make a move,whether it be front office or on the ice.So long playoffs,hello draft talk.Can't wait for the Ovechkin talk to heat up!!Yawn.

V for Voodoo 12-20-2003 04:43 AM

9-10-12-13, your use of rhymes is quite obscene

TVanek26* 12-20-2003 07:24 AM

This is ridiculous.Fire Ruff for Christ Sakes!His defensive system prevents scoring goals but it doesn't really prevent stopping them either.If you want to run a defensive system, run the left wing lock or trap.

SabresRule 12-20-2003 08:20 AM

NO TRAP.that kills hockey.

his a perfectly able coach who cannot communicate with his players anymore. cannot motivate them.

Takeo 12-20-2003 08:28 AM

One positive in this mess is that we do finally have some direction. We haven't obtained our well-documented goal of making the playoffs this season so now let's turn to the future and rebuild around players like Drury, Briere, Pyatt, Roy, Miller, etc. They haven't been performing up to standards lately but that's a nice unit to work around IMHO. Toss Vanek into the mix after the CBA and let's see what happens. My point is that we no longer have to debate whether we need a top-6 winger or top-4 d-man for Satan or a RH replacement for Zhitnik... We can now take on youth and high picks and don't need to consider the playoffs mandate as a constricting negotiating factor! It's time to move Zhitnik, Brown, Satan, Delmore, Campbell, Boulton, etc. for youth and draft picks. Out with the old and in with the new! A return similar to the Comrie return would be perfect for Miro IMO! At this juncture, I would take Woywitka and 2 picks in a heartbeat! Unfortunetly, I believe Regier will stay the course until the trade deadline because that is when his players will be of most value, whether that be because contenders indentify missing pieces or because salaries have been paid all year. But be patient til then and look to the future. I have confidence that Regier will make prudent moves, as usual, when the time is right. There's no saving this season now so accept it and look to the next.

djhn579 12-20-2003 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21
One positive in this mess is that we do finally have some direction. We haven't obtained our well-documented goal of making the playoffs this season so now let's turn to the future and rebuild around players like Drury, Briere, Pyatt, Roy, Miller, etc. They haven't been performing up to standards lately but that's a nice unit to work around IMHO. Toss Vanek into the mix after the CBA and let's see what happens. My point is that we no longer have to debate whether we need a top-6 winger or top-4 d-man for Satan or a RH replacement for Zhitnik... We can now take on youth and high picks and don't need to consider the playoffs mandate as a constricting negotiating factor! It's time to move Zhitnik, Brown, Satan, Delmore, Campbell, Boulton, etc. for youth and draft picks. Out with the old and in with the new! A return similar to the Comrie return would be perfect for Miro IMO! At this juncture, I would take Woywitka and 2 picks in a heartbeat! Unfortunetly, I believe Regier will stay the course until the trade deadline because that is when his players will be of most value, whether that be because contenders indentify missing pieces or because salaries have been paid all year. But be patient til then and look to the future. I have confidence that Regier will make prudent moves, as usual, when the time is right. There's no saving this season now so accept it and look to the next.

I agree with most of what you said, I'm just concerned that we are already one of the youngest teams right now, and Regier is the one responsible for bringing in a lot of the soft players we have today...

RattledSABRE 12-20-2003 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21

I also share your opinion,as you could tell by the first post,and now isn't the best time for a plan of action.I just hope they don't get false hope by a 2 or 3 game winning streak because that will just take them further away from that pick (Ovechkin) that we need.Satan will need to pick up his game though so that we can get full value for him at the deadline.Z could betraded now as I don't think he can play any better than he is now but alas his value may be more to a contending club at the deadline.Well at least the young guys should get solid looks in the new year.

Takeo 12-21-2003 07:39 AM

Ruff on Saturday often used the words "fragile" and "afraid" in describing his team's recent performances. The mounting losses have developed a defeatist mind-set.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20031221/1004476.asp

I'd store this comment in the "not good" category.

Takeo 12-21-2003 07:48 AM

Since Regier was hired, name the only player acquired during an in-season trade before February:
It's Vladimir Tsyplakov, of course, on Jan. 23, 2000.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20031221/101012957.asp

This one too.

BG43 12-21-2003 03:30 PM

Well.. I've missed these last few games and I can't say I'm too upset over that. It's unbelievable how this team always finds a way to lose. The season started off so promising. The Sabres were up and down.. a couple games over 500 and sometimes right at 500 but they always manage to find away to slip away to make life difficult on themselves. Now, they are so behind that even stringing a couple wins together wouldn't do much in the overall scheme of things. This gets to be really frustrating after a while. You just know that they will have a great second half of the season and come oh so close to making the playoffs but these games here is what will hurt them. In the end we'll probably miss the playoffs and we won't get into a good position for the draft. This team needs to realize that these games early in the season are just as important as those in the second half. A solid 60 minute effort is all it takes. These 1 goal losses sure do suck. Somebody needs to score a goal in those tight games and a goalie needs to step up and steal a win or two to get this team back on track. This is going to get really ugly really fast if they don't change their ways. Come on Buffalo.. don't ruin Christmas.. get a winning streak going!!!!!

Takeo 12-22-2003 10:57 AM

Portland should thank their lucky stars they don't have to watch this crap.