HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Brzgalov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=393384)

The Zookeep 06-25-2007 01:19 PM

Brzgalov

Anyone hear of a possible destination for him? Eklunds mentioned Tbay and a few others but thats Eklund. Im hoping to hear from Wildcat here who seems to know his sh** :yo:

Snap Wilson 06-25-2007 01:33 PM

If Niedermayer retires, I think the #1 option would be Phoenix for either Morris or Boynton plus extras. Just my guess.

Theridion 06-25-2007 04:23 PM

I didn't get a chance to watch boynton at all last year, but I do like him.

wildcat48 06-25-2007 05:51 PM

Eklund's not too far off. I said this on AD in response to eklund (too lazy to retype).

I think Toivonen will stay with Boston and play in Providence with Rask. While I still think a deal is all, but done to bring MacDonald to Anaheim, so in that regard should Boston make a deal, it would be Bryzgalov and Thomas in Boston and the other two in Providence.

Right now it's a three horse race between Boston, Tampa and St. Louis....I think Tampa has put forth the best deal, but in my dealings with Jay Feaster going back to his days in Hershey he's doesn't act hastily, but rather he makes slow methodical decisions.

Boston is the wild card, because they were trying to get Fernandez from Minnesota and those talks have fallen through, so do they make a splash for Bryzgalov now.

Snap Wilson 06-25-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 9681661)
Eklund's not too far off. I said this on AD in response to eklund (too lazy to retype).

I think Toivonen will stay with Boston and play in Providence with Rask. While I still think a deal is all, but done to bring MacDonald to Anaheim, so in that regard should Boston make a deal, it would be Bryzgalov and Thomas in Boston and the other two in Providence.

Right now it's a three horse race between Boston, Tampa and St. Louis....I think Tampa has put forth the best deal, but in my dealings with Jay Feaster going back to his days in Hershey he's doesn't act hastily, but rather he makes slow methodical decisions.

Boston is the wild card, because they were trying to get Fernandez from Minnesota and those talks have fallen through, so do they make a splash for Bryzgalov now.

I'm lost. Who MacDonald?

rt 06-25-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyp (Post 9678633)
If Niedermayer retires, I think the #1 option would be Phoenix for either Morris or Boynton plus extras. Just my guess.

:naughty:

Randall Graves* 06-25-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyp (Post 9681720)
I'm lost. Who MacDonald?

Joey MacDonald is a goalie for the Bruins I think he's a restricted free agent though. I wonder if the Bruins would trade Mark Stuart for Bryz.

Ducksforcup 06-25-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyp (Post 9681720)
I'm lost. Who MacDonald?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=35678

wildcat48 06-25-2007 05:59 PM

Joey MacDonald is actually a group VI free agent.

Snap Wilson 06-25-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 9681730)

Forget it!

snarktacular 06-25-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 9681730)

Someone has photoshop. Let's play "guess the neck." Getzlaf?

Snap Wilson 06-25-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 9681782)
Joey MacDonald

Ah, I remember him in some Detroit games. They're not seriously looking at him as the backup, are they? I don't think he's really shown much.

snarktacular 06-25-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyp (Post 9681818)
Forget it!

No, your response should have been "Sure, if we also get Turris, for Bryz."

Snap Wilson 06-25-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 9681782)
Joey MacDonald is actually a group VI free agent.

Dude, keep the internet handy when you have these inside conversations. :)

wildcat48 06-25-2007 06:06 PM

Yes, they are looking at him very much so.

snarktacular 06-25-2007 06:07 PM

I can see it now. Sean O'Donnell, Andy McDonald, Joey MacDonald, and Logan MacMillan. Too bad we don't also have Ryan McDonagh.

Presenting... the Anaheim Mac Attack, sponsored by Micky D's!

Snap Wilson 06-25-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obobo23 (Post 9681837)
No, your response should have been "Sure, if we also get Turris, for Bryz."

Not even then.

rt 06-25-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obobo23 (Post 9681827)
Someone has photoshop. Let's play "guess the neck." Getzlaf?

Photoshop?!?!? I wish. MS paint, brutha. And yes, it is Getzlaf's neck. You are one sick man for noticing.

One more for the Braves...

Kevin Forbes 06-25-2007 06:41 PM

Tampa seems like an odd choice, simply because with Ramo, Holmqvist and the GM giving a nod that Denis isn't on the trade market, it looks like there's a three headed beast going on there already.

snarktacular 06-25-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 9682060)
Photoshop?!?!? I wish. MS paint, brutha. And yes, it is Getzlaf's neck. You are one sick man for noticing.

One more for the Braves...

Ha. So much for that game. I only noticed because I was wondering what your :naughty: was all about. No idea how I knew it was Getzlaf, possibly recognized his pasty neck from my photoshop work.

Jovo might not be that bad of an idea if we can't get anything else. You could pair him with say OD on the 2nd pairing, who could try to cover up for turnovers and the like. And hopefully with fewer minutes and a lesser role the injuries wouldn't be so much of a problem. But Phoenix certainly wouldn't get much trade value out of him, we'd need a dependable stay at home guy for the PK, and we'd need a conditional pick for games played.

The Zookeep 06-26-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcat48 (Post 9681661)

Thanks for the insight WC.

Idealsupra* 06-26-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes (Post 9682368)
Tampa seems like an odd choice, simply because with Ramo, Holmqvist and the GM giving a nod that Denis isn't on the trade market, it looks like there's a three headed beast going on there already.

feaster has NEVER said denis isnt on the trading block..or any of the goalies really...in fact he has stated NUMEROUS times that ANYTHING could happen with the goalie situation here in TB and hes open to just about any options.

i would love bryzgalov...however im not 100% convinced hes THAT much better then holmqvist to be giving up a LOT to get him... maybe a later round pick and a prospect or something... or maybe a d prospect and craig or jones....

youre welcome to take prospal back though ;)

any chance its more then bryz coming back the other way?

Kevin Forbes 06-26-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idealsupra (Post 9691555)
feaster has NEVER said denis isnt on the trading block..or any of the goalies really...in fact he has stated NUMEROUS times that ANYTHING could happen with the goalie situation here in TB and hes open to just about any options.

Sorry, I must have misread the RDS article.

Idealsupra* 06-26-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes (Post 9691593)
Sorry, I must have misread the RDS article.

that article took what the local papers have been saying WAY out of context... i cant read french but the people who "translated it" said that feaster said he was never going to be traded etc....

in fact this is what feaster has said about the goaltending in tampa:

Per the St. Petersburg Times, 6/22/2007:

Quote:

In fact, general manager Jay Feaster said Thursday that he expects Marc Denis will start training camp in a Tampa Bay uniform.

That's likely a head-scratcher for those who figured the Lightning would find a replacement for the goalie who last season struggled so badly he did not even dress for the playoffs.

But No. 1s are scarce, and with two years and $5.7-million remaining on Denis' contract, the logistics, and the math, apparently aren't working.

This has nothing to do with how the Lightning will start the regular season, Feaster said, adding, "I'm not ruling anything out as it relates to the goaltending situation or, more specifically, to Marc."
so ANYTHING could happen.....

so any idea if anaheim would want anyone else off of tb or if anaheim is looking to trade any roster players?

MOENing 06-26-2007 03:05 PM

he should go to edmonton he'll like the weather