HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds Re-Sign Smithson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=390849)

Joe T Choker 06-19-2007 03:52 PM

Preds Re-Sign Smithson

Well some uuuhhh good news

barrytrotzsneck 06-19-2007 03:54 PM

Good move. I like him more than Fiddler, honestly. Useful utility player\PK guy.

Seth Lake 06-19-2007 05:05 PM

Great signing IMO. Not a sexy signing at all, but Smithson has stated his "Love" for the Nashville market and desire to re-sign here for a couple of years. I'm glad they could get it done in a quick fashion.

Now lets see if we can re-sign Zanon and I'll be happy with those signings in addition to our RFA's getting done before June 30th.

Fattal 06-19-2007 05:05 PM

Thats better then Hartnell :sarcasm:

Seth Lake 06-19-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattal (Post 9599559)
Thats better then Hartnell :sarcasm:

Another hit and go poster. What a stupid and outlandish thought. If you and others intend on posting something that stupid every time we sign a free agent this summer...then go away.

Not that I want to get into a Hartnell debate here, but Hartnell's contract demands were simply out of reach for the Predators and we got back our first-round pick for two assets that were going to be lost with no compensation in just 12 days.

Enoch 06-19-2007 08:40 PM

I'm glad we resigned Smithson. He is a solid 4th liner, but hopefully he is the weakest link on that line....

golfmade 06-19-2007 09:34 PM

Good signing, hopefully Zanon is next.

Basher 06-19-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 9601600)
I'm glad we resigned Smithson. He is a solid 4th liner, but hopefully he is the weakest link on that line....

That'd be nice, but I think we've just signed our 3rd line center for the year.

jstreet 06-20-2007 02:00 PM

Plus, he grows a wickedly comical playoff mustache

Paincakes 06-20-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 9608349)
Plus, he grows a wickedly comical playoff mustache

:biglaugh: That thing is epic.

Seth Lake 06-21-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher (Post 9603281)
That'd be nice, but I think we've just signed our 3rd line center for the year.

Have to disagree. Fids definitely has the job penciled in right now, but we might get another center in free agency and see Vern bumped out to the wing or moved back to the fourth line.

Additionally, we might see a guy like Peverley or O'Reilly come out of training camp with the job as well.

A lot of time left and a lot of moves to be made still. Smithson is definitely starting the year on the fourth line though.

Enoch 06-21-2007 11:18 AM

Don't forget Setzinger who has a very real shot at playing on our third line. He has always had talent, and I actually think he could be good in the lineup. The question is, will his heart be in it, and will he have the right linemates?

Any line with Fiddler and Tootoo on it is doomed for failure......

5major 06-21-2007 03:09 PM

This team is horrible. Just like last year. Same players up front...Minus Forsberg, Karyia and Hartnell...Same third/fourth line of scrubs....just wont be any better next year...probably going to take a step back...no one will want to come here

Seth Lake 06-21-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5major (Post 9621745)
This team is horrible. Just like last year. Same players up front...Minus Forsberg, Karyia and Hartnell...Same third/fourth line of scrubs....just wont be any better next year...probably going to take a step back...no one will want to come here

Don't forget Timonen! :sarcasm:

Thanks for the insight though. I think we realize it would be a stretch to think we'll break 100 pts again this season, but I certainly believe at this point we will be in playoff contention.

There is a lot of time left before the season starts and even many more roster transactions yet to occur. Only time will tell. Anyone have a time machine in the works? ;)