HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ville Koistinen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=379379)

dwightkurt 05-11-2007 02:13 PM

Ville Koistinen

I belive he performe quite well the AHL, how come Predators never give him a chanse in the NHL?

And what is happening whit him next season?

AdmiralPred 05-11-2007 02:26 PM

Someone over on the AHL boards said he was talking with teams in Sweden and Finland. Did not provide a link and I found nothing to that regard.

As to the Preds, having seen most of their young D-men in Milwaukee, they already have a stable of puck moving defensemen, and since Ville is the smallest of them (under 6 feet ??) he's probably going to have a more difficult time cracking the Pred's roster. Not that he isn't a good player, I like his skating and stickhandling skills.

Phenomenon 05-11-2007 03:23 PM

Ville Koistinen will make his national team debut tomorrow in WHC quarter finals against Team Russia after beeing already in a summer vacation in Finland after AHL playoffs. Finland´s no 1 QB and leading scorer Petteri Nummelin got an injury in the USA game and now Ville is expected to bring the same contribution. Ville was Lasse Kukkonen's pair in today's practise which is an indication that he can be seen in the 1st pair and 1st PP unit.

JussiM 05-12-2007 08:44 AM

Heck of a debut for Koistinen! :handclap:

Teus 05-12-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralPred (Post 9250075)
Someone over on the AHL boards said he was talking with teams in Sweden and Finland. Did not provide a link and I found nothing to that regard.

This article apparently says that Helsingin IFK and Malmö Redhawks are trying to get his signature: http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/mmjaakiekk...i/id74949.html

Phenomenon 05-12-2007 09:30 AM

Ilves has told that they will do anything to get Ville back in their roster, if he will play in Europe.

Ville made a really astonishing debut and was not just good, but the best defender of the game. No mistakes, aggressive and strong in the corners, excellent movement and great passes - A+ for his first game in national team.

eh 05-12-2007 09:59 AM

Tough luck getting him to Finland after that game. Even if the Preds didn't want to keep him, some other team will almost certainly give a late pick for him. And if that doesn't happen, I'm sure just about every single Swedish and Swiss team will be lining up their cash before him.

AdsSabresRule 05-12-2007 10:11 AM

Ville...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenomenon (Post 9256033)
Ilves has told that they will do anything to get Ville back in their roster, if he will play in Europe.

Ville made a really astonishing debut and was not just good, but the best defender of the game. No mistakes, aggressive and strong in the corners, excellent movement and great passes - A+ for his first game in national team.

This kid moves unbelievably well. You can look at my Admirals posts to see some of my game comments. For such as small kid, he is rugged, and is not knocked over easily. He is obviously going to be an 'offensive - defenseman', but his size might keep him off some rosters with a lot of depth at D. However, I am sure the Preds could get a decent pick for him if they wanted to deal him. The issue is that Europe is starting to pay so well, that it might be just as fruitfull for him to be a star over there, than a plug - in over here...

Lady Lynx 05-13-2007 03:07 PM

Ville was named Team Finland's best player in today's final against Canada. Really good performance by him considering that this was his 2nd game in the national team. :handclap:

Jude 05-14-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teus (Post 9255911)
This article apparently says that Helsingin IFK and Malmö Redhawks are trying to get his signature: http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/mmjaakiekk...i/id74949.html

Hope that doesnt happen, it would be a catastrophe. He could definitely develope into a NHL Dmen next years.

Phenomenon 05-14-2007 12:28 PM

Ville played only two games (Russia and Canada) and he was +3. Pretty amazing rise from shadows Team Finland's best defenseman. I am sure that he has the tools to succeed in the NHL level and is cheap.

bakunin 05-21-2007 04:17 AM

There are rumours that he is close to sign with Ambri-Piotta in switzerland.

Uppercorner 06-01-2007 09:07 AM

Somebody slap me, please! If Ville doesn't get a contract in NHL with his stats and performance, what the **** are all these mediocre Finns signed for this season??? Have you gone insane in Nashville? Are you letting him go?

handtrick 06-01-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uppercorner (Post 9425774)
Somebody slap me, please! If Ville doesn't get a contract in NHL with his stats and performance, what the **** are all these mediocre Finns signed for this season??? Have you gone insane in Nashville? Are you letting him go?

It is all part of Basillie's masterplan.....:shakehead

Phenomenon 06-27-2007 01:44 AM

Ville is close to sign with HC Davos, Switzerland.
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uu...asp?id=1393136

This does not necessarily mean that he has an intention play in Europe in any case, because he has told earlier that he has time to wait for a proper contract offer from NHL and could sign with a European team as a backup plan.

eme 06-27-2007 04:27 AM

I thought if he signs a contract to Europe, he can't move to NHL anymore for next season. Or is the transfer deadline 15th of july?

DontCallPlayersStuds 06-27-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eme (Post 9699018)
I thought if he signs a contract to Europe, he can't move to NHL anymore for next season. Or is the transfer deadline 15th of july?

He was qualified by the Predators, so they still have his rights...

any contract he signs is likely contingent on whether or not he makes the Predators. I think this is just saying that if he does not, he will play in Switzerland instead of the AHL.

DontCallPlayersStuds 07-03-2007 10:06 AM

Koistinen signed, one year, ONE WAY deal(unless the info is wrong)

Ryan Maki also signed, two way deal for him.

Garl 07-03-2007 11:30 AM

So Nas defense:
Niskala, Weber, Suter, Koistinen, Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Vishnevski/Zanon?

PredDave 07-03-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garl (Post 9783747)
So Nas defense:
Niskala, Weber, Suter, Koistinen, Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Vishnevski/Zanon?

Nope, Vishnevski is 99% gone... and we signed deVries yesterday.

So, its probably more like:

Weber - Zidlicky
Hamhuis - Suter
deVries - Zanon
Klein

(others in Milwaukee)

Jarnberg 07-03-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 9782285)
Koistinen signed, one year, ONE WAY deal(unless the info is wrong)

Ryan Maki also signed, two way deal for him.

Ugh, one way deal for Koistinen? What a terrible move. One way deal for a 8th defensemen. I guess this is our way of reaching the Salary Floor without actually improving the team.

So we're going to carry 8 defensemen and be over stocked at the forwards too?

Jarnberg 07-03-2007 11:56 AM

I guess this means that either:

a) we don't resign Zanon, and/or Klein.
b) we trade one of Hamhuis, Suter, Weber
c) we send Koistinen down to Milwaukee to eat up Cap Space.

lstcyr 07-03-2007 12:26 PM

Does his salary count when he's down in Milwaukee? I think it was a one way deal just to get him to come back to the U.S. There's always the possibility he'll make the team. Which raises the question of who has options to send down to Milwaukee without waivers?

Ciccarelli 07-03-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredDave (Post 9783890)
Nope, Vishnevski is 99% gone... and we signed deVries yesterday.

So, its probably more like:

Weber - Zidlicky
Hamhuis - Suter
deVries - Zanon
Klein

(others in Milwaukee)

Why would a player like Niskala play in AHL? DeVries who? Couldn't find him from Hockeydb, less he's either one of these guys: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=67876
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=66725

Jussi 07-03-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 9783954)
Ugh, one way deal for Koistinen? What a terrible move. One way deal for a 8th defensemen. I guess this is our way of reaching the Salary Floor without actually improving the team.

Considering his last season, I'd say Koistinen has more potential than an 8th defenseman.