HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How would they do (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=392909)

dkich96 06-23-2007 10:10 PM

How would they do

Just a hypothetical, if the Rangers were to dress this team next year do you think we would stand a chance - or would we be completly destroyed by everyone...

Prucha - Artem - Cherepanov
Calahan - Dubinsky - Dupont
Borret - Immonen - Dawes
Moore - Helminen - Korpedo

Staal - Bobby S
Toots - Girardi
Baranka - Sauer

Hanks
Monty

Please feel free to change the prospects around...

MugatuNYR 06-23-2007 10:18 PM

Over half of the players on that team doesn't have a single game of NHL experience. They wouldn't stand a chance.

BDubinskyNYR17* 06-23-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkich96 (Post 9664137)
Just a hypothetical, if the Rangers were to dress this team next year do you think we would stand a chance - or would we be completly destroyed by everyone...

Borret - Immonen - Dawes

Staal - Bobby S
Toots - Girardi
Baranka - Sauer

Hanks
Monty

no marcel hossa :shakehead he is only 25. id move moore and add Hossa, hed add more scoring.

mschmidt64 06-23-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralNYR (Post 9664219)
Over half of the players on that team doesn't have a single game of NHL experience. They wouldn't stand a chance.

Yeah, besides, how often does a prospect move from minors to top line center?

Ansiminov might be a future #1 center (even though I'm not even sure about that), but so soon?

I'm not an expert, but it seems like people are counting on guys who have been in the system for years to finally break through this year (like Dawes), but who says they are ready this year after not being ready the last few?

And given that guys like Dawes, Immonen, Moore, etc, have been developing a while without being ready, I'm not sure we can just assume that the younger ones like Korpikoski, Sauer, Dupont, Dubinsky are ready either.

They are nice prospects but it's a big leap and from what I've seen a lot of them never do it successfully.

Onion Boy 06-23-2007 10:45 PM

It would be a pretty rough season with that team. I bet Lundqvist could steal some wins though.

TheZherdev 06-24-2007 01:51 AM

i think the point of this thread is to judge hypothetically how well out prospect pool would do in the nhl as a team. I dont think he actually means the rangers should throw a bunch of kids on the ice next year and take the .1% chance that they strike gold.

broadwayblue 06-24-2007 02:45 AM

Would be interesting to see how they played. Lundqvist would bail them out a lot, so that would help. And I don't think the d would be terrible either, although I'd move Sanguinetti down to the 3rd pairing, and put Tyutin on the top line.

JayMan82 06-24-2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 9666054)
Would be interesting to see how they played. Lundqvist would bail them out a lot, so that would help. And I don't think the d would be terrible either, although I'd move Sanguinetti down to the 3rd pairing, and put Tyutin on the top line.

Also exchange Dupont and Korpedo...

dkich96 06-24-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 (Post 9665826)
i think the point of this thread is to judge hypothetically how well out prospect pool would do in the nhl as a team. I dont think he actually means the rangers should throw a bunch of kids on the ice next year and take the .1% chance that they strike gold.

someone understood... to speak the truth I doubt this team would fare that bad and we would be up for running in the Tavarez sweepstakes...

Inferno 06-24-2007 01:55 PM

i think our prospects could hold their own against any all prospect team out there. with that said, they would be an average at best NHL team, and thats only because of Henrik and our D. Those forwards need time, when that team would win, it will be 2-1, 1-0, 2-0 etc. those kids are going to have many 5 goal games.

Son of Steinbrenner 06-24-2007 02:03 PM

The expectations for our prospects is so far fetched it's scary...between this thread and the threads about "what the rangers will look like in 2 years" it's clear that too many fans are in love with our homegrown kids..

yes, they are nice but lets not forget they are also assets that will be used to get established NHL players...

could you imagine what this board would've done on March 21 1994???

True Blue 06-24-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkich96 (Post 9664137)

Borret - Immonen - Dawes

Staal - Bobby S
Toots - Girardi
Baranka - Sauer

Hanks
Monty

That team would lead the charge for 1st overall pick in 2008.

jas 06-24-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 9669384)
That team would lead the charge for 1st overall pick in 2008.

"And, with the 1st pick in the 2008 NHL Draft, the Rangers select Steven Stamkos!!!" Heck, let's keep it going for 2009...

Inferno 06-24-2007 05:12 PM

works for pittsburgh