HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Souray Better Than Expected (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=38270)

Joe Malone 12-23-2003 01:36 PM

Souray Better Than Expected

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...=nhl-canadiens

TSN article....here's a part of it...

Here's how Souray describes what doctors did to his wrist:

"They put a screw in there, they took a bone out of my hip and put it in there,'' he said, pointing to various parts of the wrist and hand. "They took a bone out of my wrist with some vein and put it in there."

"They took a chunk of bone out of my knuckle with some vein and put it in there.''

I apologize for posting something that's NOT about Koivu and/or Ribiero. ;)

Munchausen 12-23-2003 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Malone
I apologize for posting something that's NOT about Koivu and/or Ribiero. ;)

Yeah yeah great for Souray and all, but just how would Ribeiro's wrist hold if he ever had that same operation? Who would heal the fastest between him and Koivu and, more importantly, which one would we choose to keep after the operation? Because we all know only one well repaired forward's wrist in each team is the rule of thumb. So much vital questions, so little time to answer... :D

Bill McNeal 12-23-2003 01:58 PM

pfft... We all know Ribeiro is jealous of Koivu's wrist... Err, that sounds wrong.

Back on topic, I'm glad Souray is getting recognition. Just hoping he doesn't get too much. I prefer it when other teams are surprised by how good he is and don't think a "defensive" d-man will jump into the rush.

Munchausen 12-23-2003 01:58 PM

Quote:

And he straightened out his home life in August, 2002, marrying actress-model Angelica Bridges, the red-headed former Baywatch regular who both GQ and FHM magazines listed as one of the world's 100 most beautiful women.
That would give strenght to any man.

Joe Malone 12-23-2003 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Yeah yeah great for Souray and all, but just how would Ribeiro's wrist hold if he ever had that same operation? Who would heal the fastest between him and Koivu and, more importantly, which one would we choose to keep after the operation? Because we all know only one well repaired forward's wrist in each team is the rule of thumb. So much vital questions, so little time to answer... :D

O.K., O.K, I give up!! Everything relates to Koivu/Ribiero. :D

Darz 12-24-2003 06:35 AM

I really believe the year off and the fact that he watched 82 games from the press box made Souray a better player.
Think about it. A full year of watching your teammates making the right decisions and in many cases the wrong decisions. Seeing situations develop where maybe a dman should of pinched but didn't and vice versa. Many of these things you don't notice as a player on the ice. That's why imo, when a rooki has to sit and watch a game from the press box, I don't get to upset. If he takes advantage of it and looks at it as an opportunity, it possiblely could be benifital as I believe it was it Souray's case.

I also beleive the year off probablely gave Souray a new found appreciation and desire to play the game. That and time to get enough at home ;) that he doesn't have to think about it during the game.

KILLger 12-24-2003 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I really believe the year off and the fact that he watched 82 games from the press box made Souray a better player.
Think about it. A full year of watching your teammates making the right decisions and in many cases the wrong decisions. Seeing situations develop where maybe a dman should of pinched but didn't and vice versa. Many of these things you don't notice as a player on the ice. That's why imo, when a rooki has to sit and watch a game from the press box, I don't get to upset. If he takes advantage of it and looks at it as an opportunity, it possiblely could be benifital as I believe it was it Souray's case.

I also beleive the year off probablely gave Souray a new found appreciation and desire to play the game. That and time to get enough at home ;) that he doesn't have to think about it during the game.

Kilger should take a year off then... F@ck I want him to succeed! Find some desire, something... puh-lease! Your one and only fan... :)

Darz 12-24-2003 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger
Kilger should take a year off then... F@ck I want him to succeed! Find some desire, something... puh-lease! Your one and only fan... :)

I agree. I still have a feeling Kilger could become a fairly useful player if we injected him with the type of desire that the Begin's, Ryder's and Koivu's show on a nightly basis.

Thomas 12-24-2003 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger

Being a Kilger fan aint easy, you support him and other posters jump all over you. :dunno:

KILLger 12-24-2003 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas
Being a Kilger fan aint easy, you support him and other posters jump all over you. :dunno:

I know, I know... ;)

Seriously, he is frustrating to watch as he could be much better than what he shows, some nights. He's such a gifted guy and uses only parts of it. If Begin had his package... (or Bouillon, eventhough I dispise him, he's got loads of heart)

caper13 12-24-2003 03:39 PM

first of all i think markov should be playing with sourey until he gets his confidence back at least.kilger has the potential to make an impact with this team maybe bg should take him home for x_mas and give him a fire side chat....it cant hurt . :yo: :dunno: