HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TB/ Nashville Trade Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=391389)

Idealsupra* 06-20-2007 11:06 PM

TB/ Nashville Trade Proposal

What would it take to get Vokoun from you guys.

WITHOUT the involvement of the BIG 4.

Feed Me A Stray Cat 06-20-2007 11:09 PM

Ha Ha, are you serious? Lightning get a top 5 NHL goaltender plus a 70 point winger for a goalie with negative trade value, a third liner, and a good prospect?

Wow.

Idealsupra* 06-20-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voros19 (Post 9614419)
Ha Ha, are you serious? Lightning get a top 5 NHL goaltender plus a 70 point winger for a goalie with negative trade value, a third liner, and a good prospect?

Wow.

i was throwing things out there...and asked what nashville thought it would take.

erat had his BEST season of his career last year and was 57 points. thats a bit away from 70 there. and denis still has trade value and i only included him to give you guys a solid backup to mason. and helenius is one of the top goaltending prospects (id say top 15) in the league. its not exactly chicken feed.

on top of that see that + its for something else and then some that i couldnt think of.....

and i would say vokoun is top 10 goaltenders not top 5... luongo, brodeur,turco,giggy, kippy ( in no particular order) would be my top 5.

Metallian* 06-20-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idealsupra (Post 9614508)
can you not read? i was throwing things out there...and asked what nashville thought it would take.

and we think it will take A LOT more - and "ha ha" for good measure

don't give attitude after coming up with such a lopsided trade, that just makes things worse...

Roger Explosion 06-21-2007 04:03 AM

For a start I think that proposal is fairly bad. Our starting goaltender and first line right wing for your expensive backup goaltender, prospect goaltender and a 3rd liner. I actually think Craig and Helenius could turn out to be fairly good players but they definitely aren't enough to land Vokoun, let alone Erat as well.

IMO Tampa and Nashville don't make good trading partners at the moment. If a fire sale is gonna happen we would be looking for draft picks which I believe Tampa doesn't have any for the 1st and 2nd round this year? Correct me if i'm wrong. Also we need forward prospects which again Tampa doesn't really have anyone notable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idealsupra (Post 9614383)
What would it take to get Vokoun from you guys.

It seems as though Nashville is trying to cut as much salary as possible. You guys also have Mason who was very good for you last season.

Maybe something like:

TB Gets:
Vokoun (cuts 5.7M)
Erat (we need a winger for our second line)

Nashville Gets:
Denis (Cheaper backup?)
Helenius (Top Goaltender prospect)
Craig (gritty and has GREAT hands... good 3rd line center)
+?

Im just throwing things out there so dont take it to hear too much...id love to hear what you guys think it would take to get at least vokoun...and ill say now WITHOUT any of the big 4 (lecavalier,st louis, richards, boyle) going back that way.

Thanks!

Allen Degenerate 06-21-2007 04:37 AM

This proposal is getting more positive feedback than I thought it was. If you're only slightly disgusted by it, how about trading Weber and Radulov to Colorado for Jose Theodore (a former Hart and Vezina winner) and Scott Parker (gritty and has manly facial hair)? It seems a little more fair than the previous proposal, at least.

handtrick 06-21-2007 06:45 AM

mods put this thread out of its misery, don't you think Nashville fans have been sodomized enough by real events, let alone crap like this.....:shakehead

Idealsupra* 06-21-2007 09:31 AM

wow....you 7 responses and only ONE that actually contributes to the thread....tanks aussie predator...

the rest of you....i dont even know....i edited it....NOW maybe you can see what i was trying to get at to begin with...and apply that to giving me an actual response.

lstcyr 06-21-2007 09:47 AM

Lecavalier and a first rounder.

Idealsupra* 06-21-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstcyr (Post 9617494)
Lecavalier and a first rounder.

hahahaha and I GOT lambasted over my original trade proposal....wow..

ok editing it again....

lstcyr 06-21-2007 10:17 AM

I don't think we would make a trade without one of the top four without an outrageous offer you wouldn't consider. Vokoun means too much to us to not get an exceptional player in return. Sorry.

barrytrotzsneck 06-21-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 9616167)
mods put this thread out of its misery, don't you think Nashville fans have been sodomized enough by real events, let alone crap like this.....:shakehead

good idea.