HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Koivu not happy with his new role. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=38223)

Malakhov 12-23-2003 10:36 AM

Koivu not happy with his new role.

According to RDS, Koivu is not that happy with his new powerplay role wich is playing on the left point.

They go as far as to say that he'd rather be at Ribeiro's place.

What's your take on this?

Since Julien put Koivu at the left point, our powerplay has been viscious, 6 goals on 11 occasions.

Mike8 12-23-2003 10:40 AM

Garbage. If Koivu feels that way, then get a quote. Otherwise it's garbage and we've gone over this journalistic integrity debate numerous times.

gohabsgo2010 12-23-2003 10:42 AM

Pure ****t from our jealous pals at RDS.

Malakhov 12-23-2003 10:42 AM

When we asked him if he liked to play at the point, Koivu answered: "It's different. It wouldn't be my first choice but it's fun. The vision of the game isn't the same"

Beatnik 12-23-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov
According to RDS, Koivu is not that happy with his new powerplay role wich is playing on the left point.

They go as far as to say that he'd rather be at Ribeiro's place.

What's your take on this?

Since Julien put Koivu at the left point, our powerplay has been viscious, 6 goals on 11 occasions.

he only said:

"C'est différent. Ça ne serait pas mon premier choix mais c'est le fun. La vision du jeu n'est pas la même."

"it's different. it would'nt be my first choice but it's fun. The vision of the game is'nt the same."

pretty bad interpretation by the Canadian Press journalism :(

rds.ca is a sport information site who often take their article from various source. In this case Canadian Press

Mike8 12-23-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

When we asked him if he liked to play at the point, Koivu answered: "It's different. It wouldn't be my first choice but it's fun. The vision of the game isn't the same"

I think that's reading a bit too much into what he's saying. If you or RDS wants to know whether he's unhappy about it, then ask that question directly; don't get an answer for another question then speculate on that answer.

And I'd really rather people get firm quotes on issues like this before coming here and starting another debate on Koivu vs Ribeiro, or Koivu's selfishness, yadda yadda yadda.

smnhppu 12-23-2003 10:50 AM

Quote:

It's a somewhat normal reaction, he's a feisty guy, and this is new for him. I just can't stand the fact that media (and even people in this forum) encourage a vision that he feels a competition with Ribeiro.

Quote:

C'est à la place de Ribeiro qu'il aimerait être.
It's good to have a bit of competition between your best players, but I'd like to think that Koivu is working to teach Ribs from his own experience.

I think it's obvious that he's rather be in a more "involved" position, where he can cycle and crash the net, but he'll grow to be as vital to our pp on the point as Alfredson is to Ottawa's. :yo:

Malakhov 12-23-2003 10:51 AM

Mike: It's not me. Since I do think that it's B.S myself, I was just trying to know what the other fans thought about this.

Mike8 12-23-2003 10:58 AM

Quote:

Mike: It's not me. Since I do think that it's B.S myself, I was just trying to know what the other fans thought about this.

Fair enough. Apologies for jumping on you a bit, just that there's a few dozen other threads centered around a couple of trolls claiming they know for a fact that Koivu's selfish and jealous of Ribeiro, or debating who's better between the two, and it's grown tiresome real quick. ;)

Malakhov 12-23-2003 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
Fair enough. Apologies for jumping on you a bit, just that there's a few dozen other threads centered around a couple of trolls claiming they know for a fact that Koivu's selfish and jealous of Ribeiro, or debating who's better between the two, and it's grown tiresome real quick. ;)

Hehe no problem :D

gunnerdom 12-23-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8

Anyway i read the article and it doesnt say anywhere that he is unhappy. So people are just jumping to conclusions. I just hate the part at the end of the article where RDS had to add, "C'est à la place de Ribeiro qu'il aimerait être." Now theirs no need for this kind of crap. They want to turn every little thing in a soap-opera.

Malakhov 12-23-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
Now theirs no need for this kind of crap. They want to turn every little thing in a soap-opera.

This is the biggest problem we have in Montreal. The team is doing EXTREMELY well right now, everyone is happy, life is good you'd think but nope, here comes the media trying to cause problems where there isn't any.

Marchy79 12-23-2003 11:04 AM

This quote is from the same guy who came in saying he is proud that our PP and PK is working much more efficiently than it has been in the beginning of the season???
I swear, if RDS is trying to ship Koivu out of town... We should lynch those fools and tar and feather them to boot. :madfire:

I definately heard Koivu talk about the recent success of the PP/PK... now where did RDS hear theirs? This quote where he was asked if the point was a desirable place? He is doing a great job there, WHY would he say this??? there is no substance behind the story...

I'd send ibeiro packing long before I'd even consider Koivu bait... Koivu is a better centerman than Ribeiro can ever dream to be, even though Rib's is leading in points (that'll be erased soon, Koivu will catch up shortly) As Koivu brings Begin's intensity on top of his better offensive game.

Mark my words, Koivu is leading us to the habs 25th Stanley cup... not Ribeiro.

Darz 12-23-2003 11:05 AM

Gotta love the montreal media. No matter what a player says it ALWAYS has to turn into something.

417 12-23-2003 11:06 AM

This is what I hate about french media, they are so hungry for a french superstar that they're trying to bring down Koivu and build up Ribeiro, nowhere in that article does it say he's not happy with his new role, and obviously he'd rather be playing where Ribeiro is because he is a center, duh?!

Haters!

Thomas 12-23-2003 11:06 AM

RDS is just trying to start another controversy. It was Hackett vs Theo, and now its Koivu vs Ribeiro. Its beyond me how with the use of this quote
Quote:

they can show that Koivu doesnt like his new role and wants Ribeiro's... He just mentioned it was different and that he wasnt used to it. Yet, they somehow manage to get that Koivu wants Ribeiro's job out of this. RDS is just like every other media in montreal, whether it be the bums on 110% or various reporters in the written press. Stop trying to make something out of nothing. The team is winning, yet they still need to screw up something.

417 12-23-2003 11:11 AM

The media are trying to bash Koivu so it can put pressure on the GM to make a move, the only problem with that is Bob Gainey is now the GM and he don't play that!

first it was -Turgeon vs. Damphousse vs. Koivu
then
Hackett vs. Theo
then
Hackett and Garon vs. Theo
now it's
koivu vs. Ribeiro

The media is a powerful entity but it no longer has power with BG in town, it's a good time to be a Habfan right now!

Marchy79 12-23-2003 11:18 AM

I gotta say Bob Gainey is the correct man for the job... But I'd love to see him throw egg on all these fools faces and tell RDS to shove it next year... give the TV contract to SRC !! It is becoming more blatantly obvious that RDS are a bunch of clowns!!! :madfire:

Team_Spirit 12-23-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatnik
he only said:

"C'est différent. Ça ne serait pas mon premier choix mais c'est le fun. La vision du jeu n'est pas la même."

"it's different. it would'nt be my first choice but it's fun. The vision of the game is'nt the same."

pretty bad interpretation by the Canadian Press journalism :(

rds.ca is a sport information site who often take their article from various source. In this case Canadian Press

That's right ... but they added i little line at the end :

Quote:

Quand on lui a demandé s'il aimait jouer à la pointe, Koivu a répondu: "C'est différent. Ça ne serait pas mon premier choix mais c'est le fun. La vision du jeu n'est pas la même." C'est à la place de Ribeiro qu'il aimerait être.
RDS.ca sucks real bad ... i wonder when the poll will be :

who's better Koivu or Ribeiro ?

:shakehead

Marc the Habs Fan 12-23-2003 11:22 AM

I hate RDS as well but this piece of ***** is now also on cyberpresse(word for word) so blame the CP...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/art...3,536572.shtml

VAN-HAB 12-23-2003 11:25 AM

yeah sometimes the French media goes too far, way too far trying maybe to get a controversy going and even maybe to get Saks out and Ribs on the first line.

Team_Spirit 12-23-2003 11:25 AM

also a little hihger in the text :

et Ribeiro fait le travail comme centre à l'attaque, manoeuvrant à la façon d'un Wayne Gretzky derrière le filet

... WTF , i saw Koivu behind the net a couple times too ... it's not like Ribs was doing this every game .

Beatnik 12-23-2003 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
The media is a powerful entity but it no longer has power with BG in town, it's a good time to be a Habfan right now!

come on... they are journalist what they want is to create reactions, and get attention. Specially a guys from the Canadian press who won't be publish if his article is not "sensationnal enough"

Right now it's an hot subjet and HF show a great exemple of this.
these a 3 different thread on this and they are the most active ones so....

Don't take it bad but I smell a bit of paranoïa about the ¨media power¨ as a singular entity in your post.

Jozeph_Balej :
The real problem is that a Ribiero Vs Koivu pool would get 2 times more vote than any other one...

Cloudigger 12-23-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

et Ribeiro fait le travail comme centre à l'attaque, manoeuvrant à la façon d'un Wayne Gretzky derrière le filet

... WTF , i saw Koivu behind the net a couple times too ... it's not like Ribs was doing this every game .

Koivu was also doing this when he was playing with Corson ...

Beatnik 12-23-2003 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

That what i hate of Canadian press we can't know who's the idiot who actually wrote this.