HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Gameday: Predators @ Wild, Dec. 23 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=38152)

ceber 12-23-2003 06:33 AM

Gameday: Predators @ Wild, Dec. 23

The Wild have a chance to reach .500 at home tonight, and get above .500 on the season. I don't think this is going to be an easy game for them, though. Not only is Nashville looking like a team that could beat the Wild (although I guess that's not saying a great deal :)), the Wild are one of three teams with the league's current longest undefeated streak. Call me a pessimist, but I think that sort of thing usually works against us.

Some notes (lifted from www.wild.com):

C Sergei Zholtok has notched a point in five straight games and has scored a goal in three straight games.

Goalies Manny Fernandez and Dwayne Roloson rank among the league's best goaltending tandems. The duo ranks second in the NHL with a .927 save percentage and fifth with a 2.06 GAA.

C Wes Walz earned his first two-goal game of the season Saturday and scored his second shorthanded goal of the season. Both Wild shorthanded goals this season have been scored by Walz and assisted by LW Antti Laaksonen.

Laaksonen and C Jim Dowd each tallied their fourth multi-point games of the season Saturday with two assists apiece. Dowd is second on the team in scoring with 16 points (2-14=16) and is tied for the team-lead in assist with 14.

LW Matt Johnson tied his career high for goals in a season with his fourth tally of the year in the first period.

(Not lifted from Wild.com) I think D Andrei Zyuzin also deserves mention. He's got 6 points in 9 games this month, and looks like he's playing with a much more offensive "nose" these days.

<a href="http://www.nhlmedia.com/NHLGmNtsv3.nsf/9637820a98289e5285256962005c3949/b68d6ad92249b9c385256e0400640892?OpenDocument">MN Game Notes</a>

<a href="http://www.nhlmedia.com/NHLGmNtsv3.nsf/9637820a98289e5285256962005c3949/49c3137a5ca0598385256e040063035a?OpenDocument">Lin eup Card</a>

I predict a 4-3 win...... for the Wild.. .what the heck, in OT.

Oh, Brandner and Park are expected to return, too.

NyCoN 12-23-2003 07:00 AM

I haven't seen Nashville this year, and i don't know how good they are.

I'll say 2-1 Wild :dunno:

Goals: Zyuzin, Brunno

ceber 12-23-2003 11:39 AM

Fernandez gets the start tonight, Dupuis and E Chouinard scratches.
(from Kevin Falness post on wild.com boards)

So, 1 man short of the limit.. maybe we should've hung onto Wanvig for a few more days.

theo6060 12-23-2003 11:52 AM

Dupuis scratched? Maybe it'll help get his head in the game.

I'll go with 3-2 win! Get a win right before the Christmas break.

Goals by M Chouinard, Bouchard 2.

ceber 12-23-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
Dupuis scratched? Maybe it'll help get his head in the game.

I'll go with 3-2 win! Get a win right before the Christmas break.

Goals by M Chouinard, Bouchard 2.

I think M Chouinard is still on IR.. I asked if E Chouinard was actually going to be scratched, thinking it may have been a typo, but have not seen a response yet. I believe we'll be 1 man under the limit the way it sits now.. kinda odd..

Dupuis might be scratched because of a new baby on the way.. I think they are due right around now, not sure. After he was scratched last game Lemaire made a point of saying it wasn't due to performance and that he'd (Dupuis) be back for the next game. :dunno:

theo6060 12-23-2003 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
I think M Chouinard is still on IR.. I asked if E Chouinard was actually going to be scratched, thinking it may have been a typo, but have not seen a response yet. I believe we'll be 1 man under the limit the way it sits now.. kinda odd..

Dupuis might be scratched because of a new baby on the way.. I think they are due right around now, not sure. After he was scratched last game Lemaire made a point of saying it wasn't due to performance and that he'd (Dupuis) be back for the next game. :dunno:

I'm out of the loop here! I thought it was because Dupuis only had 9 points in 24 games. Hopefully this new child will inspire him to get some more goals when he comes back.

barrytrotzsneck 12-23-2003 01:55 PM

I predict:

Preds- 2404
Wild- -3

or something like that :D

good luck!

ceber 12-23-2003 07:05 PM

Awww... so close. Nice to see the guys fight through for a point. Good for the confidence, at least.
Not the best game for either side, I'd imagine.
We had some seriously wonderful chances to put this one away, and just couldn't find the back of the net... or even the front, it seemed.
Oh well, maybe the break will do them good.

Oh, at one point Bouchard did such a nifty move I thought the Pred's dman was going to have to go back for his jock.. too bad he didn't score. :)

aylib 12-23-2003 07:08 PM

It was Rem Murray that got smoked by Bouchard, impressive nonetheless.