HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Who will the Rangers sign? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=383903)

King Henrik 05-27-2007 09:27 PM

Who will the Rangers sign?

Any of the BIG three? I dont think we sign any.

BJo 05-27-2007 09:41 PM

I think it depends on Shanahan. If he resigns then they probably won't sign drury, briere, or Gomez. But if Shanny doesn't sign I could see the Rags bringing in one of those three guys. If i was them i wouldn't resign Shanny. He had a good year and is a great player and still quite effective. But if you have the opportunity to sign one of those three guys for 4 or 5 years I think it puts the organization in a better place in the present and future.

gers* 05-27-2007 09:49 PM

havent we had about 100 of these threads already?

King Henrik 05-27-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvisbisk (Post 9387569)
havent we had about 100 of these threads already?

It's my first day here sorry. I should have scanned the board first.

Inferno 05-27-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Henrik (Post 9387599)

the firing squad will be assembled at dawn.

jk, lol, dont worry about it, just read through some of the other threads, weve talked a lot about this, particularly in the Forsberg thread down a few links....

King Henrik 05-27-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 9387742)
the firing squad will be assembled at dawn.

jk, lol, dont worry about it, just read through some of the other threads, weve talked a lot about this, particularly in the Forsberg thread down a few links....

lol, Illmake sure next time. What's your story I see Georgia.

in the hall 05-27-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Henrik (Post 9387599)

don't worry about it. some people ***** about everything

i don't think they sign any as well but show interest in gomez and drury. i also think shanny comes back.

Inferno 05-27-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Henrik (Post 9387797)
lol, Illmake sure next time. What's your story I see Georgia.

well, born and raised in NY, moved to NJ for HS and college (rutgers) and moved to atlanta for a job w/ BellSouth. have since left the company to try other things.

many transplanted fans down south. truth be told, its much much much nicer here than up north (in my opinion)

I Am Chariot 05-27-2007 10:40 PM

I think they pass on Gomer, Drury, Briere because to price will be to high.

I think they could sign Forsberg. A good move imo

They also could put together a big time trade to bring a center like Marleau of Richards to NYR

I also wont be surprised if Ryan Smyth ends up a Ranger

Inferno 05-27-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleandshoot (Post 9387849)

They also could put together a big time trade to bring a center like Marleau of Richards to NYR

the only way i see that happening is if Shanny doesnt come back, and the only way i see shanny not coming back is if he decides its time to call it a career.

before i get accosted, let me just say, these are my OPINIONS, im not stating them as facts, nor do i have any inside knowledge of these things.

(covering my butt, too many people have gotten on others for saying stuff like that)

Onion Boy 05-27-2007 10:47 PM

I could see them signing one of Drury or Gomez. If they don't sign either of them, I bet they will bring in a center through trade. I highly doubt the Rangers sign Briere.

in the hall 05-27-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

eh I don't know about that. if you paid any attention to his comments and the feeling when the Isles acquired him, it certainly didn't seem as though he is even open to the thought of major relocating. who knows how he feels since. maybe the isles won him over

King Henrik 05-27-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 9387830)
well, born and raised in NY, moved to NJ for HS and college (rutgers) and moved to atlanta for a job w/ BellSouth. have since left the company to try other things.

many transplanted fans down south. truth be told, its much much much nicer here than up north (in my opinion)

Im from Brooklyn now live in Staten Island. I don't think I can ever leave here lol. I wouldnt be able to go to any Ranger games!!!!

Inferno 05-27-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall (Post 9387894)
eh I don't know about that. if you paid any attention to his comments and the feeling when the Isles acquired him, it certainly didn't seem as though he is even open to the thought of major relocating. who knows how he feels since. maybe the isles won him over

also, rumor has it the Isles have offered him anywhere from 6-10 years (depending on who you hear it from). nobody is going to come close to matching that for this guy.

Finest 05-27-2007 11:21 PM

I dont think there is any way the Rangers get Smyth, IMO he is going to be an Islander or go back to a western team. As for the other three, I personally think Drury would be the most likely to being wearing a Rangers sweater, but stranger things have happened.

BJo 05-27-2007 11:40 PM

I'd think twice before signing Briere or Drury. Drury is a 50-60 point guy who happened to have a real good year this year with 37 goals. He won't put those numbbers up with a less offensively skilled team. Yea he's clutch in the playoffs, but i think his skill level is being extremely overrated at this point. I wouldn't spend nearly the amount on him as i would on Gomez. Briere has had injury problems throughout his career right? I'd be worried about his health, especially in terms of giving him a long term contract.

funky 05-28-2007 12:48 AM

The Rangers have elite goaltending, a decent defence and a solid 1st, 3rd and 4th line. Concentrate on the 2nd line.

Hartnell - big physical bull that can score 25 goals and is only 25 years old.
Prucha - already have him, Big Hartnell creates more space for Prucha

that leaves a center. I don't see any good fits on the free agent market, with the exeption of Forsberg, if h signed a 1 yr contract so I figure thy will need to go the trade route. Not a whole lot out there that wouldn't cost us the farm. I would try Horcroff out of Edmonton for the hole at center. 2 years left at 3.6 per yr. Maybe they would take Malik of our hands with a pick or secondary prospect. After all they are rebuilding.

hlundqvist30* 05-28-2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky (Post 9388547)
The Rangers have elite goaltending, a decent defence and a solid 1st, 3rd and 4th line. Concentrate on the 2nd line.

that leaves a center. I don't see any good fits on the free agent market, with the exeption of Forsberg, if h signed a 1 yr contract so I figure thy will need to go the trade route. Not a whole lot out there that wouldn't cost us the farm. I would try Horcroff out of Edmonton for the hole at center. 2 years left at 3.6 per yr. Maybe they would take Malik of our hands with a pick or secondary prospect. After all they are rebuilding.

These are my thoughts. Everyone is expecting the Rangers to sign Drury, Gomez, Briere, Timmonen, etc. All I'm expecting is a #4 type defenseman, and a 2nd line caliber player. The Rangers problem is not having a 2nd line we have 2 3rd lines. If you want teams to stop quaduple teaming Jagr, you've got to give them somebody else to cover besides Marcel Hossa.

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-28-2007 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky (Post 9388547)

Hartnell is the same age as Hossa and much bigger upside and would no mind him replacing him. Hartnell also plays a more physical game that we can use, and can score.

RangerSteve 05-28-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 9388675)
These are my thoughts. Everyone is expecting the Rangers to sign Drury, Gomez, Briere, Timmonen, etc. All I'm expecting is a #4 type defenseman, and a 2nd line caliber player. The Rangers problem is not having a 2nd line we have 2 3rd lines. If you want teams to stop quaduple teaming Jagr, you've got to give them somebody else to cover besides Marcel Hossa.

We certainly have plenty of those already.

I Am Chariot 05-28-2007 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 9388104)
I dont think there is any way the Rangers get Smyth, IMO he is going to be an Islander or go back to a western team.

Dont all great Oilers end up Rangers in the end.:naughty:

The Thomas J.* 05-28-2007 04:18 AM

Quote:

Ok..........
Richards, Doubtfull
Forsberg NO!
Smyth, UGH NO
MARLEAU, YES!

Finest 05-28-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleandshoot (Post 9388736)
Dont all great Oilers end up Rangers in the end.:naughty:

Very true lol, but I still dont see it happening. But like I said stranger things have happened :)

jas 05-28-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 9389022)
Ok..........
Richards, Doubtfull
Forsberg NO!
Smyth, UGH NO
MARLEAU, YES!

Actually, I think the Rangers have a better shot at getting Richards, as opposed to Marleau. They match up better with what TB might want/need. Plus, they could use such a deal to move out salaries like Cullen and/or Malik.

chosen 05-28-2007 11:47 AM

Gomez is the perfect fit for us. A center who can gain the offensive zone, a skill owned by far too few present Rangers but I doubt we'll even make an attempt at him.