HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: NYS Trooper killled hunting suspect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=374186)

SML 04-25-2007 12:43 PM

OT: NYS Trooper killled hunting suspect

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18309191/

Man, it's been a rough year for the troopers. I have some friends I'm hoping are alright right now. I was at Trooper Longobardo's funeral and hoped not to be at another one of those for a long, long time. Thoughts to the family and loved ones...

SPG 04-25-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML (Post 9070178)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18309191/

Man, it's been a rough year for the troopers. I have some friends I'm hoping are alright right now. I was at Trooper Longobardo's funeral and hoped not to be at another one of those for a long, long time. Thoughts to the family and loved ones...

I just got that news as well... it has been a rough year for troopers and Central NY police officers. The killer of Utica police officer Thomas Lindsey is still on the loose as well. Lindsey was shot in the head during a routine traffic stop a couple weeks ago.

in the hall 04-25-2007 12:50 PM

gotta admit, i hate troopers, they are the biggest ass-holes i have ever encountered but thats sad, hope they find the person and he gets his

SML 04-25-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall (Post 9070252)
gotta admit, i hate troopers, they are the biggest ass-holes i have ever encountered but thats sad, hope they find the person and he gets his

Well, most people hate police until they need them. They don't like people telling them they can't do things until they need them to stop someone from doing something to them. Young guys have a natural aversion to police and authority in general. When you have a few grey hairs and actually own something you worked hard for and is worth protecting, your point of view changes a little. No disrespect, it's not like I know you, but I'm guessing you're a younger guy to make a blanket statement of that nature in a situation like this.

in the hall 04-25-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML (Post 9070347)
Well, most people hate police until they need them. They don't like people telling them they can't do things until they need them to stop someone from doing something to them. Young guys have a natural aversion to police and authority in general. When you have a few grey hairs and actually own something you worked hard for and is worth protecting, your point of view changes a little. No disrespect, it's not like I know you, but I'm guessing you're a younger guy to make a blanket statement of that nature in a situation like this.

no, i like police and respect them. my sisters ex husband was a police officer and the person i split seasons with is a detective.. well the son in law of the person is, he gets the tickets

i have encountered state troopers twice in my life and both times were not good

first time they set up a trap right off the GCP during rush hour so traffic was heavy and it was also pouring, and were pulling everyone over for whatever reason.. so one guy walks up to my car (traffic was that slow) and he tells me to pull over in the triangle so i do that (with about 4 other cars)

he gave me a ticket for LEDs on my hood, tinted windows were like .2 too dark or something so he gave me a ticket for that.. they are hardly dark for the record.. and the MFer had the nerve to give me a ticket for crossing zebra stripes, to which i did only because thats where he told me to pull over

needless to say that ticket was dropped, but my still point remains and the only thing those dumbasses accomplished was giving me a great dislike for them

the next encounter was in NJ and i was speeding so i don't mind so much but he was a complete ass, maybe its just routine but he was over the top.. i mean the guy his hand on his gun the entire time and when i went to get my wallet out he kept telling me not to move, and had me open all my windows.. just ridiculous

007 04-25-2007 03:34 PM

My cousin's wife's brother-in-law is an Ohio State Trooper. He's a bit of a lunkhead - the kind of guy who buys what he's told by powers-that-be without ever thinking about it - but his heart is definitely in the right place. I'm sure that he and his colleagues are very brave and want to protect the public.

My condolences go out to this trooper's family.

FLYLine24 04-25-2007 04:19 PM

I hope they catch that piece of crap soon and let him rot away his next 60 years in prison while getting a daily beadown from the prison guards so he never forgets what he did.

My condolences to his family.

lotus 04-25-2007 04:20 PM

Yeah State Troopers pick on me all the time, It's a miracle if i make a month through my commute not being pulled over in my car. But despite it all you do know they all have their hearts in the right place, no matter who you are you know that. Sad to hear.

BobMarleyNYR 04-25-2007 04:36 PM

I don't know if it has to do with age as much as personal experience. I personally was assaulted by police officers when I told them to stop harassing me abou a "drug dealer" acquaintance of mine (actually a devout Muslim). I am 21, and have the scars to prove it. I also have friends who have been beaten/incarcerated unjustly. That said, I know not all cops are that way.

It's sad when anyone dies, but when you choose a profession of public defense, you know you're putting your life on the line.

Forechecker 04-25-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 9072605)
I hope they catch that piece of crap soon and let him rot away his next 60 years in prison while getting a daily beadown from the prison guards so he never forgets what he did.

My condolences to his family.

The house he is in is totally engulfed in flames. Staties gassed the house about 10 minutes ago, and about 5 minutes after that flames appeared. A total cluster looks like. Rumour has it a fire-fighter got shot, too, but totally unconfirmed. This is taking place SE of Binghamton on the edge of the Catskill park.

lotus 04-25-2007 05:16 PM

omg this is nuts. channel 7ABC for me. That house is blazin.

shoothepuck 04-25-2007 05:23 PM

From the reports out of Margartetsville, lucky for one of the Troopers he had his vest on, but it sounds like a big cluster-**** up there

SML 04-25-2007 05:31 PM

wow, those "weekenders" just took a total loss. That house is completely engulfed. My guess is that guy isn't coming out alive.

The Thomas J.* 04-25-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML (Post 9073256)
wow, those "weekenders" just took a total loss. That house is completely engulfed. My guess is that guy isn't coming out alive.

F him let him cook!

JerseyRangers 04-25-2007 06:15 PM

I hope the piece of crap survives with 3rd degree burns over most of his body and suffers for a couple of months before finally expiring!

The Thomas J.* 04-25-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyRangers (Post 9073755)
I hope the piece of crap survives with 3rd degree burns over most of his body and suffers for a couple of months before finally expiring!

Hmmmmmmmm, I guess I could live with that.

Firefly 04-25-2007 09:38 PM

Sucks about the house, but hopefully that ******* was still alive inside when it started burning up. Good riddance.

ThirdEye 04-25-2007 09:42 PM

I still don't understand how such horrible things can happen. Really, what is going on in these peoples heads?

I guess it's just something you have to accept. There will always be one or two *******s that ruin it for everyone every so often and there's really not much you can do. Just hope it doesn't happen

Very saddening :(