HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   buf/NYR proposal (sorry another buffalo 1) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39643)

SabresRule 12-30-2003 07:27 AM

buf/NYR proposal (sorry another buffalo 1)

To BUF
carter
poti

To NYR
Satan
delmore/campbell

we get a strong 1st line winger who will goto net and a defensman who's aviable and could possibly help our blueline corps.

NYR get a 30+ goals scoring 75+ point getter who can work with the worst centers (buf proved that) and 1 of 2 scoring defensman, campbell is young and improving and on the PP delmore can do very well.

thoughts?

nyr5186 12-30-2003 08:03 AM

The Rangers have a long history of goalscorers coming over and underachieving (Fleury, Lindros, Kovalev, etc.). I have fears Satan would be no different.

Plus, the Rangers have no need for any offensive defensemen. With Leetch, Malakhov, and Tyutin coming up, that should not be a problem. Plus Kovalev plays point, so theres no need for a PP QB. If you can put in a young top 4 stay-at-home defenseman, then we're talking.

Any chance McKee gets traded?

Please. :D

SabresRule 12-30-2003 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
The Rangers have a long history of goalscorers coming over and underachieving (Fleury, Lindros, Kovalev, etc.). I have fears Satan would be no different.

Plus, the Rangers have no need for any offensive defensemen. With Leetch, Malakhov, and Tyutin coming up, that should not be a problem. Plus Kovalev plays point, so theres no need for a PP QB. If you can put in a young top 4 stay-at-home defenseman, then we're talking.

Any chance McKee gets traded?

Please. :D

i was thinking about that. but i want 6 solid defensive corps, the least i would personally take for him is:

then it'd be:

Satan
Mckee

for

carter
poti
lundmark

then we would have to get a Defensive defensman

plus i think Satan could be one of a few people to do well in NYR, his done well on our crap team and after the seasons end could be a good part of the Rangers.

but i dont really want him hanging around the east, so maybe scrap lundmark and poti and satan and add Afinogenov?

Disgraced Cosmonaut 12-30-2003 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresRule
i was thinking about that. but i want 6 solid defensive corps, the least i would personally take for him is:

then it'd be:

Satan
Mckee

for

carter
poti
lundmark

plus i think Satan could be one of a few people to do well in NYR, his done well on our crap team and after the seasons end could be a good part of the Rangers.
but i dont really want him hanging around the east, so maybe scrap lundmark and poti and satan and add Afinogenov?

as for the first deal, not so bad, but even a ranger hater would have to turn it down on their behalf. while satan is worth more than carter, i think poti has even more value to sather than those other two players combined. but not a horrible suggestion.

as for the above 3 for 2 deal, that's one i would suggest they pull the trigger on. i value mckee pretty highly.

Davisian 12-30-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

then it'd be:

Satan
Mckee

for

carter
poti
lundmark

Satan, McKee, Pyatt, 4th

for

Carter, Poti, Lundmark, Hlavac, Purinton, 2nd and cash..

And there may be a need for the Rangers to take another bit/role player to take another contract of the Sabe's hands..

Doubt I'd do it if I was the Sabe's, but the Rangers need beef on the blueline, and more speed upfront, so that's what I was trying to get to..

Av-merican 12-30-2003 09:43 AM

If you're Buffalo, then you should be looking to dump a center, not a defenseman. With Roy in the fold, Briere is redundant.

So you could included Briere and Satan in a deal, but I don't think the Rangers have anything you really want.

So what about this?

BUF:
Daniel Briere
Miroslav Satan

EDM:
Jeff Woywitka
Ryan Smyth

Fire away! :yo:

JR#9* 12-30-2003 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican
If you're Buffalo, then you should be looking to dump a center, not a defenseman. With Roy in the fold, Briere is redundant.

So you could included Briere and Satan in a deal, but I don't think the Rangers have anything you really want.

So what about this?

BUF:
Daniel Briere
Miroslav Satan

EDM:
Jeff Woywitka
Ryan Smyth

Smyth along with York are the Oilers heart and sould and being that Woywitka was the main piece vcoming back for Comrie I don't see him getting flipped and certainly not for a guy performing like Satan is when he is a 2 yr 10 million dollar deal.

And Briere would be yet another small center for the Oilers, something they certainly don't need.

dats-13 12-30-2003 11:03 AM

if the sabres get back into financial trouble satan could be had for a tube of KY and some firewood

TVanek26* 12-30-2003 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats-13
if the sabres get back into financial trouble satan could be had for a tube of KY and some firewood

How can they go back into financial trouble when we just got one of the richest owners in the league?

And Briere is our leading scorer he won't be dealt.

dats-13 12-30-2003 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
How can they go back into financial trouble when we just got one of the richest owners in the league?

And Briere is our leading scorer he won't be dealt.

The question is how much confidence does that owner have? The Devils lost money last year after winning the cup...doesnt matter how much $$$ the owner has, that franchise is still going to lose money, and he knows this

KillToronto 12-30-2003 05:55 PM

Quote:

Idiot.

SuperNintendoChalmrs 12-30-2003 09:39 PM

Quote:

I sorta let you off the hook with your "Biron is better than Noronen", but this one.....aye caramba.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

leafaholix* 12-30-2003 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Idiot.
Yuppp...

blah 12-30-2003 10:07 PM

I thought the Sabres said if Satan was dealt it would be a hockey trade.

SabresRule 12-31-2003 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican

So what about this?

BUF:
Daniel Briere
Miroslav Satan

EDM:
Jeff Woywitka
Ryan Smyth

breire is CRUCIAL. his our joint Top scorer. Drury is useful and Roy is good. drury can play wing tho as well.

dont like it. we have 8 defensman who all suck. miller is pretty much noronen's backup so biron can go. getting rid of satan's salary will mean we get get some decent talent in the offseason, zhitnik for a big top 4 dman will help.

dats-13 12-31-2003 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillToronto
Idiot.

nice argument buddy....

lets take a look at what the penguins forced the rangers to hand over for kovalev...pretty much nothing...oh wait very much so nothing

please remove the double sided ***** out of your ass and use your head...if(when) the sabres get back into financial trouble other teams know the first guy they will get rid of is satan because you know what genius, hes getting paid the most, and they know they can grab him easily

dats-13 12-31-2003 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Yuppp...

thats a funny little attachement you got there, i just peed my pants laughing so hard at it, you should take that on the road and go on tour or something, man thats gold....

no,no its not....its really not funny at all, thats about as funny as rosie o donnel on a good night

just stop posting

SabresRule 12-31-2003 05:47 AM

Quote:

thats a funny little attachement you got there, i just peed my pants laughing so hard at it, you should take that on the road and go on tour or something, man thats gold....

no,no its not....its really not funny at all, thats about as funny as rosie o donnel on a good night

just stop posting

no YOU stop. buffalo are financially fine with golisano at the helm. idiot.

dats-13 12-31-2003 06:23 AM

Quote:

no YOU stop. buffalo are financially fine with golisano at the helm. idiot.

do you not understand the point i was making earlier? the devils won the freakin stanley cup and they lost money....the sabres wont even make the playoffs

you know why golisano is a millionare, hes smart with his money so hes not dumb enough to throw it away on a team like the sabres that isnt going anywhere very quickly

idiot

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-31-2003 06:27 AM

That sound you hear is this thread crashing and burning.

dats-13 12-31-2003 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
That sound you hear is this thread crashing and burning.

that sound you hear is SabresRule hunched in a corner crying asking himself whats the point of living

KillToronto 12-31-2003 07:36 AM

Quote:

do you not understand the point i was making earlier? the devils won the freakin stanley cup and they lost money....the sabres wont even make the playoffs

you know why golisano is a millionare, hes smart with his money so hes not dumb enough to throw it away on a team like the sabres that isnt going anywhere very quickly

idiot

Just when I thought GPH was the most retarded poster here, you come along. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The Sabres are in no financial trouble. You make it seem like Golisano was expecting the Sabres to finish with 50 wins or something. Everyone knew this team had no shot at the playoffs. It hasn't even been a full year yet, how is Golisano "throwing his money away"? If this was Golisano's tenth year owning the Sabres and things were still this bad, then I would say he's throwing his money away (but in part it would be his fault for not cleaning up the team). The Sabres are not falling quickly. They are rebuilding, hence the signings of Drury and Delmore. The Sabres probably (hopefully) will move Satan, but it's not because Golisano is afraid of losing money. Satan is not worth whats he's making.

A lot of teams in the NHL lose money yearly, does that make them all in danger of losing thier franchise? No.

As for your comment about me using a double headed *****: Wow, you really are expecting to be taken as a serious poster here aren't you? Less than 100 posts and you already start with posters that have been here much longer than you. And your posts are a joke. I suggest you stop posting such pathetic insults or the people here will flame you out of sight.

KillToronto 12-31-2003 07:38 AM

Quote:

that sound you hear is SabresRule hunched in a corner crying asking himself whats the point of living

I guess people should not even bother disagreeing with what you post from now on right? Because if they do, they have no reason to live or no intelligence and they use double-headed dildos right? Awesome, pal. Awesome. :shakehead

dats-13 12-31-2003 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillToronto
Just when I thought GPH was the most retarded poster here, you come along. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The Sabres are in no financial trouble. You make it seem like Golisano was expecting the Sabres to finish with 50 wins or something. Everyone knew this team had no shot at the playoffs. It hasn't even been a full year yet, how is Golisano "throwing his money away"? If this was Golisano's tenth year owning the Sabres and things were still this bad, then I would say he's throwing his money away (but in part it would be his fault for not cleaning up the team). The Sabres are not falling quickly. They are rebuilding, hence the signings of Drury and Delmore. The Sabres probably (hopefully) will move Satan, but it's not because Golisano is afraid of losing money. Satan is not worth whats he's making.

A lot of teams in the NHL lose money yearly, does that make them all in danger of losing thier franchise? No.

As for your comment about me using a double headed *****: Wow, you really are expecting to be taken as a serious poster here aren't you? Less than 100 posts and you already start with posters that have been here much longer than you. And your posts are a joke. I suggest you stop posting such pathetic insults or the people here will flame you out of sight.

wow, your cool
you posted more than 100 times good job buddy that makes you a hockey expert doesnt it the more you post the more hockey knowledge you gain
A lot of teams in the NHL lose money yearly, does that make them all in danger of losing thier franchise? YES,YES,and YES
not all of them but some if they continue to lose money will lose their franchise, maybe notthis year but in the years to come
continualy losing money like some franchises in the NHL are currently doing is going to catch up with them, I know that and I unfortunately havent reached my 100th post, bummer
Im not on here to try to make friends, im on here to argue just like im doing now

totally bummed out that he hasn't yet reached the prestigous plateau of 100 posts,

Dats-13

KillToronto 12-31-2003 09:24 AM

Quote:

wow, your cool
you posted more than 100 times good job buddy that makes you a hockey expert doesnt it the more you post the more hockey knowledge you gain
A lot of teams in the NHL lose money yearly, does that make them all in danger of losing thier franchise? YES,YES,and YES
not all of them but some if they continue to lose money will lose their franchise, maybe notthis year but in the years to come
continualy losing money like some franchises in the NHL are currently doing is going to catch up with them, I know that and I unfortunately havent reached my 100th post, bummer
Im not on here to try to make friends, im on here to argue just like im doing now

totally bummed out that he hasn't yet reached the prestigous plateau of 100 posts,

Dats-13

So basically you didn't even argue my point. All you did was say that losing money catches up to teams. Makes sense, which is why new owners with more money buy them. Hence the reason why Golisano bought the Sabres. Don't argue with me. You only make yourself look stupid when you post the same thing with no point over and over again.