HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   KINGJDV-IRON MARSHALL Grudge match update (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39242)

kingjdv 12-28-2003 02:46 PM

KINGJDV-IRON MARSHALL Grudge match update

Now I know why they end fantasy football seasons early. We should call this the Incompetence Bowl. Going into the 8:30 game I'm leading 29-25. (QLTDO will still verify the totals later.) With that kind of pitiful scoring I don't even think I could enjoy a victory.

I still have Marcus Robinson playing tonight and Marshall still has his big gun, Jamal Lewis, and the Ravens D. With the Bengals losing today, and Balt clinching a spot, I'd be more optimistic that the Ravens would sit Lewis, but with Jamal needing 150+ yards to set an NFL record for yds in a season, that seems like a pipe dream. (And I'm not even sure Robinson will play :dunno: )

It doesn't look good but Hey...who would have thought the Rams would lose to Detroit...and how about that Cards-Viks finish (why couldn't that TD have gone to Boldin. :cry: )

IronMarshal 12-28-2003 04:50 PM

It is not looking good KJDV. Lewis has a TD and already 75 yds. The D has an int and 2 sacks while yielding 0 pts. By my count, I'm winning. Your'e only hopes are an offensive explosion by Pittsburgh or Robinson to haul in a couple of TDs. It doesn't look good.

IronMarshal 12-29-2003 03:58 AM

Well "King" it looks like the better team won ....... and that team is mine! Unofficial score 54 - 30. Better luck next year.
BTW I might point out that I beat you two out of three, scored more points than you in the regular season (by only 1, I know, but a win is a sin), scored more points than you in the playoffs, beat you in the playoffs, and beat you in the alley after the playoffs. My lone blemish to you is that horrid second half loss during the season when Moss and Pennington went wild (I told you it was luck).

You may bow now, deposed one. :handclap:

IronMarshal 12-29-2003 04:04 AM

One last thing.
I must say, this was a lot of fun. Thank you King for playing the "bad" guy to add "heat" to the league.
Congrats again to baileyislandflyers for a tremendous late season surge and brilliant playoff performance. By the season's end, you had the best team.
Good job also to FlyersPhantoms33, an excellent season, my man! Don't take KJDV to seriously, it was all in jest (well mostly, anyway).
To the rest of you guys, thanks for a fun season. Lets do it again next year!
Special thanks to Flyersguy69 who set the whole thing up (I think).

Cuiff 12-29-2003 08:50 AM

I had a lot of fun this year.....I can't wait until next season.....thanks guys!

FlyersGuy69 12-29-2003 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMarshal
One last thing.
I must say, this was a lot of fun. Thank you King for playing the "bad" guy to add "heat" to the league.
Congrats again to baileyislandflyers for a tremendous late season surge and brilliant playoff performance. By the season's end, you had the best team.
Good job also to FlyersPhantoms33, an excellent season, my man! Don't take KJDV to seriously, it was all in jest (well mostly, anyway).
To the rest of you guys, thanks for a fun season. Lets do it again next year!
Special thanks to Flyersguy69 who set the whole thing up (I think).

CONGRATS IronMarshal!! :handclap:

in the wrestling world it would be....

IronMarshal - the face

kingjdv - the heal

BTW, I wish I could take credit for the FFL but it wasn't me, I think it was Gagne2433.

did it go fast or what?
it was alot of fun and I can't wait till next year.

kingjdv 12-30-2003 09:25 AM

I DIDN'T LOSE!!!

I CAN'T LOSE!!!!!

I'M THE KING DAMMIT!!!

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!! I WANT AN IMMEDIATE INVESTIGATION INTO THE SCORING!!! THIS IS A CONSPIRACY!!! I'LL GET YOU ALL, I SWEAR IT!!!!

WWWWWWWaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. I WANT MY MOMMY!! :cry:

-Hey IM, wanna make it best of 5. ;)

kingjdv 12-30-2003 09:44 AM

Ah Hell!! Came up short again. Congratulations IM! I simply had too many holes late in the year. A QB burnout, two injured RBs. Shoot, even my kickers had trouble scoring over the last few weeks.

I'm glad you took me up on my offer IM. I really enjoy the head-to-head aspect of fantasy football and I just thought this was an "interesting" way to extend the season another week.

I hope everyone had a good time this year. We should definitely do this again next season. And someone please make sure that Baron joins next year so that EVERYONE ELSE will be guaranteed at least one win. :D

Congrats to baileyislandflyers. I know where you can buy some "championship" t-shirts and hats cheap!! :joker:

One last thing IM----I'LL BE BACK!!

ALL HAIL THE KING!!! :bow:

Quellet The Dogs Out 12-30-2003 10:25 AM

What do you guys want me to do?

I just got back this morning at like 3:00 AM...we made it all the way to the championship - which was at 7:30 PM on Monday Night. We lost 3-2 in OT, we were down 2-1 after the ice cut/intermission going into the 3rd, we tied it up and then lost in OT...depressing.

We beat some great teams and we really played great. We got good media coverage too out there - in the paper every day, game was on radio twice, and we were on cable television for the finals.

Let me know if you guys still want me to calculate the scores - but it looks like you guys have it handled.

Flyers26 12-30-2003 11:50 AM

Ahhh... King, and I'll use that term very loosly....

PAY UP!!! Make the change in your avatar,as was the bet!!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY

IRON MARSHAL !!

:bow: :bow:

kingjdv 01-01-2004 09:58 AM

That's true I do have to change my avatar.

Since there were no other suggestions on what should go under the loser's avatar I think it's only fitting that IM gets to pick...so fire away IM!!

Flyers26 01-01-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingjdv
That's true I do have to change my avatar.

Since there were no other suggestions on what should go under the loser's avatar I think it's only fitting that IM gets to pick...so fire away IM!!

Ahh... the sweet sound of VICTORY!!

kingjdv 01-02-2004 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Ahh... the sweet sound of VICTORY!!

There's an old quote that says

:teach: "It is better to have played and lost than to have been a chicken**** and not played at all." :p

Flyers26 01-02-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingjdv
There's an old quote that says

:teach: "It is better to have played and lost than to have been a chicken**** and not played at all." :p

Yea RIGHT!! :D