HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Too Many Stickies !! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=39903)

Sam I Am 12-31-2003 05:41 AM

Too Many Stickies !!

Get rid of all these stickies. They clog up the top of the page which should be reserved for threads with action. Mostly, they're full of old news.

Let's face it: when they are updated regularly, they'll rise to the top of the page by themselves.

The n00b King * 12-31-2003 06:28 AM

r u viewing the page in 640x480 or something? cuz i dont see how it clogs up the screen. it's never bothered me that theyre there, and i dont recall anybody ever complaining about them either...besides, there's only four of them, it's not like there's 15 or something...sounds like nit picking to me

Garnet 12-31-2003 06:38 AM

The Stickys

I don't mind the stickies but the prospect stickies are tough to deal with. Go through many pages to find current info and I finally gave up and collect the info on my own. To much bickering and info about players who are not Habs prospects. If poster Montreal or someone could post in the sticky alone with weekly updates I think it could be affective, but if your going to do that just have a normal thread. Overall I don't find the stickies valuable at all.

Sam I Am 01-04-2004 06:11 AM

Stickies are just not needed. Threads that are frequently used float to the top anyway. Now there are a minimum of 4 stickies which are seldom used because there are current threads which deal with the same topics.

Let the stickie threads sink or swim on their own.

Patty Roy 01-04-2004 08:54 AM

Actually i kind of agree...there are a few too many sticky threads.

Really i think we should have 3...the gameday thread, get to know each other thread and one for prospect updates. So i say get rid of the video highlight sticky and merge the prospect threads into 1. Agree/disagree? If enough agree, i'll change it...

PrairieHabber 01-04-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy

Really i think we should have 3...the gameday thread, get to know each other thread and one for prospect updates. So i say get rid of the video highlight sticky and merge the prospect threads into 1. Agree/disagree? If enough agree, i'll change it...

I agree...although the Get to Know Each Other thread is so big that I think it's had it's day and could be unstickied.

Rahan 01-04-2004 09:02 AM

Let's get to know each other has become a bit useless, so I say we could unstick this one as well. (as stated Prairie above)

Kirk Muller* 01-04-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy

Agree

I don't think new posters will go through the get to know each other thread either.

KILLger 01-04-2004 01:31 PM

1- Gameday thread
2- Prospect thread (the 3 of them merged into 1)

That's it... nothing more is needed. IMO.

Wildcat 01-04-2004 01:35 PM

I've never been bothered by the stickies but to be honest I think only the game day thread and the get to know each other thread are enough.

The prospect threads are at times good for small updates but are hardly used if you look in the main habs board.

Patty Roy 01-04-2004 01:42 PM

The video highlights thread is gone...nothing has been happening in that thread for almost 2 months.

Still taking opinions/suggestions on the other "sticky" threads...

Beatnik 01-04-2004 01:46 PM

One sticky for all the prospects would be enough IMO.

Sam I Am 01-05-2004 04:10 AM

One stickie for game day. Prospect stickies not needed as they are redundant with numerous other threads on same subject.

Stickies otherwise reserved for huge news a la Theodore traded for Joe Thornton.

Thanks.

Crusher20 01-05-2004 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam I Am
Get rid of all these stickies. They clog up the top of the page which should be reserved for threads with action. Mostly, they're full of old news.

Let's face it: when they are updated regularly, they'll rise to the top of the page by themselves.

it doesnt take all the page but it is anoying to always see the same out there... at least 2 should go away. imo.