HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers sign Artem Anisimov - 3 yr ELC, $850k per (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=393398)

Tomas Sandstrom 28 06-25-2007 02:46 PM

Rangers sign Artem Anisimov - 3 yr ELC, $850k per

Drafting Cherepanov got me thinking of our other Russian prospect, Artem Anisimov.

Wondering if anyone has heard anything, or what the latest status was on him. Any chance on him coming to N.A. this year? after?

RangerBoy 06-25-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Tom Renney will not only get his first look on the ice Tuesday morning at Alexei Cherepanov, but the Russian first-round selection will be joined at the Rangers' prospect camp by countryman Artem Anisimov, last year's second-round pick whom the club is close to signing to a contract.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06242007...rry_brooks.htm

Choice 06-25-2007 03:00 PM

I'm interested to see what this guy brings. Would be great to have another legit top-two line center prospect.

n8 06-25-2007 04:28 PM

Artem improved on his 1 assist in 10 games with Yaroslavl

39 games, 2-8-10, 26 PIMs

but what may raise a brow
in 7 playoff games, 3-2-5, 4 PIMs

Bluenote13 06-25-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 9679896)
Artem improved on his 1 assist in 10 games with Yaroslavl

39 games, 2-8-10, 26 PIMs

but what may raise a brow
in 7 playoff games, 3-2-5, 4 PIMs

Thats cause his icetime almost doubled in the playoffs, thats what I was told.

kovalev27hf 06-25-2007 05:11 PM

yah he actually played.

gotta love that these kids are playing in the second best league in the world right now but i absolutely HATE the way the euro leagues treat these kids. korpikoski barely played at all his last year in finland from what i heard and anisimov the same until the playoffs. get that kid over here now.

Nemchinov13 06-25-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 9679974)
Thats cause his icetime almost doubled in the playoffs, thats what I was told.

With all of the injuries, he became a top line center. At age of 19.

dank 06-25-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovalev27hf (Post 9680381)
yah he actually played.

gotta love that these kids are playing in the second best league in the world right now but i absolutely HATE the way the euro leagues treat these kids. korpikoski barely played at all his last year in finland from what i heard and anisimov the same until the playoffs. get that kid over here now.

i was confused and concerned with what i percieved to be low, low numbers until i was told (and it makes a lot of sense) that the kids play bottom minutes until they gain more experience, etc. it does make sense, because if you think about it, these 18-, 19-year olds are playing in a full-fledged and thorough men's league, similar but better to the AHL, similar but worse than the NHL. It's isn't as though they are playing RSL-2 or junior leagues, so it does make sense for them to have to earn their minutes, etc.

I have also been on a quest for information on this kid because he really intrigues me, he is and was thought of as a 'steal' in the 2nd round last year and he is a tall kid at 6'4". I got this bit of info from a great publication called "Dobber's 2007 Fantasy Prospects Guide" on Anisimov (it's a really good read):

Quote:

Artem Anisimov, C (53)
Fast Fact: The Philadelphia Flyers are 0/1 when drafting players named Artem Anisimov. While the Rangers won't know for sure until their version actually comes over, they appear well on their way to beating the Flyers in that category. Drafted eight spots higher than the 'other' Artem, this Anisimov was New York's 54th overall pick in 2006. As one of the highest-ranked Russians available, and as one of the best combinations of size (6'3) and skill (15-12-27 in 32 junior games) available, the pivot's selection at the bottom of the second round was such grand larceny that one wonders if Henrik Lundqvist wasn't responsible. A ridiculously smart centerman with a pro-caliber wrist shot, Anisimov moved onto the RSL full-time for 2006-07, scoring 10 points in the process. A dark horse Calder candidate for 2006-07, he's
more than a contender if he delays coming over until 2007-08.
Potential: Above-average 2nd line center (30-45-75)
wow, sounds great.. don't know about the Calder part but everything else is not that bad.. :) oh, i also want to add that I am very intersted to see new numbers (weight, height) for our prospects, for him along with others, because the last ones were the beginning of last season.. they must have and should have grown and bulked up if needed..

dank 06-25-2007 06:17 PM

i think i may have posted this in the general prospects thread but no harm in adding it here..

I asked Slitty, who runs the website www.rushockey.com about Anisimov and he said this:

Q:this may be a silly Q, because he just got drafted last year, but what do you see with Artem Anisimov, drafted by NYR, of Lokomotiv Yaroslavl? any information (since there is a paucity of info) on him would be really appreciated..

A:As mentioned, he exploded in the RSL playoffs and otherwise didn't look half bad in the limited role he was given during the rest of the season. Anisimov has immense potential to make the NHL, and I would bet on his next season being a breakout one.

dank 06-25-2007 06:20 PM

and more, haha.. a thread from about 3 months ago, old(er) but pretty good info:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...light=anisimov

poeman 06-25-2007 06:22 PM

http://www.russianprospects.com/imag...os/5380001.jpg

he looks like a winner

Bluenote13 06-25-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poeman (Post 9681259)

Looks like the Russian Stephane Matteau :D

Like the way he's shaping up.....

Tomas Sandstrom 28 06-25-2007 08:59 PM

great info and pics so far.... the pics of him do look like he has a great center's frame and posture... as much as you can tell from a picture anyway.

the other thread says his contract in russia expires this offseason and the rangers were interested in bringing him over to NA next year (07-08) to presumably play canadian junior or perhaps even hartford

have to admit, he's definitely a prospect i'm very excited for, even though for the most part he's been under the rader....most likely due to the scarcity of info on him

malkinfan 06-26-2007 09:37 PM

the article says rangers prospects will be skating at the practice facility today(tuesday) - was anisimov there ?

broadwayblue 06-26-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkinfan (Post 9696235)
the article says rangers prospects will be skating at the practice facility today(tuesday) - was anisimov there ?

I believe so.

dkich96 06-26-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poeman (Post 9681259)

Either his shoulder pads are huge, or he is built like a monster...

jas 06-26-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkinfan (Post 9696235)

Yup.

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

Quote:

Fellow Russian forward Artem Anisimov, drafted in the second round lastyear, is in camp too, with Renney getting his first live look at him on the ice as well. "I like him," he said. "I like his size, his range, his mobility, his thought process. He's going to be a big strong guy as he matures. These are two pretty good players for our organization." The Rangers are trying to get Anisimov over to North America this fall. "That's part of the plan," Renney said. "From what I can gather, we're making that attempt."

Inferno 06-26-2007 09:41 PM

i think hes a year, maybe 2 away. IMHO hes a better prospect than Dubinsky. So that should speak to what I think of his game.

jas 06-26-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 9696278)
i think hes a year, maybe 2 away. IMHO hes a better prospect than Dubinsky. So that should speak to what I think of his game.

Korpi/Anisimov/Cherry
Dupont/Dubi/Bourret

:D

dkich96 06-26-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 9696321)
Korpi/Anisimov/Cherry
Dupont/Dubi/Bourret

where is Peter the Great and Cally

Inferno 06-26-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 9696321)
Korpi/Anisimov/Cherry
Dupont/Dubi/Bourret

actually id rather see

Cherepanov (god i hate "cherry" ) / Anisimov / Bourret

Korpikoski / Dubinsky / Dawes

Dupont on the 3rd line.

jas 06-26-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkich96 (Post 9696356)
where is Peter the Great and Cally

Cally's on the 3rd line with Pyatt.

jas 06-26-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 9696370)
actually id rather see

Cherepanov (god i hate "cherry" ) / Anisimov / Bourret

Korpikoski / Dubinsky / Dawes

Dupont on the 3rd line.

Korpi is our Jere Lehtinen...the defensive conscience. He'll excel with skilled players.

Dupont will be perfect with Dubi and Bourret; he'll do the dirty work, and go to the net. And, frankly, those three will be a b!tch to play against.

Kodiak 06-26-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 9696420)
Korpi is our Jere Lehtinen...the defensive conscience. He'll excel with skilled players.

Dupont will be perfect with Dubi and Bourret; he'll do the dirty work, and go to the net. And, frankly, those three will be a b!tch to play against.

Dubi and Bourret are not the type that needs someone to do their dirty work. They may need someone that can hang on to the puck and transport it up the ice. Though I do like Korpi with Anisimov and Cherepanov.

jas 06-26-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak (Post 9696499)
Dubi and Bourret are not the type that needs someone to do their dirty work. They may need someone that can hang on to the puck and transport it up the ice. Though I do like Korpi with Anisimov and Cherepanov.

I think that's something Dubinsky has the ability to do, but, I'll admit he needs to work on it.