HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   12/20/03 GDT - Wings/Preds (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37413)

kira 12-20-2003 05:04 AM

12/20/03 GDT - Wings/Preds

Are we going to live up to previous second efforts and bite a big one, or are we going to step up and put the Preds in their proper place? You all know what a penchant we've had for being flat on the back side of two-nighters. We need to get out of that rut.

Will Cujo play tonight or will Manny? Depends on how Cujo feels I guess...how serious this flu is...

And will some Wings who were quiet last night get a little noisier tonight? You know who you are, boys.

How about a little Christmas cheer? GO WINGS!!! GO PAVEL!!!

crossxcheck 12-20-2003 06:25 AM

Go preds! :) I can't wait until tonite. It should be a good game. good luck.

kira 12-20-2003 06:59 AM

No disrespect intended here...I love the city of Nashville, and the people have been kind to me when I've been there...but you're going down tonight. Pasha and the boys are going to make some noise tonight that will be sweet music for Motown, but sour notes for you.

Sorry! ;)

crossxcheck 12-20-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kira
No disrespect intended here...I love the city of Nashville, and the people have been kind to me when I've been there...but you're going down tonight. Pasha and the boys are going to make some noise tonight that will be sweet music for Motown, but sour notes for you.

Sorry! ;)

We did have 4 uncontested goals against you in detroit last time we played the wings :D I'm making no predictions, but we could pull it off. we'll see. either way it will be a good game. :yo:

PigPen 12-20-2003 07:45 AM

The wings aren't going to forget those 2 losses earlier this season.
Detroit wins this 4-1.

There's much more than just pride on the line here. We're playing for the divison and the top spot in the NHL. St. Louis plays tonight (do these guys ever have any back to back games?!!) and they're once again, only a few points behind us and are still 6 games behind us, and they haven't lost a single game this month. Lets hope they start slumping to create some space between us and them.

zetterberg40 12-20-2003 08:16 AM

im gonna say:

6-2 detroit

Det: zetterberg, shanahan, datsyuk(2), lidstrom, yzerman
nash: hartnell, legwand

Kukla 12-20-2003 09:43 AM

[ St. Louis plays tonight (do these guys ever have any back to back games?!!) and they're once again, only a few points behind us and are still 6 games behind us, and they haven't lost a single game this month. Lets hope they start slumping to create some space between us and them.[/QUOTE]

FYI, Wings have four back to back games left, Blues have to play 11.

crossxcheck 12-20-2003 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
im gonna say:

6-2 detroit

Det: zetterberg, shanahan, datsyuk(2), lidstrom, yzerman
nash: hartnell, legwand

hartnell will likely not play due to a sprained anke sustained against vancouver and legwand is in such a slump he'll be non existant. If vokoun allows 6 goals, I'll cry :cry:

Vyacheslav 12-20-2003 02:57 PM

I'm gonna say Wings 4 Nashville 3

Vyacheslav 12-20-2003 03:14 PM

Is the game on tv? I can't find it on espn, espn2, fsd, or even UPN 50.

guinness 12-20-2003 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyacheslav
Is the game on tv? I can't find it on espn, espn2, fsd, or even UPN 50.

It's on channel 2 (regular FOX)

Vyacheslav 12-20-2003 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinness
It's on channel 2 (regular FOX)

Damnit I missed almost the whole game! Why would they put it on regular fox, I've never seen that before.

What's up with the camera? It looks like it's being filmed with a camcorder or something.

Mr. Pessimist 12-20-2003 05:27 PM

Meh, I thought this was a pretty boring game overall. A lot of hooking and holding.

What is it about Nashville? I mean, I know they play harder against better teams, but we should be able to win... 0-3 now.

Vyacheslav 12-20-2003 05:30 PM

I tuned in just in time to see Nashville score. Yippee.

PigPen 12-20-2003 05:45 PM

I absolutely hate games like this.

The game was so slow it's not even funny.
Whoopee. Nashville ices it.
Hooray. Detroit goes offsides.
Yahoo. Yzerman gets crosschecked by some random hack who shouldn't even be in the NHL.
Yay. Schneider slashes somebody on Nashville.
Hot dog. Hamhuis scores.

Now I'm off to listen to watch the ren and stimpy "happy happy joy joy" clip.

Winger98 12-20-2003 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PigPen
I absolutely hate games like this.

The game was so slow it's not even funny.
Whoopee. Nashville ices it.
Hooray. Detroit goes offsides.
Yahoo. Yzerman gets crosschecked by some random hack who shouldn't even be in the NHL.
Yay. Schneider slashes somebody on Nashville.
Hot dog. Hamhuis scores.

Now I'm off to listen to watch the ren and stimpy "happy happy joy joy" clip.

you echoed my thoughts exactly. And did you notice Redmond teeing off on it the whole game?

:bow: :yo: :bow:

I have a feeling it's Mick's last year in the booth and he's letting his feelings be known before he hangs up his mic.

crossxcheck 12-20-2003 07:15 PM

Quote:

Yzerman gets crosschecked by some random hack who shouldn't even be in the NHL.

Just because we don't have the highest payroll doesn't mean our players don't deserve to be in the NHL. Seems to me those random hacks have been getting the job done against your wings. :D :D

Why won't you admit you got beat and quit making up excuses? Obviously you're team has more "talent" but that gives you no right to be so arrogant about it.

Anyway, cujo played a good game and so did vokoun.

barrytrotzsneck 12-20-2003 07:40 PM

there's a reason i had pigpen on my ignore list for so long. back on he goes.

"nashville sucks, the red wings are bigger than jesus, let's contract blah blah blah"

anyway, ignoring the sorry-sport, i hope this continues to fuel the minor rivalry we've got going. i agree with crossxcheck that cujo played a solid game. hull\shanny\datsyuk looked great. really, the only flaw i noticed fr detroit was defensively, some rookie mistakes were shining through in guys like kronwall.

good game, those of you with class.

Shoalzie 12-20-2003 10:13 PM

This year's Giguere to the Red Wings...Tomas Vokoun. We better not play him this year in the postseason because I'm getting a bad feeling about him. :eek:

PigPen 12-20-2003 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Just because we don't have the highest payroll doesn't mean our players don't deserve to be in the NHL. Seems to me those random hacks have been getting the job done against your wings. :D :D

Why won't you admit you got beat and quit making up excuses? Obviously you're team has more "talent" but that gives you no right to be so arrogant about it.

Anyway, cujo played a good game and so did vokoun.

I'm not cracking on Nashville for having a low payroll. I should have been more specific.
Guys like McKenzie and Stevenson and Mark eaton. These are the guys I can't stand to watch play regular shifts in the NHL.
Players like Tootoo I actually like, but man...it just pisses me off seeing a guy like Eaton or Stevenson taking runs at players of Dandeneault and Devereaux's ilk.

btw, it's time that Lewis sends Bootland down so he can get a regular shift on G.R.
Hell, if we're going to play somebody 3 minutes a game it might as well be Ryan Barnes.

SmokeyClause 12-20-2003 11:28 PM

Quote:

Guys like McKenzie and Stevenson and Mark eaton. These are the guys I can't stand to watch play regular shifts in the NHL.

I can semi-understand guys like Stevenson and McKenzie though both saw time with teams that went deeper than the Wings into the playoffs. I think they are both borderline NHLers. But don't be foolish and include Eaton. Eaton was as solid as any defenseman on the ice (for either team) and has been the Predators best defenseman from almost day one of the season. Eaton is a solid, two-way Dman. He is hardly a hack. And Eaton didn't take runs at Dandy or Devs, players that he has been considerably better than.

triggrman 12-21-2003 04:05 AM

Little sissy arse Bootland afraid to drop 'em with Tootoo, even acted like he was going to drop the gloves and didn't, what a wus.

SmokeyClause 12-21-2003 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Little sissy arse Bootland afraid to drop 'em with Tootoo, even acted like he was going to drop the gloves and didn't, what a wus.

I was disappointed by Bootland bailing on that. They ought to give out minors for moves like that. He doesn't want anything to do with Tootoo, but it would have been a fun bout nonetheless.

crossxcheck 12-21-2003 06:37 AM

Quote:

I'm not cracking on Nashville for having a low payroll. I should have been more specific.
Players like Tootoo I actually like, but man...it just pisses me off seeing a guy like Eaton or Stevenson taking runs at players of Dandeneault and Devereaux's ilk.

btw, it's time that Lewis sends Bootland down so he can get a regular shift on G.R.
Hell, if we're going to play somebody 3 minutes a game it might as well be Ryan Barnes.

I agree with smokey. Stevenson is a borderline NHLer, but to say that about Eaton?! He was responsible for a large part of shutting down your PP last night. Watch another preds game sometime and watch eaton. I think you'll change your mind.

Anyway, it was a pleasure to see the wings play last night. Definitely a top notch team (and for the most part, top notch fans). I hope this rivalry continues.

Spitfire11 12-21-2003 09:49 AM

Woolley and Whitney: these two think they're Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Orr, they just can't make a simple play, always have to do something fancy and mess up.