HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Dec 21, exhibition game: Sweden vs. Canada (2-3) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37487)

Predatore 12-20-2003 10:46 AM

Dec 21, exhibition game: Sweden vs. Canada

Should be a good game.

I'm predicting a 5-2 win for Canada.
Nicklas Danielsson will score both goals for Sweden.

leafaholix* 12-20-2003 10:54 AM

Hmm... Canada's a strong club.

Canada - 6
Sweden - 0

And I'll be rooting for Sweden... :( ... just because of that guy... umm, I forget his name. ;)

skatman 12-21-2003 01:15 AM

Sweden - 4

Canada - 2

:D

leafaholix* 12-21-2003 05:18 AM

After one period it's 0-0.

So far the stand outs for Sweden have been Joakim Lundstrom and Henrik Blomqvist.

Lundstrom's stopped everything and has managed to control the rebounds. Blomqvist had a great opportunity to score with a shot from the point that missed the net, and he's been clearly the most physical Swede on the ice.

Steen and Nilsson have played well, Nilsson made a nice end-to-end rush and took a shot just over Fleury's shoulder.

Loui Eriksson also looks good, kind of looks like Steen out there.

Haven't seen much of Salmonsson and Tang.

Tobias Enstrom's much smaller then I expected, but he's quick and made a terrific play at the point on the powerplay to get around one Canadian checker and managed to get a shot away, it deflected off a Canadian defender and went wide... but all in all, he's steady.

Alex Steen's has made some smart plays, looks much bigger then last WJC.

Other then probably a handful of players, the Swedish team's been "ok".

Predatore 12-21-2003 05:20 AM

good to hear, thanks. Yes Blomqvist is the only real powerhouse we have on the team.. and he is only 5'11" :) Can be quite dirty at times as well (Samuelsson - light) hehe

nazzy 12-21-2003 05:23 AM

Yep, Lundstrom has really kept the Swedes in the game. First time that I got to see Danielsson play, i'm pretty impressed so far. :) Nilsson looks pretty good out there as well.

Predatore 12-21-2003 05:26 AM

Danielsson is a keeper. Leave him alone on a breakaway and he'll always score an excellent goal :)
Thanks for the update guys, much appreciated.

Mess 12-21-2003 05:27 AM

The Swedes have also changes their Power Play style... Always known for their playmaking skills ..on the 2 powerplays they have been shooting from the point and going for rebounds..

The 3 SEL Swedes Nilsson, Tobias Enstrom and Steen have been the best skaters as the announcer was also commenting on.. Nilsson made a end to end rush going around several Canadians ..surprising me a little as his weakness was to be his skating but it didn't show there..

Swedes Danielsson and Eriksson have also been buzzing around..

But so far Swedish goalie Joakim Lundstrom is the story 20 saves, and the Swedes have held up well against the Canadian Pressure and physical style..

Shots have been 20-9.. Canada

Predatore 12-21-2003 05:32 AM

I see. As for Nilsson's skating.. He is a rather average skater when not having the puck in control. But when he controls the puck and stickhandles through traffic it's another thing. He has some slick moves and fine technical skills which helps him out a lot.

Mess 12-21-2003 05:38 AM

1 - 0 Canada

Shawn Belle on a wrist shot from the point that pinballed its way through Lundstrom legs..

Mess 12-21-2003 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predatore
I see. As for Nilsson's skating.. He is a rather average skater when not having the puck in control. But when he controls the puck and stickhandles through traffic it's another thing. He has some slick moves and fine technical skills which helps him out a lot.

Yup ..Right on..

Hey why don't the Swedes have their names on the back of their Jersey's??....It would make it easiler for us Amateur scouts to recognize players as it takes a while for you to get used to them first..

Predatore 12-21-2003 05:52 AM

hmm I don't know. I think they usually have? or at least had in the past. Perhaps they'll other jerseys when the tournament starts.

Duff88 12-21-2003 05:57 AM

Can anyone give me Canada and Sweden's line-ups and jersey numbers please.

Predatore 12-21-2003 06:01 AM

Duff88,
http://stats.swehockey.se/start.htm

Just click "live" and then line-ups.

Predatore 12-21-2003 06:04 AM

Are all the four defensive pairings seeing an equal amount of ice-time? Just wondering if Täng and Björk are playing.

leafaholix* 12-21-2003 06:06 AM

Tobias Enstrom's skating has been very average.

Sebastian Meijer is a tiny guy.

Johannes Salmonsson made a beautiful play, he got the pass from the defender and held it as the Canadian defenseman slid right by him, he pulled it to his backhand and managed a shot/pass... great play.

Pierre Johnsson got pulverized by Anthony Stewart.

nazzy 12-21-2003 06:09 AM

Quote:

Are all the four defensive pairings seeing an equal amount of ice-time? Just wondering if Täng and Björk are playing.

I can't say I've heard the pbp man say Täng and Björk very often. Blomqvist has been playing a lot and has also been very physical. They also mentioned that scouts have said that Fransson is the top Swedish prospect on this team for the draft.

leafaholix* 12-21-2003 06:10 AM

I don't think Tang or Bjork have gotten much time.

Pierre Johnsson, Henrik Blomqvist, Tobias Enstrom, and Daniel Sondell has seen a lot of time on the blue line.

Mess 12-21-2003 06:11 AM

Score 1 -0 Canada after 2 periods..

Shots are getting closer as the last they showed it was 30 -19 Canada.

I thought Johannes Salomonsson was the most dangerous Swede in period 2 for a 17 year old he made some nice crafty movers..

Joakim Lundstrom made a great glove save as Crosby split the Swedish Defense and move in alone..

Anthony Stewart hit the crossbar and missed an empty net on the PP from a bad angle..

I don't see goaltending as a weakness in the tourney for Sweden..

Chances have not been great for Sweden, and they are playing against a NHL goalie in Fleury doesn't hurt..

Steen a personal favourite of course...is a strong 2 way forward and often the first forward back checking to help his Defense against the BIG strong Canadian forwards..

Predatore 12-21-2003 06:12 AM

I see thanks.
Sweden is still standing up pretty good I take it?

leafaholix* 12-21-2003 06:15 AM

Yeah... better then I thought.

They're a pretty pesky team.

Not afraid to take a hit to make a play.

Mess 12-21-2003 06:22 AM

Loui Eriksson scores to tie the game as he gets behind the Canada Defense..

Jeff Carter scores a minute later to put Canada back up 2-1

Predatore 12-21-2003 06:27 AM

finally some goal scoring.

Mess 12-21-2003 06:49 AM

Quote:

finally some goal scoring.

Sebastian Meijer makes it 2 -2 with 3 minutes to go..

Eriksson hit the post the few minutes earlier..

Predatore 12-21-2003 06:49 AM

Meijer ties the game.
Nice goal? This smallish kid is pretty exciting to watch.. excellent skater and usually scores quite nice goals :)