HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Critical time!! Let's All Keep Perspective... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=38137)

Face Wash 12-23-2003 06:25 AM

Critical time!! Let's All Keep Perspective...

The Kings had almost as many points at this point last year (38), but only got 40 points in their final 48 games... In fact, last season the Kings began their collapse around this time on December 29th... from 12/29 they went on to lose 13 of their next 16 games. Two of their 3 wins were in OT (one of the losses was in OT as well). In fact from Dec. 22 to Jan 28th (over a month) the Kings won only one game in regulation (@MIN).

So as dissapointing as the last three games may have been, we need to keep this in mind.

Since November 29th, the Kings have LOST to only ONE TEAM in regulation... That's THREE WEEKS and only two regulation losses to St. Louis.

In that time, the Kings have amassed 17 points out of a possible 26. Over an 82-game season, that would amount to a 107-point pace...

I think we'd all rejoice if the Kings had a 107-point season..

The Kings are on a 94-point pace which is considerably better than the 78-points the Kings finished with last year. Especially great considering the "lost man games" situation is EVEN WORSE than it was last season.

The Kings have learned how to play without key players and it's to Andy Murray's credit, also when you consider how bad the special teams have been that the Kings are in this position. :teach:

We talk about the players losing focus... Let's not lose focus or perspective ourselves as fans. These guys for the most part are playing their ***** off!!

punchy1 12-23-2003 07:02 AM

Cheers mate. Rightly said. This team is doing soundly now and we are with different factors than last season. We had just lost some great talent from the line up when we started our skid last season and this year we are about to add some serious talent (Army,Lappy,Brownie,Millsy,Ally I hope
Y). We are playing very well within our system and if you ask me, most of us thought we would lose last night (as evidenced by the pre game predictions) and while I hate our four blown three goal leads as much as anyone, the fact that we were able to hang onto get a point at all after them collapses is at least something.

We have a ways to go but unlike last year, we are about to get back some key fellows. The only thing that I can see is that we need to adress our PP/PK coaching right now. It has been bad since they started working together and it isn't getting any better.

Other than that, I think we are doing fine and heading in the right direction. Cheers fw.

Legionnaire 12-23-2003 08:29 AM

OK, where is the real Face Wash and how much ransom do you want for his safe return?

Face Wash 12-23-2003 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
OK, where is the real Face Wash and how much ransom do you want for his safe return?

Oh C'Mon... is that my rep around here?? :cry:

:rolly:

Legionnaire 12-23-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
Oh C'Mon... is that my rep around here?? :cry:

:rolly:

I guess :p I definately would not have pegged you as "the glass is half full type" of guy. That's Jfont's job :D

two out of three* 12-23-2003 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I guess :p I definately would not have pegged you as "the glass is half full type" of guy. That's Jfont's job :D

I would put him the "half-full" category. Only real negative thing Ive heard out of em was about Stumpel, and clearing the puck. Otherwise ya got good posts.

Old Hickory 12-23-2003 11:22 AM

I would put him in the realist category

Face Wash 12-23-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I would put him in the realist category

:yo: thanks kj... that's where I like to see myself.

I get as excited about their play as anyone when they're playing well... but I never get too down about it, especially when the injuries are such a huge reason...

I started this thread because people were getting so disconsolate over 3 ties in a row. They certainly have the right to feel any way they want and I'll admit, when you have a team down you have to have a killer instinct and not shell up like the Kings have...

I just wanted to put things into perspective and harkon back to last year when we collapsed at this time.

Oh, and TradeMo... I rip The Felon pretty hard too. But that's only because he's a felon. As far as I'm concerned, he'll always wear an "A" on his uniform and not the kind of "A" Palffy or Lappy wears on the ice. More of a Scarlet "A" if you get my drift. ;)

I'll be happy when the Kings trade him, and not because I don't think he has talent... because I do.

Old Hickory 12-23-2003 12:22 PM

I think it's very apparent how much this team misses Visnovsky and Miller.
I haven't heard anything, but I think Miller was hurt his last several games(before going on IR).
Our PP is even more brutal without Lubo

maximil 12-23-2003 01:39 PM

I think taking a few days off during the christmas holiday will be great for the Kings. Hopefully they can come back fresh physically and mentally.

Captain Ron 12-23-2003 03:23 PM

I commend Facewash on his optimistic view of the Kings current situation.

I am trying to think positively about the team as well.I honestly think that if in June we were told the Kings would be in first place in the Pacific going into the new year we would be thrilled.

The Kings definitely have alot of work to do to become an elite team with a real chance in the playoffs.But, if they could just work out the problems with their special teams the Kings could be a team to be feared in the post season.

Kings Fanatic 12-23-2003 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=Face Wash]

Oh, and TradeMo... I rip The Felon pretty hard too. But that's only because he's a felon. As far as I'm concerned, he'll always wear an "A" on his uniform and not the kind of "A" Palffy or Lappy wears on the ice. More of a Scarlet "A" if you get my drift. ;)

QUOTE]

The Felon should be ripped just for his lousy play. Minus, minus and more minus from him.

Captain Ron 12-23-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximil
I think taking a few days off during the christmas holiday will be great for the Kings. Hopefully they can come back fresh physically and mentally.

I will be taking my wife with me into enemy territory on Friday as I travel to San Jose to watch the Kings kick some Shark tailfin. I just hope my presence does not affect the team in a negative way. :dunno:

LuckyLUC20 12-24-2003 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
I will be taking my wife with me into enemy territory on Friday as I travel to San Jose to watch the Kings kick some Shark tailfin. I just hope my presence does not affect the team in a negative way. :dunno:

I'm sure you won't! We need as many Kings fans there as we can get... Beat the Sharks!

two out of three* 12-24-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob

Hey where will you be at? Im driving up there for a hockey tournament, and ill be at the game. Go Kings!

Captain Ron 12-24-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TradeModry
Hey where will you be at? Im driving up there for a hockey tournament, and ill be at the game. Go Kings!

Section 21 row 18...not great but will look forward to a Kings victory. :handclap:

Scottkmlps 12-24-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
The Kings had almost as many points at this point last year (38), but only got 40 points in their final 48 games...

Yes, but the Kings also had Allison and/or Deadmarsh in the lineup last year for the 1st half. This year they have put up 38 points without them. With those 2 in the lineup, they would have a hell of alot more points than they do this year.

jfont 12-31-2003 07:26 PM

4-0 yotes...

ok, can i start getting nervous now?

LuckyLUC20 12-31-2003 07:31 PM

I wonder if the off-ice distractions with Allison is a factor in this current slump.

This blows.

Face Wash 12-31-2003 10:13 PM

I just hope the concussions DT suffered as a player won't keep him from remembering the lesson they taught him in History class when he was 10 years old...

You know, the one where they tell you that you either learn from the past or you're doomed to repeat it... :teach: :dunno:

punchy1 01-09-2004 09:07 AM

Ziggy is down for who knows how long, but I am not quitting on the lads yet.

Allison and his mystery injury are still out of the line up, but I won't quit yet.

Deader won't play a hockey game again, But I won't quit yet.

Miller is out and having his worst pro season, but I won't quit yet.

Stumpel is back at our NUMBER ONE CENTER! Not going to quit yet.

Frolov isn't used the way I want to see him used, not going to quit yet.

PP/PK is the laughing stock of the entire hockey world, not going to quit yet.

All of these things are true and a couple of others too but I am not going to quit on the team in the same manner that I would be bloody livid if they were to quit right now too. Now is when I expect us to rally and support out team. Now is when character steps to the front.

Its easy to love a winner. Its tough to stick with someone or something that is struggling. For those of you who will say "I have done it for XX years and had enough, or Who are you to tell me when I have been a fan forever" all I can say is this, each year, each coach, each owner, each roster is a new team and new situation. Your loyalty is way more important to the team in its entirety than it is to any of them other things. You are being asked to be loyal to being a fan of the Los Angeles Kings. Not just for this season, not for the players on the ice right now, or last year or ever to wear a Kings uni. Your are a fan of the team.

That is why we have expectations, the players are being given the privilege to play for OUR team. The coach is being given the privilege to coach OUR team. We pay for them to be here. So, get pissed at the situation sure but, this is OUR team, so, when we quit on them, what gives us the right to ask for them not to quit on us?

I know, as usual I am just a daft kiwi with another difficult look at things and am sorry for it, no offence intended, but, I have to believe for the sake of reason and being able to rest my head at night that, the fans of MY team are like me, solid, good hard core die hard character blokes and shielas who bleed for the team and won't let set backs ruin the thrill and enjoyment of cheering for thier club.

So, sorry to anyone that I offend with my rubbish, its not meant that way. I know it is hard and frustrating but, I am a fan of the Los Angeles Kings and I will show them by never waivering in my support, regardless of how difficult it is, that way, I can expect their best efforts every time in return. I will give what I expect to get in return and when it doesn't happen, it doesn't mean I won't keep giving what I give, it means I will let them know what it is I expect from MY team, OUR team in order for them to keep recieving the privilege of my faithful support.

It isn't as bad as we think it is and anything can happen, even good things.

punchy1 01-09-2004 04:29 PM

Now that we know that Ziggy is out with surgery, to me, I stand even more so by what I wrote. All of us are lucky to have this team. We are lucky to have this site and each others to follow the team with and we are lucky that we aren't ducks fans. As bad as this is, it can always be worse.