HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Congratulations Scott Walker (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39060)

Dave is a killer 12-27-2003 06:45 PM

Congratulations Scott Walker

He should be named Mayor of Glendale, because he's got the Coyotes NUMBER

6 points in 2 games vs the Coyotes

:yo: :handclap: :bow:

Enoch 12-27-2003 07:28 PM

Yeah so....what happened tonight. I missed the whole game b/c I was at work. I see that once again we got screwed with a disallowed goal b/c of the officials. God......it happens to us nightly.

triggrman 12-27-2003 07:34 PM

Walker, Erat, Legwand and Zidlicky owned the night. Tootoo won another fight, refs sucked again.

Dave is a killer 12-27-2003 07:35 PM

his goal was scored on a BEAUTIFUL Passing play from Kimmo from the left circle, to Zids at the line and back down to the slot for the goal, just as Phoenix's man was coming out of the box and into the zone...and Walks buried it far side to the left of Burke's pad

barrytrotzsneck 12-27-2003 09:27 PM

zidlicky's goal was one of the best i've seen all year. i'd LOVE to see him centering erat and orszagh. arkhipov demoted to the fourth line. the little bit i saw of gamache..i was actually kind of impressed with. it was a limited exposure, but he seemed to be hustling out there. not going to do much on a line with arkhipov and mckenzie, but gotta start at the bottom, i guess. vokoun had a solid night, though the goal was a little soft... but it shouldn't have happened anyway, because savaged mowed leggy down with a high stick...no call. the whistle was quick on legwand's goal, but we came out with the win, and that's all i really care about. defense looked absolutely spectacular all night. erat, walker, legwand all had great nights. everyone else was okay...but the only "bad" i'm going to give out(besides the obligatory to arkhipov) is to greg johnson. for a while now...he seems...off his game, i guess. he can't hold on to the puck, his passes are all WAY off target...and is it just me, or is he thrown out of the faceoff circle almost EVERY time he's up? hopefully it's just a slump, because he's playing possibly the worst i've ever seen him.

all in all...glad to spoil the housewarming party :yo:

lstcyr 12-28-2003 08:41 AM

I'm not sure I'd call winning 57% of the faceoffs a slump. Johnson was 12 of 21 against Phoenix. http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/FC020529.HTM

barrytrotzsneck 12-28-2003 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstcyr
I'm not sure I'd call winning 57% of the faceoffs a slump. Johnson was 12 of 21 against Phoenix. http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/FC020529.HTM

i wasn't referring to his faceoffs(other than to mention the fact that he gets thrown out of the circle A LOT.) i was referring to everything else.

Enoch 12-28-2003 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
i wasn't referring to his faceoffs(other than to mention the fact that he gets thrown out of the circle A LOT.) i was referring to everything else.

Well, part of the blame should be shifted to Trotz who is throwing Jeremy stevenson and Jordin Tootoo out as his linemates. With Johansson back in the line up, I think his game will begin to pick up. He has been struggling a bit, I agree, but I think he just needs a goal/or a few points to get back on track.

belle 12-28-2003 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Well, part of the blame should be shifted to Trotz who is throwing Jeremy stevenson and Jordin Tootoo out as his linemates. With Johansson back in the line up, I think his game will begin to pick up. He has been struggling a bit, I agree, but I think he just needs a goal/or a few points to get back on track.

Is Johansson expected back sometime soon? In Pete & Terry's "injury report" (Friday or last night), Johannson was not even mentioned. They just listed Allison, Hartnell and Upshall ==> the order of the expected returns.

Devils Advocate 12-28-2003 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
He should be named Mayor of Glendale, because he's got the Coyotes NUMBER

6 points in 2 games vs the Coyotes

:yo: :handclap: :bow:

He sure does. Since I made a point of coming to your boards earlier & making a point about Nashville not having players the caliber of Doan or Nagy which lead to a comment from one of you about Walker's Hat Trick in the game against Phoenix in Nashville, I just want to be a stand-up fan & say that I won't be able to eat for the next few days given all the crow I've eaten thanks to Mr. Walker. Had to cringe after every goal when they announced the goals/assists. He was the #1 star of the game.

While I'll stick by my comment about Doan & Nagy's overall abilities in comparison to Walker, I have no hesitation in saying Walker outplayed both Nagy & Doan in both games. And again, as I said before, I have utmost respect for Walker's heart & ability as well as the rest of your team.

Good luck & I hope the Yotes & Preds can grab the 7/8 playoff spots & upset the high seeds!

Peace~!

Enoch 12-29-2003 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belle
Is Johansson expected back sometime soon? In Pete & Terry's "injury report" (Friday or last night), Johannson was not even mentioned. They just listed Allison, Hartnell and Upshall ==> the order of the expected returns.

Well he was supposed to be back awhile ago, but concussions are always strange injuries. The aftereffects, especially in hockey, can last for a long time. I'm guessign that they are not wanting to rush Andreas right now, or he could be trying to get back into shape for game play. I really have no idea what his status is as of now.