HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EDM - NSH trade proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39613)

Dr_Gonz0 12-30-2003 04:50 AM

EDM - NSH trade proposal

Smyth, Smith, and Oates for Legwand and Suter. Is it fair? NSH picks up some key components for a cup run, and EDM finally gets a big top 6 center and a good offensive D prospect. Thoughts?

crossxcheck 12-30-2003 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
Smyth, Smith, and Oates for Legwand and Suter. Is it fair? NSH picks up some key components for a cup run, and EDM finally gets a big top 6 center and a good offensive D prospect. Thoughts?

In your dreams. :D

biscuithead 12-30-2003 06:00 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah, I can se Poile licking his chops on that one! :lol:

triggrman 12-30-2003 06:02 AM

Quote:

Mabye for Arhipov and Klein.

Olaf 12-30-2003 06:03 AM

Quote:

Cup run ?..... :joker: :lol: :joker:

PredsFan77* 12-30-2003 07:12 AM

Oates...? :yo: :joker: :handclap:

barrytrotzsneck 12-30-2003 10:08 AM

honestly, i don't think it's THAT bad....but here are the problems...

oates- probably his last year
smith- not having his best year
smyth- also not having his best year, not doing a lot of what's expected of him...and kind of pricey. valuewise, it's probably close...but it's not something i could see nashville doing. it's compromising the future for the present, and poile doesn't like that.

Dr_Gonz0 12-30-2003 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
honestly, i don't think it's THAT bad....but here are the problems...

oates- probably his last year
smith- not having his best year
smyth- also not having his best year, not doing a lot of what's expected of him...and kind of pricey. valuewise, it's probably close...but it's not something i could see nashville doing. it's compromising the future for the present, and poile doesn't like that.

Smith is having his best season since donning the "C" for edmonton:

GP 36
G 3
A 10
+/- +13

Those are pretty damn good numbers for a stay at home defensemen that brings a very gritty game, ask any oilers fan, they will probaly give you the same analisys.

stardog 01-01-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

Horrible trade for Nashville. They get way older and definatley lose alot of thier core future for players who wouldnt be here 3 or 4 years from now.