HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Islanders Trade Rumor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39475)

Carbonneau 12-29-2003 01:36 PM

Islanders Trade Rumor

Was posted on Espn chat boards, maybe some of you saw it.

"just heard it on cjad that gainey is in talks with the islanders about aquiring mark parrish for a d-man and a draft pick. "

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Freaky Habs Fan 12-29-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonneau

"just heard it on cjad that gainey is in talks with the islanders about aquiring mark parrish for a d-man and a draft pick. "

Rivet+draft pick??? It would be nice! As long as the pick isn not to low...

Traitor8 12-29-2003 01:41 PM

Rivet+4th for Parrish

Who will drop to the third line?

It's obvious to everybody that Komisarek is ready and that Koivu should talk to more guys in the room other then Rivet

Carbonneau 12-29-2003 01:42 PM

Personally I'd like to have Dave Schatchard, but getting rid of Rivet and his salary would be great. Definitely open up a call up for Hainsey who is playing great in Hamilton.

Mike8 12-29-2003 01:45 PM

Maybe it's Markov. :D

LPHabsFan 12-29-2003 01:45 PM

Quote:

Ya know what the best part of what you just said is? The fact that it was said on CJAD which imo gives it credibility.

Carbonneau 12-29-2003 01:47 PM

Hopefully Montreal can jump in on the " steal a future star from Milbury " sweepstakes

Marc the Habs Fan 12-29-2003 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
Ya know what the best part of what you just said is? The fact that it was said on CJAD which imo gives it credibility.

What if the poster is using CJAD to make it sound like his post is credible. ;)

Seriously, why would the Isles want another D? Unless they are dealing one of the top 4...

Traitor8 12-29-2003 01:52 PM

Hamrlik will get dealt ????

Rivet will make space for Komisarek. Hainsey will get space when Bouillon is dealt!

Mike8 12-29-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Hamrlik will get dealt ????

Rivet will make space for Komisarek. Hainsey will get space when Bouillon is dealt!

I can see teams lining up to obtain Rivet and Bouillon. :p

Come on, fellas. Haven't we learned to take these rumours with a grain of salt?

Traitor8 12-29-2003 02:07 PM

Well it makes sense. We have 8 freakin defenseman!
Something should happen soon

Mike8 12-29-2003 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Well it makes sense. We have 8 freakin defenseman!
Something should happen soon

Did I miss Hainsey being called up? If not then Montreal has seven defensemen.

Komisarek can play every second or third game or fill in for injuries. Expect Montreal to continue carrying seven defensemen. No rush to move any of them.

Maithz 12-29-2003 02:12 PM

I'm sure the deal will like that

Rivet + 2nd pick

For

Mark Parrish + Low Prospect

NWT Habs Fan 12-29-2003 02:13 PM

Quote:

Hopefully Montreal can jump in on the " steal a future star from Milbury " sweepstakes

That would balance out our last trade with them, they are one up on us on trades these days.

NWT Habs Fan 12-29-2003 02:15 PM

Quote:

Thanks, it is always good to know that our GM is actively talking and looking. But, after all, that is part of his job. Just like him faxing out info on Audette to 29 teams, doesn't mean it will happen!!

goalchenyuk 12-29-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
I'm sure the deal will like that

Rivet + 2nd pick

For

Mark Parrish + Low Prospect

islanders want to cut their payroll ; why would they trade for Rivest ? no sens, neither with Brisebois

Traverse +2nd round for .... :D

VAN-HAB 12-29-2003 02:36 PM

I have a feeling is Markov, hope not

Traitor8 12-29-2003 02:48 PM

I meant we have 8 Defenseman capable of playing in the Nhl..not 8 with us right now and Dykhuis and Traverse are other defenseman that could possibly play on somebad teams.

Anyways, I am tired of watching Komo in the press box!

Guy Caballero 12-29-2003 02:50 PM

Parrish would be a decent pickup, but I wouldn't do cartwheels over this deal. I've heard he has a tendency to disappear for long stretches and that he coasts from time to time. A top-four winger group of Zednik, Ryder, Parrish, and Bulis wouldn't be terrible, but we'd still need more. Replace Ribeiro with a good second-line C, then we're talking.

Guy Caballero 12-29-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
I have a feeling is Markov, hope not

It had better not be. I would not do Markov for Parrish straight up. If we somehow managed to get Trent Hunter or Roman Hamrlik in the deal, that would be a different story. :D

5_for_fighting 12-29-2003 02:54 PM

Quote:

only one player from the Isles should be dealt to the Habs and it's Scatchard.
I'd give Markov for Scratch, but not for Parrish. Rivet for Parrish, no prob...but Scatchard is the better deal for the Habs

BLONG7 12-29-2003 02:56 PM

Do you guys think that BG and MM would deal with each other while both these teams are battling for a playoff spot????

Guy Caballero 12-29-2003 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5_for_fighting
only one player from the Isles should be dealt to the Habs and it's Scatchard.
I'd give Markov for Scratch, but not for Parrish. Rivet for Parrish, no prob...but Scatchard is the better deal for the Habs

Nothing would make me happier than to get Scatch off the Isles, but why would Milbury deal a huge center who doesn't make much when he already has a C down for a long time? And why would he deal him off to the team he's chasing in the stndings? Doesn't add up.

I personally don't see any deal happening between the Habs and the Isles. Too much to lose for both GMs if their deal goes bad.

Traitor8 12-29-2003 03:02 PM

maybe Yannick is involved

5_for_fighting 12-29-2003 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Nothing would make me happier than to get Scatch off the Isles, but why would Milbury deal a huge center who doesn't make much when he already has a C down for a long time? And why would he deal him off to the team he's chasing in the stndings? Doesn't add up.

I personally don't see any deal happening between the Habs and the Isles. Too much to lose for both GMs if their deal goes bad.

I know Milbury will never ever deal Scatchard to the Habs. Too bad though, a player like Scatchard is what the Habs need