HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sat, Dec 27 : St. Johns VS Hamilton - GT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=38995)

Team_Spirit 12-27-2003 01:07 PM

Sat, Dec 27 : St. Johns VS Hamilton - GT

http://www.canoe.ca/AHL/News/2003/12/27/298162.html

http://slam.canoe.ca/BulldogsImages/banner_img1.jpg

Alexander Perezhogin was the hero for the Dogs at their last game with 2 goals in a 2-2 tie .

The Puck drop at 7pm .

Boutmania 12-27-2003 02:49 PM

2-0 Bulldogs

Ron Hainsey ( Perezhogin , Ferland )

Alex Perezhogin (on a killing streak!) ( Svitov, Hainsey)

1st Period is over.

Team_Spirit 12-27-2003 02:59 PM

Savard must be smiling like a little kid right now :p

penopekoo 12-27-2003 03:36 PM

5-0 now

Period 1
Hamilton - Ron Hainsey (Alexander Perezhogin, Jonathan Ferland) 1:48
Hamilton - Alexander Perezhogin (powerplay) (Alexander Svitov, Ron Hainsey) 8:24

Period 2
Hamilton - Alexander Perezhogin (Ron Hainsey, Alexander Svitov) 5:33
Hamilton - Duncan Milroy (Marcel Hossa, Alexander Svitov) 15:09
Hamilton - Alexander Svitov (shorthanded) (Jonathan Ferland) 18:31

Two goals and an assist for Perezhogin.
Two assists for Hainsey and Ferland.

Boutmania 12-27-2003 03:40 PM

First professional goal by Milroy

Team_Spirit 12-27-2003 03:40 PM

The Dogs will probaly slow down during the 3rd period as they play a 3rd straight game tomorrow ( in afternoon i think ) .

Nice Perezhogin is on fire :)
So far:
Hainsey 3pts
Perezhogin 3pts
Svitov 4pts

Munchausen 12-27-2003 03:45 PM

Is this the start of the explosion we were all hoping for in Perezhogin's case?

Also, Hainsey's lighting it up. Hmmm...

Rahan 12-27-2003 03:49 PM

Perezhogin has two goals and 1 assist so far tonight. That's 5 points in two games! Milroy just scored, too.

Vicious 12-27-2003 04:50 PM

I am really really happy to see Perezhogin finally explode :)

montreal 12-27-2003 05:12 PM

I think Perezhogin has 5 goals in his last 3 games, no? two tonight, two last night thats for sure.

Dogs are looking solid again this year. They are on tv tuesday night

Way to go Ferland I think that's his first two point game
Way to go Milroy on your 1st professional goal

Razorblade 12-27-2003 05:29 PM

Definitely the best game of the year (at home at least) for the Dogs. They took it to the Leafs in every aspect of the game, the talent displayed by all the Dogs tonight was impressive.

Perezhogin is really coming on, and his 4 goals in two nights proves it. His puckhandling ability made every Leafs defenceman look like he was standing still.

If the Habs are going to get anyone from the Lightning, its gotta be Alexander Svitov. This guy is the next big thing, he is amazing in every aspect of the game. He split the defence on a really nice play to dish off to Perezhogin on a nice little goal.

Ron Hainsey has a lot of confidence right now, and isn't afraid to rush the puck at all. He is ready to be called up, and I think he would be there if it weren't for the glut of defencemen already there. Got three points tonight, well deserved.

Honourable mentions go to Jonathan Ferland, who easily played his best game of the year, and congrats to Duncan Milroy, as his good effort had gone unrewarded until tonight. As for the future of the Leafs, it looks pretty bad, no one at all stood out for them.

BTW, the experiment at the game tonight was a success in my mind. Although when I walked into the arena and saw 3 foot wide blue lines and centre red line I laughed to myself, it later proved to be a great addition to the game. More time to keep the puck in the zone, longer passes, and it seemed to create more odd man rushes. Definitely something the NHL should examine closely.

Medicine Twin 12-27-2003 05:34 PM

I was so sure earlier this week that Perezhogin wouldn't be ready to make the jump to the NHL at the start of next season. He's starting to prove me wrong.

Call up Hainsey already!!! :yo:

NWT Habs Fan 12-27-2003 06:54 PM

Great wins by the young guns, and against the Baby Laffs it is even more special. Game two of 7 in 9 nights. Wow!! Lots of Dogs hockey these days.

Corey 12-27-2003 07:56 PM

Overlooked in all this were the goal and 3 assists by Svitov. Is he starting to come out of his funk? Maybe Tortorella will call him up and send down Lecavalier.

Necrophile 12-27-2003 08:18 PM

Did anyone actually see the game? How did Perezhogin play (I know how many points he has, I want to know how he played)?

And what of Hainsey, is he still used in all situations by Jarvis? Is he ready to be called up again?

Thanks for any and all info, guys!

Kerberos* 12-27-2003 08:23 PM

Sorry guys for geing the biggest ignorant in the world but since when is Svitov with the habs? I blame my ignorance on engineering in general :D .

Boutmania 12-27-2003 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos
Sorry guys for geing the biggest ignorant in the world but since when is Svitov with the habs? I blame my ignorance on engineering in general :D .

He is one of the four Tampa Bay players who play with Hamilton. Habs an Bolts have a contract that says that Tampa could sent 4 players to the Hamilton Bulldogs.

sergevlem 12-27-2003 10:58 PM

blue and red lines

hehehe in that game, they played with extra large blue and red lines...

about 2 feet wide each...

players and coaches seemed to love it

strange to see

Razorblade 12-28-2003 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophile
Did anyone actually see the game? How did Perezhogin play (I know how many points he has, I want to know how he played)?

And what of Hainsey, is he still used in all situations by Jarvis? Is he ready to be called up again?

Perezhogin is definitely coming on, between him and Svitov (as they usually play on the same line) they had the most offensive chances, and converted the most as well. Perezhogin is an excellent puckhandler, and made the defence look stupid on more than 1 occasion.

Last night, Hainsey may have become the no.1 defenceman in Steel Town. Although Dykhuis and Beauchemin make up the top defensive pairing, Hainsey was definitely the best defenceman, leading the rush, and making several good plays in the defensive zone. Besides a lot of PP time, also had quite a bit of PK time. Hainsey is definitely ready to be called up, if Montreal has the space.He is playing with Jean-Phillipe Cote right now, and they seemed to work pretty good together.

deandebean 12-28-2003 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergevlem
hehehe in that game, they played with extra large blue and red lines...

about 2 feet wide each...

players and coaches seemed to love it

strange to see

Monsieur Vleminckx, the blue line experiment is stupid. Just bring the blue line 4-5 feet inside from where it's at right now, and bring the net back closer to the boards and you'll see the difference.

You need a bigger center ice zone without touching the offensive zone.

Plus, give us back the delayed off side.

habitants9_4 12-28-2003 08:27 AM

The thicker lines worked out great for Perezhogin, which is what I thought would happen. It adds more space in the neutral zone without taking any away. It is a great idea, that I hope to see more of in the near future.

Munchausen 12-28-2003 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
You need a bigger center ice zone without touching the offensive zone.

Well this is exactly what the larger lines do. I think it's actually quite a neat idea to cope with the small ice surface.

Having 3' wide blue lines means you keep the space you had before in the opposing zone while adding to the neutral zone. It's like you just added 6' to the lenght of the ice, because it's the edges of the lines that will determine the offsides. So it's the inside edge (opposite zone side) that determines the limit of the offensive zone and the outside edge (defensive zone) that determines the center ice limit. Therefore, with the 3' blue lines, it's like having a 6' wider neutral zone while keeping the same offensive zone dimensions and not taking away the space behind the net. And the 3' wide red line also means you can try the bomb from your own zone about 1'6" farther. While it's not the end of the world, it's enough to make the difference for a fast player between a breakaway and an interception. Works for me. It's actually a very economic and easy way to give more maneuvering room to the talented players without creating bigger rinks or taking away the space behind the net.

Not sure if what I just said was really clear. I added a drawing of the modifications I found on the Internet.

deandebean 12-28-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Well this is exactly what the larger lines do. I think it's actually quite a neat idea to cope with the small ice surface.

Having 3' wide blue lines means you keep the space you had before in the opposing zone while adding to the neutral zone. It's like you just added 6' to the lenght of the ice, because it's the edges of the lines that will determine the offsides. So it's the inside edge (opposite zone side) that determines the limit of the offensive zone and the outside edge (defensive zone) that determines the center ice limit. Therefore, with the 3' blue lines, it's like having a 6' wider neutral zone while keeping the same offensive zone dimensions and not taking away the space behind the net. And the 3' wide red line also means you can try the bomb from your own zone about 1'6" farther. While it's not the end of the world, it's enough to make the difference for a fast player between a breakaway and an interception. Works for me. It's actually a very economic and easy way to give more maneuvering room to the talented players without creating bigger rinks or taking away the space behind the net.

Not sure if what I just said was really clear. I added a drawing of the modifications I found on the Internet.

I know what you mean. But the space behind the net is artificial. It's got no specific use. It was put there because some great hockey mind thought that all players would become Gretzkies. What it did is shrink the central zone. And helped teams playing the neutral zone trap. Just like the old Gaaaden and the Aud in Buffalo had smaller neutral zone.

They should stop tinkering with the enrobage and start tinkering with the men in black and white instead. That would make a world of difference. Go back to the old zones, give me the delayed off sides and the automatic icings.

The wider lines are an abberation. Did they tinker with the size of the bases in baseball when the offence went down the toilet? Why tinker with lines?

Medicine Twin 12-29-2003 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
The wider lines are an abberation. Did they tinker with the size of the bases in baseball when the offence went down the toilet? Why tinker with lines?

No, they wound up the baseballs tighter and put everyone on steroids. :joker: You can't compare hockey to baseball as baseball is not a contact sport.