HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ranking NHL Free Agency (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=397536)

TrueBlue9 07-04-2007 12:42 PM

Ranking NHL Free Agency

Based on if Free Agency made the team better or worse - I left out intangibles such as freeing cap space or tying it up for that matter. This includes team resignings

Eastern Conference

ATLANTIC
NEW JERSEY -
PITTSBURGH +
NY RANGERS +
NY ISLANDERS:help:
PHILADELPHIA +

NORTHEAST
BUFFALO -
OTTAWA -
TORONTO +
MONTREAL +
BOSTON +

SOUTHEAST
ATLANTA -
TAMPA BAY +
CAROLINA -
FLORIDA +
WASHINGTON +

Western Conference

CENTRAL
DETROIT -
NASHVILLE -
ST LOUIS +
COLUMBUS +
CHICAGO -

NORTHWEST
VANCOUVER -
MINNESOTA +
CALGARY +
COLORADO +
EDMONTON -

PACIFIC
ANAHEIM -
SAN JOSE -
DALLAS -
LOS ANGELES +
PHOENIX -

NYRchick 07-04-2007 12:45 PM

NY ISLANDERS :help:

:biglaugh:

Carlos Ranger 07-04-2007 12:48 PM

Southeast & Atlantic are going to be the most interesting.

Also how do you figure Anaheim got worse? Strictly based on potentially losing Niedermayer? I'd say they remain the same adding Schneider & Bertuzzi.

TrueBlue9 07-04-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God Is Avery (Post 9802125)

Also how do you figure Anaheim got worse? Strictly based on potentially losing Niedermayer? I'd say they remain the same adding Schneider & Bertuzzi.

That's true...i guess i just do not think very highly of bertuzzi and i'd rather have niedermayer then schneider. Plus they lost teemu who put up 94 points last season

donpaulo 07-05-2007 12:16 AM

I like what the LA Kings did
I also like what John Davidson has done in the STL
plus I like the rangers moves as well.

boredmale 07-05-2007 12:19 AM

I bet if we rated free agency last year on July 4th Boston would have gotten a + sign

Balej20* 07-05-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue9 (Post 9802267)
That's true...i guess i just do not think very highly of bertuzzi and i'd rather have niedermayer then schneider. Plus they lost teemu who put up 94 points last season

Teemu and Niedermayer > Bertuzzi and Schneider

So good call with the minus rating for them, they are a lesser team now than they were a month ago.

Balej20* 07-05-2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmale (Post 9811189)
I bet if we rated free agency last year on July 4th Boston would have gotten a + sign

Well they got Savard and Mara and who else? That's a plus, regardless of how bad the team ended up being.

SML 07-05-2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 9811691)
Well they got Savard and Mara and who else? That's a plus, regardless of how bad the team ended up being.

Chara was considered the UFA to get last year. They got Mara in a trade for Boynton, no?

The Big Apple 07-05-2007 02:38 AM

You Gotta give a plus to Detroit, they have done a solid job improving their team.... They replaced Schneider with a younger, faster version of himself with Rafalski..... Even though they lost Lang and Bertuzzi, and they have some studs due to take their spots.....

RothmanHockey 07-05-2007 08:43 AM

I think Ottawa gets an =... they have barely done anything

Levitate 07-05-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God Is Avery (Post 9802125)

They're definitely weaker, but that doesn't preclude them from being a contending team again.

Kaktus* 07-05-2007 09:54 AM

Why did you put Sens -?

Their core players still remains teh same in Ottawa.. They lost a few players not big deal. UFA period is not over yet.

Is Gomez better then Spezza or Drury that much better then Fisher? Sens are much better on D.

bathgate 07-05-2007 11:06 AM

The Sens really do not need free agent help. Despite our signings, the Sens are still the team to beat in the East. I'm not sure we can beat them in a playoff series. I like the goalie matchup but the Sens may be too physical for us. Love to hear some comments

TrueBlue9 07-05-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaktus (Post 9813399)
Why did you put Sens -?

Their core players still remains teh same in Ottawa.. They lost a few players not big deal. UFA period is not over yet.

Is Gomez better then Spezza or Drury that much better then Fisher? Sens are much better on D.

It's only negative b/c free agency didn't make them any better. It does not imply that they are now a worse team

broadwayblue 07-05-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathgate (Post 9814181)
The Sens really do not need free agent help. Despite our signings, the Sens are still the team to beat in the East. I'm not sure we can beat them in a playoff series. I like the goalie matchup but the Sens may be too physical for us. Love to hear some comments

I would probably agree with you. I'm still concerned about our overall team size and strength.