HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Possible Ranger Deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=38938)

Perry91502 12-27-2003 08:48 AM

Possible Ranger Deal

We have all been hearing rumors lately about the Bruins/Rangers trade talks involving Poti....I read something in the Toronto Star a few days ago (Christmas day I believe), saying that there was two possible deals on the table

Deal #1
Tom Poti for Hal Gill

Deal #2
Tom Poti+Anson Carter for Hal Gill/Jeff Jillson+PJ Axellsson

In the 2nd proposal, it was unclear if Glen Sather wants Gill or Jillson. What would everyone think about these proposals? Just a rumor I heard, Id rather see #1 I think

Drury77 12-27-2003 08:56 AM

I'm not sold on Poti at all, don't think he really gives us the overall improvement on the blueline we need. Sure we need an offensive minded D-man but we also need someone who can be relied on in the defensive zone.

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE AXE GET TRADED!!!

I certainly hope that OC values him more than this. I would be highly ticked if we traded him. I mean sure he doesn't put up big points but he is a huge part of why this team succeeds. When he isn't in the lineup it's very noticeable.

Gator Mike 12-27-2003 09:27 AM

Agreed...

DON'T TRADE AXELSSON!!!

neelynugs 12-27-2003 10:08 AM

gill for poti makes sense for both teams. carter will not be coming back to boston. and axe/jillson are 2 guys that shouldn't be traded. if it's not a 1 for 1 swap, i say don't make the deal.

Magnus Fulgur 12-27-2003 11:09 AM

poti

i'm okay with a one for one of gill for poti, but shouldn't we be going for bigger fish. What about Gonchar or Schneider? We put Berard through the ringer needlessly only to replace him with Poti -for MORE money? That really makes MOC look bad.

Pierce34* 12-27-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Mike
Agreed...

DON'T TRADE AXELSSON!!!

Yup. I'd move Joe long before I'd move Axe.

don 12-27-2003 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry91502
We have all been hearing rumors lately about the Bruins/Rangers trade talks involving Poti....I read something in the Toronto Star a few days ago (Christmas day I believe), saying that there was two possible deals on the table

Deal #1
Tom Poti for Hal Gill

Deal #2

In the 2nd proposal, it was unclear if Glen Sather wants Gill or Jillson. What would everyone think about these proposals? Just a rumor I heard, Id rather see #1 I think

Cabin Mirror 12-27-2003 01:00 PM

I'm a fan of Carter. I'd like to see him come back to Boston, but not if the cost was Jillson or Axelsson. They're too valuable to trade for someone like Carter. Hopefully it won't happen.

DKH 12-27-2003 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry91502

Deal #1
Tom Poti for Hal Gill

Deal #2

I think some guy or girl was sitting on his computer and said, "hmm, I know, I'll come up with this Poti-Carter for Jillson-Axelsson trade"

YOU HAVE BETTER ODDS TO GO DO CORNER VARIETY AND PLAY POWER BALL AND WIN OR WRITE TO FAVORITE SUPER MODEL ASKING FOR DATE AND HAVE THEM SHOW UP IN AN HOUR LOOKING FOR A GOOD TIME.

Take out Carter who the Broons front office is not fond of, Jillson who they are, Axelsson who they are and keep Gill in it because he's feasible. The rest forget about it. Proposed by some poster probably killing a few minutes before heading out or waiting to eat- no more.

That trade is so absurb I'd love to see the link- my contention its right up there with me saying the Broons are going to deal Murray & Boynton for Ashem, Scatchard and Hamerlik.

Mayhem 12-27-2003 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH
I think some guy or girl was sitting on his computer and said, "hmm, I know, I'll come up with this Poti-Carter for Jillson-Axelsson trade"

YOU HAVE BETTER ODDS TO GO DO CORNER VARIETY AND PLAY POWER BALL AND WIN OR WRITE TO FAVORITE SUPER MODEL ASKING FOR DATE AND HAVE THEM SHOW UP IN AN HOUR LOOKING FOR A GOOD TIME.

Take out Carter who the Broons front office is not fond of, Jillson who they are, Axelsson who they are and keep Gill in it because he's feasible. The rest forget about it. Proposed by some poster probably killing a few minutes before heading out or waiting to eat- no more.

That trade is so absurb I'd love to see the link- my contention its right up there with me saying the Broons are going to deal Murray & Boynton for Ashem, Scatchard and Hamerlik.

So your saying I have a chance! YESSSSSSS!!!!