HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Commotion cérébrale pour SAKU !?!?! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39558)

Gainey RULZ 12-29-2003 07:26 PM

Commotion cérébrale pour SAKU !?!?!

From CKAC
And from http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N3FF0FFEA.html
:mad: :shakehead :( :cry:

*Translation: Concussion

hockey_nut 12-29-2003 07:32 PM

what?!?! are you kidding me?!

Gainey RULZ 12-29-2003 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_nut

After Marc Savard's hit (elbow) during the 3rd period

hockey_nut 12-29-2003 07:38 PM

merde! it was that serious?! are there gonna be anymore updates coming?

HABitude 12-29-2003 07:38 PM

Quote:

Yes, sadly it's true.

At CKAC (I was listening CKAC coming back in my car) Fournier was presuming Perreault will take the 1rst spot center for the number of games Saku will miss. He didn't know how bad the concussion was, the recovery can be short depending on the level of the concussion. When it's the first concussion, it's not that long.

Fournier told about maybe 10 days inactive for a concussion like Saku had.

hockey_nut 12-29-2003 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
When it's the first concussion, it's not that long.

Fournier told about maybe 10 days inactive for a concussion like Saku had.

crap... that just freakin great! this man just can't get a break!!

Gainey RULZ 12-29-2003 07:53 PM

damn... koivu doesn't remember Marc Savard's hit :(

HABitude 12-29-2003 07:53 PM

Quote:

crap... that just freakin great! this man just can't get a break!!

I know, bad luck again but I don't think it was too severe, I guess Saku will be back soon, he came back on PP after that hit*.

*Cheap shot.

10 days means 3 games. Sometimes Perreault can be ok for 3 games. He did have some nice games in a row in october, also this outdoor game in Edmonton he was named 1rst star, had 2 goals. Cross your fingers and pray, we must beleive in the CH, the Lucky Pretzel will help us.

Marchy79 12-29-2003 07:55 PM

Someone better give Kovalchuk one this weekend too.. and ruin Savards career. Freakin bum!

Histrion 12-29-2003 07:59 PM

Hold your horses there, Ghost...

That's a huge blow...

BigM1ke 12-29-2003 08:16 PM

It's not official so calm down everyone!!

Marchy79 12-29-2003 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesome`
Hold your horses there, Ghost...

That's a huge blow...

I'd like to hold em up... but a cheap shot on our best player should never go uncontested... Espescially when it is a concussion, because it often takes some time to get a player back to full in their head after a concussion. Every time a player gets a concussion, their brain loses some of the amniotic fluid in the brain, which never refills for a very long time. To make matters worse, it was a cheap shot...
I am usually very calm about things concerning the habs, but to a get a concussion to a heartless ***** who needs 20 minutes a game just to stay in shape (he does not want it very badly) is pure bull. This turn of events is extremely upsetting. :shakehead :madfire:

Preds 12-29-2003 08:56 PM

Ça va chauffer le 3 janvier et je vais y être :D :D

Habber 12-29-2003 09:31 PM

I belive that NHL regualtions state that a player must be symptom free for a week and then write a concussion test before they're clearde to play again. So even if Koivu feels no il effects he'll still be out for 7-10 days.

We could be in for a couple of rough games as we play Atlanta twice more in the next two weeks, the 3rd at the Bell Centre and the 14 back in Atlanta.

Good news if Koivu is really hurt is that we have an easy schedule for the first week in January as we play Washington, TB, Pittsburgh and Buffalo.

Istvan 12-29-2003 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I'd like to hold em up... but a cheap shot on our best player should never go uncontested... Espescially when it is a concussion, because it often takes some time to get a player back to full in their head after a concussion. Every time a player gets a concussion, their brain loses some of the amniotic fluid in the brain, which never refills for a very long time. To make matters worse, it was a cheap shot...
I am usually very calm about things concerning the habs, but to a get a concussion to a heartless ***** who needs 20 minutes a game just to stay in shape (he does not want it very badly) is pure bull. This turn of events is extremely upsetting. :shakehead :madfire:

Not to nit-pick but amniotic fluid is what fetuses swim around in until they're born and cerebrospinal fluid surrounds the brain among other functions. More importantly why didn't anyone kick the crap out of Savard for that cheap hit??? I don't care what the score was etc. etc. there are times when you just have to send a message. I'm guessing the Thrashers were shocked that NO ONE went after Savard. Pafreakinthetic.

coconut 12-29-2003 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Istvan
Not to nit-pick but amniotic fluid is what fetuses swim around in until they're born and cerebrospinal fluid surrounds the brain among other functions.

Exactly. Plus, most concussions are completely benign and are inconsequential for the common human in the long term. However, the problem with hockey players is the mental aspect of the event, e.g. being afraid of a similar hit, thus not being able to play at full intensity... Remember Zubrus before and after his concussion the year he was traded? Not the same player... Hope it doesn't happen with Saku...

Fish on The Sand 12-30-2003 01:18 AM

Quote:

Not to nit-pick but amniotic fluid is what fetuses swim around in until they're born and cerebrospinal fluid surrounds the brain among other functions. More importantly why didn't anyone kick the crap out of Savard for that cheap hit??? I don't care what the score was etc. etc. there are times when you just have to send a message. I'm guessing the Thrashers were shocked that NO ONE went after Savard. Pafreakinthetic.

Savard wasn't around very long after that hit, he did get tossed.

VirginiaMtlExpat 12-30-2003 01:35 AM

Useful link: http://www.neurosurgery.org/health/p...?DisorderID=69 .

Not amniotic fluid, but corticospinal fluid, or CSF.

Marchy79 12-30-2003 01:48 AM

Quote:

:D

lol I knew it was something like that... Amniotic sounded right at the time, thanx fer pointing that out :rolly:

That is exactly what pissed me off as well, no retaliation makes this hit hard to take... Espescially when it's the best player we have, and our Captain. Now I understand taking Kovalchuk out would be a bad move on our part (gotta xcuse the immediate reaction... I love my habs a bit too much :p ) But I do think it is more than fair that Savard gets his arse fed to him like he never has before... How about 2 fights, 1 with Langdon and Souray next game (like Marchment got before) Being that this guy is not in great shape, Me thinks these 2 boys can rip the crap right out of him, and he would deserve it. It would definately bring one of these to my faces :D

Marc the Habs Fan 12-30-2003 04:42 AM

The Good news is RDS showed Koivu on the bench right after and he seemed to be conscious and talking. I would guess it's probably a minor concussion like Gratton has and it's a week absence. But I am no doctor. :p

gunnerdom 12-30-2003 04:51 AM

Quote:

No one went after savard cause he was thrown out of the game right after. Plus the play was in the other zone so almost nobody noticed it at first.

Istvan 12-30-2003 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
No one went after savard cause he was thrown out of the game right after. Plus the play was in the other zone so almost nobody noticed it at first.

Don't cloud my pissed-off-ness by interjecting facts and such!

gunnerdom 12-30-2003 05:32 AM

Quote:

Don't cloud my pissed-off-ness by interjecting facts and such!

Sorry i`ll keep my facts to myself. Heard Savard is cousins with Stalin. If that can help you. :dunno:

Istvan 12-30-2003 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapanMontrealExpat
Useful link: http://www.neurosurgery.org/health/p...?DisorderID=69 .

Not amniotic fluid, but corticospinal fluid, or CSF.

Good Link. btw cerebrospinal and corticospinal fluid are interchangeable terms.

NWT Habs Fan 12-30-2003 06:26 AM

Firstly, here's my best wishes to Saku for a speedy and full recovery. You can't be too careful with concussions in this game.

Secondly, the Habs have to start being "tougher" on opponents who routinely run our goalies and now our top player. Why wasn't Langdon sent on to at least skate by their bench and rile things up? What kind of message are we sending to other teams, and more importantly, to our own team? Stand up for each other boys.

Thirdly, I hope the boys have this Saturday marked on their calendars. I do!!