HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   (OT) Roller/Ice hockey in the city this summer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=381449)

nyrmessier011 05-18-2007 03:15 PM

(OT) Roller/Ice hockey in the city this summer

Hey guys sorry to bring up another hockey playing thread but I'm wondering if anybody knows a place to play competitive roller hockey that is played on a regular basis, or a team that I can join this summer for roller and/or ice. I don't want to make the commute to Hackensack to play with the mens league team I played with last summer. So anyway, looking for a place to play pick up games/league games for roller and ice. Maybe we can sticky a NY roller/ice hockey thread so when idiots like me have a question or when others make an announcement to play we can just go to this. Thanks.

FLYLine24 05-18-2007 03:18 PM

Hockey of North America

Starts the 20th of June, goes until about the end of Aug.

12 Games + playoffs

All games are pretty much played at the Ice Hutch on the boarder of Pelham and Mt. Vernon.

I play in it each summer and love it.

If your are interested you gotta sign up soon though since it's almost full.

edit - this is for ice hockey.

nyrmetros 05-18-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 9314603)
Hey guys sorry to bring up another hockey playing thread but I'm wondering if anybody knows a place to play competitive roller hockey that is played on a regular basis, or a team that I can join this summer for roller and/or ice. I don't want to make the commute to Hackensack to play with the mens league team I played with last summer. So anyway, looking for a place to play pick up games/league games for roller and ice. Maybe we can sticky a NY roller/ice hockey thread so when idiots like me have a question or when others make an announcement to play we can just go to this. Thanks.

regarding roller hockey, out in Whitestone Queens, we have a outdoor roller hockey rink that is used quite frequently. we have competitive pickup games every wednesday night, thursday night, saturday morning, sunday morning, and sunday evening. 1 or 2 goalies, minimum of 1 and a half lines per team.

nyrmessier011 05-18-2007 03:40 PM

Yeah I've played a bit at Ice Hutch before, it's still a problem with no car though, unless there is an accessible way to get their with public transportation from Fordham which I don't think there is. What are the fees?

Thanks for the info about Queens. Generally what time do those games begin on the weekday nights and weekend mornings?

Thanks guys

FLYLine24 05-18-2007 03:42 PM

Its $350 (which is like $25 a game pretty much)

But you can also pay half now, and the other half in a month.

Here's more info:

League Features - 12 Game Regular Season
- Single Elimination Playoffs
- 90 Minute Ice Times
- 3 15 Minute Stop Time Periods
- Team Jersey Included
- Website Access
- Detailed Gm and Stats Reporting
- Awards for 1st Place Teams

slade 05-18-2007 03:50 PM

im in astoria queens and would love to get in on some of this also....i have a couple of playing areas near me but they are overrun by soccer players. :cry:

nyrmetros 05-18-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 9314820)
Thanks for the info about Queens. Generally what time do those games begin on the weekday nights and weekend mornings?

Thanks guys

Wednesday and Thurdsay night games start at 7 pm ish. The rink has lights till 10 pm.
The sat morning game starts at 7 am, and the one I play in starts at 11 am. The sun monring game starts at 9 am. The sunday night game is at 7 pm.

Heat McManus 05-18-2007 04:03 PM

Chelsea Piers has 4-on-4 leagues this summer. You can try giving them a call.

nyrmetros 05-18-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slade (Post 9314906)
im in astoria queens and would love to get in on some of this also....i have a couple of playing areas near me but they are overrun by soccer players. :cry:

One of our Saturday morning guys lives out in Astoria and was telling us about a hockey rink with soccer players. I like both sports, so I wanna check the place out.

The Thomas J.* 05-18-2007 04:11 PM

Im In Staten Island, Id love to play again, who cares that im 25 pounds over weight & cant skate backwards anymore!
:yo:

slade 05-18-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 9315049)
One of our Saturday morning guys lives out in Astoria and was telling us about a hockey rink with soccer players. I like both sports, so I wanna check the place out.

the cheesebox- used to be the mecca of roller hockey (so im told)

but id love to get in some games somewhere...i played at UB (Buffalo) and want to get back hardcore.

wolfgaze 05-18-2007 07:55 PM

I'm playing inline indoor hockey @ Wallington, NJ in Bergen County over the summer...

I prefer outdoor but it's hard to find competitive inline hockey outdoors....

BernieNicholls9 05-19-2007 01:22 AM

Which rink in Whitestone do you play at on the weeknights? Is is the one next to the throgs neck or the whitestone bridge in college pt?

Does anyone play at hot skates ?

nyrmetros 12-12-2007 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieNicholls9 (Post 9318216)
Which rink in Whitestone do you play at on the weeknights? Is is the one next to the throgs neck or the whitestone bridge in college pt?

We play at the one in Whitestone/College Point.

Throggs Neck rink is unplayable. shame.

TheZherdev 12-12-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 9314830)
Its $350 (which is like $25 a game pretty much)

But you can also pay half now, and the other half in a month.

Here's more info:

League Features - 12 Game Regular Season
- Single Elimination Playoffs
- 90 Minute Ice Times
- 3 15 Minute Stop Time Periods
- Team Jersey Included
- Website Access
- Detailed Gm and Stats Reporting
- Awards for 1st Place Teams

Sweet, i live like 10 minutes away from the hutch. How does the team selection work?

gaels22 12-12-2007 10:24 AM

i played roller hockey at 96th and 1st
the league is http://www.manhattanrollerhockeyleague.com/

i think it was started by leftovers from chelsea piers. talent level depends on who shows up. some really good skaters, and others who are just starting.

the league was featured on SNY's street game series

nyrmessier011 12-12-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaels22 (Post 11587195)
i played roller hockey at 96th and 1st
the league is http://www.manhattanrollerhockeyleague.com/

i think it was started by leftovers from chelsea piers. talent level depends on who shows up. some really good skaters, and others who are just starting.

the league was featured on SNY's street game series

wow threads back from the deal.

I wish I knew about this fall league. Definitely playing in the spring, need to latch on to a team...unless we start an hf team :hockey:

HeaveHo94 12-12-2007 06:35 PM

yes...I play Goalie. and can get u in...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 9314603)

http://www.manhattanrollerhockeyleague.com/

We just started it this past summer...

HeaveHo94 12-12-2007 06:35 PM

http://www.manhattanrollerhockeyleague.com/

We just started it this past summer...

nyrmetros 12-12-2007 11:52 PM

once again, open invite to anyone who wants games in Whitestone on Sat morning, and monday, wednesday, and sunday nights.

jc25 07-18-2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 11600261)
once again, open invite to anyone who wants games in Whitestone on Sat morning, and monday, wednesday, and sunday nights.

you guys still playing on the regular?

I heard about a rink up in harlem, St. Nicholas park, anyone go there?

NYRantLftyC19 07-18-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 11600261)

Hey metros, i play at Whitestone often, although i havn't been there too much the last two weeks because of a class. Just wondering when you usually come down? We've proably played together, i always come with my two little brothers, Kevin and Kearon.

flankerbill13 07-18-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieNicholls9 (Post 9318216)

hot skates is awful. if you are going to play on LI, Sportime in Bethpage or Skate Safe in Farmingdale are the better rinks.

nyrmetros 07-18-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc25 (Post 14916083)
you guys still playing on the regular?

I heard about a rink up in harlem, St. Nicholas park, anyone go there?

Yea we play at whitestone almost every night.

Bluenote13 07-18-2008 10:49 AM

Damn you all, I wasn't missing Roller until thsi thread popped up ! :madfire:

Signed
The guy who broke his ankle a few months ago