HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Taking Bets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39068)

capn89* 12-27-2003 07:18 PM

Taking Bets

Alright, it seems like a good enough thing to bet on... When will the Flyers exit this "we forgot how to win" streak, and go on another winning streak (meaning 4 to 6 games without a loss)?

BrindA17 12-27-2003 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
Alright, it seems like a good enough thing to bet on... When will the Flyers exit this "we forgot how to win" streak, and go on another winning streak (meaning 4 to 6 games without a loss)?

I bet we'll return to our winning ways on this day:
Fri. 1/2 5:00 pm @Florida Panthers

RoDu 12-27-2003 07:32 PM

when Esche gets back, that's when

capn89* 12-27-2003 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17
I bet we'll return to our winning ways on this day:
Fri. 1/2 5:00 pm @Florida Panthers

I don't know... what if they suck it up, and they use the "Hot Goalie" excuse they Flyers always seem to use? Some times they make it seem like every team we play they have a "hot goalie." Let's face it, Colorado is a high powered offensive machine, but they only scored 3 goals... Which would explain why we're one of the best defensive teams in the NHL, but the kid Colorado had in net isn't Patrick Roy, and maybe I'll eat my words in a few years, but I doubt you'll be hearing his name as a starter in a few years. It's a game the Flyers should have won, especially with those 2 minutes of 5 on 3 power play time.

BrindA17 12-27-2003 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
I don't know... what if they suck it up, and they use the "Hot Goalie" excuse they Flyers always seem to use? Some times they make it seem like every team we play they have a "hot goalie." Let's face it, Colorado is a high powered offensive machine, but they only scored 3 goals... Which would explain why we're one of the best defensive teams in the NHL, but the kid Colorado had in net isn't Patrick Roy, and maybe I'll eat my words in a few years, but I doubt you'll be hearing his name as a starter in a few years. It's a game the Flyers should have won, especially with those 2 minutes of 5 on 3 power play time.

What's your bet as to when we get out of this slump? I picked Florida simply because we've had our way with them these last couple seasons.

capn89* 12-28-2003 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17
What's your bet as to when we get out of this slump? I picked Florida simply because we've had our way with them these last couple seasons.

Well I'd have to agree with you, based on my question when we break out of this slump doesn't mean win one and then lose the next five, it means 4 to 6 games without a loss, and since the schedule goes:

Florida
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Florida
Edmonton
Pittsburgh
Buffalo

I would say that's an opportune time to pick up some W's. The only team in there that really has anyone decent is Tampa Bay with Khabibulin... other than that, the other teams are pretty much garbage.

DanKordicsFist 12-28-2003 07:07 AM

I think when Esche can play a string of games without sitting. I think the players will respond to him in net. It seemed, last night in Colorado, the players were caught running around because they don't want to leave anything up to Hackett. This put them out of position on the last 2 goals by the 'lanche.

With Esche in net, I like their chances against ANY team in the league. The players may still try to do too much for Esche's sake but they probably won't be as unfocused as when Hackett is backstopping them, or not backstopping is probably more to the point.

Hitch made some lame excuse for Hackett the other day, saying he is a guy who is routine oriented and playing this much is taking him out of his "routine". Well, let him get his sitting and watching routine back on a daily basis.

Cuiff 12-29-2003 03:35 AM

Thsi team is what it is........Average. At this time I see another second round exit.....if were lucky!

Rails 12-29-2003 12:02 PM

One of my friends is going to the Philly - Pittsburgh game. He happens to be a Pens fan, so the guys MUST win that game so I can gloat.

capn89* 01-03-2004 06:41 PM

So... taking new bets... everyone seemed to think Florida would be the start of winning ways, but they only went two... so, when will we go another 4 to 6 games without a loss?

And I should mention, the Flyers were a disgrace against Tampa Bay... they're an eastern conference team that they'll play again this year (I'm pretty sure of at least) where are their balls? How come there were no fights once the game was out of reach? At least the Philly Phantoms have some courage to win, lose & fight as a team. LeClair got cut at the end, so how come we didn't we drop the gloves at let any of their blood?

Another thing that is very tiring is the excuses that are made "road trip" blah blah blah. Tampa sucks, the Flyers are one of the best teams in the NHL, there's no reason for the entire team to play like a bunch of lazy *****... not to mention those gigantic chunks of swiss cheese they call goaltenders.

Then the local announcers mentioned how Fedotenko is a streaky player... and be it true or not, I like the guy as I like the flyers, and I'd like to know how come they don't mention how streaky the flyers are... they seem to do it every year (as if it's a curse) win a billion games, and then go mediocre the rest of the way... so that they still make the playoffs as a decent seed, but because they only got to the stop off a streak, they never do jack in the playoffs.

It's so frustrating.

blah 01-03-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Thsi team is what it is........Average. At this time I see another second round exit.....if were lucky!

Wow, how long did it take you to think this one out?

FlyersGuy69 01-03-2004 09:13 PM

I don't know if the Flyers are going to have another streak like had a little while ago. the seasons is to long and they were dew to put some bad games together. if Hackett can get back to playing steady and Esche gets back into the grove he was in when he got hurt, then things will turn around quicker.