HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   have you seen todays article (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=38132)

FlyerFire 12-23-2003 05:16 AM

have you seen todays article

in Spectors?its about Iginla and us giving up half our team to get him. glad i don't trust Spectors.

Dr Love 12-23-2003 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spector's Article
"Bruce Dowbiggin from the Calgary Herald said "Bobby Clarke has been quietly assembling a package of goodies to obtain Iginla, whom he covets. Mike Comrie (who signed for one year in Philly), Michael Handzus, Justin Williams, Jim Vandermeer and Mike Richards are mentioned." He also noted that if Calgary got all these players they would save $2 million in the deal. Also if Sutter should add Conroy or Gautier to the mix Clarke might consider adding Marcus Ragnarsson and other to the mix."

LOL!!!! ALL of those players? HA! Ridiculous.

Dar 12-23-2003 05:41 AM

DO IT BOBBY!!!!! :handclap: :D

Teezax 12-23-2003 05:43 AM

WTF is with all these Iginla to Philly rumors, they haven't stopped since freakin last season. I don't even want him on our team, his 7 million dollars can stay in Calgary. The only offer i'd make for him would be
Handzus Therien and a 2nd, don't like it, call Sather.

stanley 12-23-2003 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
WTF is with all these Iginla to Philly rumors...

It's the domino effect of the Comrie trade, which was the first big trade of the season that I can recall of the top of my head. Add in a little pre-trade declaration from Clarke that he had no interest in Comrie (although few people seem inclined to let the very large speed bump that those comments were made in response to the notion that he was trading Handzus and had nothing to do with Comrie get in the way), the Canadian media's secret man-love for Clarke, and you have the perfect recipe for a mega-rumor.

Hey, many so-called writers need to justify that ol' paycheck.

tytech 12-23-2003 07:24 AM

where's the article?

blah 12-23-2003 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytech
where's the article?

2nd post in thread.

Bohologo 12-23-2003 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
glad i don't trust Spectors.

Spector doesn't make stuff up, he just reports rumours that have been established in print or other media-he's pretty strict about naming sources for all the rumours he reports. Don't shoot the messenger!

Winston Wolf 12-23-2003 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohologo
Spector doesn't make stuff up, he just reports rumours that have been established in print or other media-he's pretty strict about naming sources for all the rumours he reports. Don't shoot the messenger!

Yeah, well considering their sources are usually Bruce Garrioch or Larry Brooks....

Quellet The Dogs Out 12-23-2003 03:05 PM

Wow that is one of the funniest offers i've ever seen...

BrindA17 12-23-2003 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohologo

Right on! :yo: