HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Michaud recalled to Bulldogs! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39478)

Freaky Habs Fan 12-29-2003 12:37 PM

Michaud recalled to Bulldogs!

They just announce that today.

Link:http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/20...29/299637.html

I wish he can play a game to show what he can do.

Traitor8 12-29-2003 12:42 PM

Fichaud sucks and I don't even know why they signed him. It's obvious that he will be let go at the end of the season.

Damphousse and Michaud should be 1-2 in Hamilton

montreal 12-29-2003 12:59 PM

Guess Fichaud will be out a while. I'm not sold on either Damphousse or Michaud, but I hope Michaud gets in some games. Damphousse seems to be playing better lately, or just more consistent, as early on he would have a good game, then a not so good game.

All 3 AHL goalies are in their final contract years. Should be interesting to see who is signed, and if they try and bring over any of the Euro goalies to play in the AHL.

NWT Habs Fan 12-29-2003 01:50 PM

Starting tomorrow night, they have 4 games in 5 nights, so they need two healthy goalies for sure.

The Dogs did a nice job taking 5 of 6 points in their 3 games in 3 night run over the weekend. Who does the AHL sched, that is crazy...7 games in 9 nights!!

Team_Spirit 12-29-2003 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Fichaud sucks and I don't even know why they signed him. It's obvious that he will be let go at the end of the season.

Fichaud was better than Damphousse so far imo .

penopekoo 12-29-2003 03:28 PM

I'm glad he'll have a chance to play for a winning team (watch them go on a losing streak now that I've said that). Columbus is soooo awful... Though Michaud's stats aren't great, given the circumstances they're very respectable. Columbus is like the Pittburgh Penguins of the ECHL.

They might now want to consider sending Traverse down to the Cottonmouths in exchange for Shasby - then Shasby and Archer can split time as the 6th/7th d-men...

Boutmania 12-29-2003 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penopekoo
I'm glad he'll have a chance to play for a winning team (watch them go on a losing streak now that I've said that). Columbus is soooo awful... Though Michaud's stats aren't great, given the circumstances they're very respectable. Columbus is like the Pittburgh Penguins of the ECHL.

They might now want to consider sending Traverse down to the Cottonmouths in exchange for Shasby - then Shasby and Archer can split time as the 6th/7th d-men...

That would be rad

Razorblade 12-29-2003 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8

The stats between the two are misleading, Fichaud has been the better goaltender for the Dogs this year IMO. Their save percentages are almost equal, the goals against is just a little higher for Fichaud. I can remember a few games where the Bulldogs played real stinker games, and most of them were in front of Fichaud. I'm actually not quite sure why we signed Damphousse as well as Michaud, as this kid needs to be in the AHL as a second stringer, getting one of every five games or so. If they were thinking of a third stringer for Hamilton, Michael Bergevin-Robinson looked pretty good in a pre season game for the Dogs, and could have been signed to play for the Cottonmouths.

Holly Gunning 01-04-2004 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penopekoo
Columbus is soooo awful... Though Michaud's stats aren't great, given the circumstances they're very respectable. Columbus is like the Pittburgh Penguins of the ECHL.

No, Greenville is the Penguins of the ECHL. Worse, in fact.

Columbus is 9th from the bottom (out of 31 teams). They're not that bad really. They were 12-17-2 a few days ago.

montreal 01-04-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyG
No, Greenville is the Penguins of the ECHL. Worse, in fact.

Columbus is 9th from the bottom (out of 31 teams). They're not that bad really. They were 12-17-2 a few days ago.

But that's cause Columbus has really turned it around lately. I've listen to some of their games on the radio (for some reason I always have to listen to the other teams announcers cause Columbus's never works) they started off very poorly, and for a while only had 3 wins, and were almost dead last. Since they got the Devils Slovakian goalie, they have played much better with their new starter.