HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Crazy Thought: Hollweg & Larry Double Team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=376668)

Anthony Mauro 05-03-2007 10:06 AM

Crazy Thought: Hollweg & Larry Double Team

What would people think if they saw Hollweg dancing his ass off right next to Larry? We all know he's not a shy guy when it comes to dancing. As long as he's sitting, why can't Hollweg just take a walk with security when the song's about to come on and get it on with the Dancin' Maniac in the 400's?!

Not sure if people are worried about professionalism or even injury from some stupid drunks, but it sure would catch the player's eye more and get the fans even more pumped up.

Da-Da-Da...

Son of Steinbrenner 05-03-2007 11:16 AM

I would lose all respect for Hollweg and the Rangers managment...

Not to mention this would never happen...

Just another case of fans thinking the players are there friend...

blue2noise 05-03-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue (Post 9162507)
What would people think if they saw Hollweg dancing his ass off right next to Larry? We all know he's not a shy guy when it comes to dancing. As long as he's sitting, why can't Hollweg just take a walk with security when the song's about to come on and get it on with the Dancin' Maniac in the 400's?!

Not sure if people are worried about professionalism or even injury from some stupid drunks, but it sure would catch the player's eye more and get the fans even more pumped up.

Da-Da-Da...

:shakehead

dank 05-03-2007 11:23 AM

First of all, when I read the title I thought something very different and much less PG. I'll admit I was creeped out by the title a bit.

Anyways, I don't think that you would lose respect for both Hollweg and the Rangers, so stop your melodrama. It'd be funny and you'd definitely be aching for the YT link.

That being said, unless it were for a commercial or directly suggested (they just wouldn't think of it themselves) by someone, I doubt it would happen. It's too esoteric for most to get, plus may cause more mayhem and distraction.

Losing respect for the organization and a player over a fun(ny) stunt for the fans, pfft. Come on.

Son of Steinbrenner 05-03-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dank (Post 9163066)
First of all, when I read the title I thought something very different and much less PG. I'll admit I was creeped out by the title a bit.

Anyways, I don't think that you would lose respect for both Hollweg and the Rangers, so stop your melodrama. It'd be funny and you'd definitely be aching for the YT link.

That being said, unless it were for a commercial or directly suggested (they just wouldn't think of it themselves) by someone, I doubt it would happen. It's too esoteric for most to get, plus may cause more mayhem and distraction.

Losing respect for the organization and a player over a fun(ny) stunt for the fans, pfft. Come on.

This is the playoffs bro...sorry you don't even do this stuff in the preseason forget the playoffs

Hollweg is going to go from a guy that played over 70 games in the regular season to dancing in the stands during the playoffs...sorry something tells me you'll be waiting for the YT link for a long time...

What's next Colton Orr handing out pretzels with Chewie the pretzel guy?

I'd lose all respect for the organziation of Hollweg starts dancing during the game? He should be paying attention to what's going on during the game....

Anthony Mauro 05-03-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 9163338)
This is the playoffs bro...sorry you don't even do this stuff in the preseason forget the playoffs

Hollweg is going to go from a guy that played over 70 games in the regular season to dancing in the stands during the playoffs...sorry something tells me you'll be waiting for the YT link for a long time...

What's next Colton Orr handing out pretzels with Chewie the pretzel guy?

I'd lose all respect for the organziation of Hollweg starts dancing during the game? He should be paying attention to what's going on during the game....

I know what you're saying, but if this is such a problem, we should be worried about players going to bars and being in the NYC nightlife as well. Atleast here, NYR can keep an eye on them...

I wouldn't mind getting a pretzel from Orr, atleast I know if **** is going down, he'd have Ranger's fans backs...can't say that for some of those skinny concessioners.

Son of Steinbrenner 05-03-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue (Post 9163421)
I know what you're saying, but if this is such a problem, we should be worried about players going to bars and being in the NYC nightlife as well. Atleast here, NYR can keep an eye on them...

I wouldn't mind getting a pretzel from Orr, atleast I know if **** is going down, he'd have Ranger's fans backs...can't say that for some of those skinny concessioners.

no we shouldn't worry about players going to bars and enjoying the nyc nightlife..that's there personal life and it doesn't interfere with there job on the ice...

one has nothing to do with the other...

what you want is Hollweg to turn into some sort of mascot...

Anthony Mauro 05-03-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 9164584)

what you want is Hollweg to turn into some sort of mascot...

I think he's already established himself as just that in the lockerroom, but I guess its okay because it's in the lockerroom.

Anthony Mauro 05-03-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 9162992)

Just another case of fans thinking the players are there friend...

Riiight. I wish I could play chess with Jagr, stroll in the park with Shanahan, play XBOX with Callahan, and party with Girardi.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while and has nothing to do with what I suggested.

Son of Steinbrenner 05-03-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue (Post 9164793)
I think he's already established himself as just that in the lockerroom, but I guess its okay because it's in the lockerroom.

Yeah and his dance is done BEFORE games to loosen up the players.....That doesn't make Hollweg a mascot...Having him dance for the fans during the game makes him a mascot "somebody warm up baby elephant walk, Hollweg is about to dance"

The Rangers have done a pretty good job ON THE ICE of keeping the fans loud and happy....Do they really need a player to...wait for it...wait for it...DANCE to get the fans pumped up?

Son of Steinbrenner 05-03-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue (Post 9164841)
Riiight. I wish I could play chess with Jagr, stroll in the park with Shanahan, play XBOX with Callahan, and party with Girardi.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while and has nothing to do with what I suggested.

Did you hear the one about Ryan Hollweg getting up and dancing with Dancin Larry?

RangerSteve 05-03-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue (Post 9164841)

I still wish the Duke Lacrosse team invited me to their party:rant: :sarcasm:

FmmF3* 05-03-2007 02:52 PM

Is this thread even remotely serious?