HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Write the Z-man in! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=37531)

darth5 12-20-2003 02:14 PM

Write the Z-man in!

I have been writing Zidlicky in on all of my All-Star ballots.
This guy deserves some respect and even though the NHL All-Star system is seriously lame, let's write him in!

Aaron Vickers 12-20-2003 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnrocketman
I have been writing Zidlicky in on all of my All-Star ballots.
This guy deserves some respect and even though the NHL All-Star system is seriously lame, let's write him in!

Well, the All-Star ballots are created in advance of the season, and I don't really think anyone expected as much as he's given.

Though he definitely deserves to be there.

dulzhok 12-21-2003 09:24 AM

In all honestly, I don't think he deserves to be there. I'm not saying he hasn't done some good things this year... he has. But I don't he's done enough to be considered an all-star.

I'd say maybe Vokoun and maybe Timonen should be considered. But really, we haven't had anyone whose been consistently GREAT this year.

Also, an all-star selection would be detrimental to our hopes of resinging him at a decent salary.

Anyways, the write in thing is a joke. I remember a couple of years ago, we sent in tens of thousands of ballots for Cliff Ronning. They were totally disregarded.

SmokeyClause 12-21-2003 09:29 AM

I don't think Timonen should be in there. Vokoun maybe, but his numbers just don't impress when stacked up to a lot of others. He'll get a look, but in the end names like Turco, Osgood and co. will win out. And the non-starters would likely be someone like Abby or Cloutier. Zids deserves a chance because he is the type of player the All-Star game needs.

But writing him in does nothing. The write-in is the fan vote for the All-Star starter. He won't start so the only hope is to have the NHL select him. He's worthy offensively and I think he should be given consideration.

dulzhok 12-21-2003 09:44 AM

Maybe if they want some fancy offense, he should be considered.

But based on being a good defenseman, I'd take Timonen over Zidlicky in a heartbeat. Defensively, he's far superior to Zidlicky. Offensively, he's not far behind.

But like I say, I really don't think any of our players have been consistently great this year.

triggrman 12-21-2003 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Maybe if they want some fancy offense, he should be considered.

Isn't that what the All-Star game is all about?
Quote:

But based on being a good defenseman, I'd take Timonen over Zidlicky in a heartbeat. Defensively, he's far superior to Zidlicky. Offensively, he's not far behind.

I agree 100%

biscuithead 12-22-2003 03:29 AM

Quote:

In all honestly, I don't think he deserves to be there. I'm not saying he hasn't done some good things this year... he has. But I don't he's done enough to be considered an all-star.

He's been more impressive than Krivo (talk about a slacker on D) was and he earned a spot. Of course that was Year One.

tulsytrid1 12-22-2003 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuithead
He's been more impressive than Krivo (talk about a slacker on D) was and he earned a spot. Of course that was Year One.

Agree, and I really don't think he gives up that much Defensively. He has been playing much better in that department. I have already wrote him in on more than a few ballots.