HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dogs vs Crunch 12-31 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40029)

montreal 12-31-2003 03:14 PM

Dogs vs Crunch 12-31

Dogs are losing 2-1. Hainsey (Svitov Perezhogin)

Michaud yet to see any ice time

montreal 12-31-2003 03:24 PM

2-2 Blouin (Hainsey Traverse)

Histrion 12-31-2003 03:27 PM

I can't see those games, but it seems that Hainsey should be called up!

CrAzYNiNe 12-31-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesome`
I can't see those games, but it seems that Hainsey should be called up!

Why is that? Scoring in the AHL isn't the same as in the NHL, plus we play a defensive system where pinching defencemen isn't a great idea.

Habsaku 12-31-2003 03:29 PM

Wow, I can't believe how well Hainsey has responded to Bob Gainey. This shows a lot of character and even if he is sometimes full of himself, I'm sure he wants to be the best he can.

Gainey RULZ 12-31-2003 04:15 PM

Edit: Final 3-3
Jimmie Olvestad (unassisted)

Habber 12-31-2003 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
Wow, I can't believe how well Hainsey has responded to Bob Gainey. This shows a lot of character and even if he is sometimes full of himself, I'm sure he wants to be the best he can.

Yeah, I watched some of the game on the Score last night and couldn't believe it was Hainsey. He's a totally different player in the AHL. His play was brimming with confidence. He was strong on the puck and was rushing alot and making great passes. Let's hope he can bring that confidence to the NHL someday soon.

Histrion 12-31-2003 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Why is that? Scoring in the AHL isn't the same as in the NHL, plus we play a defensive system where pinching defencemen isn't a great idea.

Because he is playing well and he can't do much worse than someone like Bouillon.

And, it is something to play a defensive game, but it is useless if you can't score, eh...

HCH 12-31-2003 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesome`
Because he is playing well and he can't do much worse than someone like Bouillon.

Our defense isn't doing that badly. It's just that our mistakes cost so much more because we can't seem to score.

HCH 12-31-2003 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Yeah, I watched some of the game on the Score last night and couldn't believe it was Hainsey. He's a totally different player in the AHL. His play was brimming with confidence. He was strong on the puck and was rushing alot and making great passes. Let's hope he can bring that confidence to the NHL someday soon.

I watched that game too and Hainsey tried to get cute a couple of times as the last man back at our blueline and lost the puck. Those would have cost goals at the NHL level and earned Hainsey a spot in the press box.

It is those lapses he needs to eliminate. Other than that he looks dominating to me.

Thomas 12-31-2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
Our defense isn't doing that badly. It's just that our mistakes cost so much more because we can't seem to score.

But adding a defenseman like Hainsey would add more offense to our squad. We score goals when defenseman pinch into the play, but CJ doesnt seem to like that sort of thing. Give Markov more ice time now that his game has picked up and give Hainsey the same ice time Markov has been getting, while giving Bouillon's ice time to Markov. Hainsey's defensive game may not as strong as Bouillon's at the moment, but hes much much better offensively.

turnbuckle* 12-31-2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas
But adding a defenseman like Hainsey would add more offense to our squad. We score goals when defenseman pinch into the play, but CJ doesnt seem to like that sort of thing. Give Markov more ice time now that his game has picked up and give Hainsey the same ice time Markov has been getting, while giving Bouillon's ice time to Markov. Hainsey's defensive game may not as strong as Bouillon's at the moment, but hes much much better offensively.

It would be grat if having a propensity to "pinch in" on the play made you a great defenceman, but alas, there's a bit more to the position than that.

I was also one of the apparently few observers who noticed Hainsey cough up the puck on at least two occasions worse than Brisebois does on a bad day, and am not ready to aanoint him with an NHL position just because he shows offensive aggressiveness at the AHL level.

Thomas 12-31-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnbuckle
It would be grat if having a propensity to "pinch in" on the play made you a great defenceman, but alas, there's a bit more to the position than that.

I was also one of the apparently few observers who noticed Hainsey cough up the puck on at least two occasions worse than Brisebois does on a bad day, and am not ready to aanoint him with an NHL position just because he shows offensive aggressiveness at the AHL level.

Bouillon makes several mistakes at the NHL level but hes still playing. His useless penalty tonight resulted in the Stars lone goal, if that was Rivet I bet there would be a different atmosphere around here. Yes theres more to pinching in, but without Koivu right now our offense is lacking. Hainsey plays 25+ minutes down there and will of course make a few mistakes, but playing 12-14 minutes on the Habs with 2nd unit PP time I dont think it would hurt more than help. He wasnt much worse defensively than Bouillon for his first few games, having a +3 rating, while Bouillon is a -6.

#44_delivers 01-01-2004 01:40 AM

Quote:

Bouillon makes several mistakes at the NHL level but hes still playing. His useless penalty tonight resulted in the Stars lone goal, if that was Rivet I bet there would be a different atmosphere around here. Yes theres more to pinching in, but without Koivu right now our offense is lacking. Hainsey plays 25+ minutes down there and will of course make a few mistakes, but playing 12-14 minutes on the Habs with 2nd unit PP time I dont think it would hurt more than help. He wasnt much worse defensively than Bouillon for his first few games, having a +3 rating, while Bouillon is a -6.

i couldnt agree more, well said . hainseys needs to be called up soon if he keeps playing the way he is, he needs to be rewarded, i think he'll learn more at nhl level and wont make many errors as some are thinking imo.
hes playing very smart hockey right now

Traitor8 01-01-2004 04:07 AM

Bouillon playing before Hainsey isn't cool!

WE WANT HAINSEY!

HCH 01-01-2004 04:39 AM

Quote:

That is a generalization. If you want to pick the guy's play apart provide some specifics and then compare that to the other defensemen.

And why was his penalty useless and Souray's two penalties not useless?

Hainsey will get his chance when he is ready

goalchenyuk 01-01-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

if Bouillon is still making several mistakes , i could imagine what it will be with Hainsey ...Anyway you're so sold to Hainsey that you only see what you want to see; Yes Hainsey ha d + 3 , because he played at the start of the season when the canadians where leading the league with all the goals they 've scored at that time.

Playing 9-10 minutes on the pp or when the team is leadind 4-1 is something , but playing beside Rivest in all situations for 20 minutes/games is something else .Be more objective and you are going to understand that if Hainsey will be the player you see on him , the Canadians would have call him since a long time.

goalchenyuk 01-01-2004 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Bouillon playing before Hainsey isn't cool!
!

no , but it's more safe

Thomas 01-01-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
if Bouillon is still making several mistakes , i could imagine what it will be with Hainsey ...

Really? Just Hainsey's reach makes him that much better in the defensive zone (7 inches taller). Bouillon is most likely better defensively at this point, but Hainsey has to learn at some point and sitting in Hamilton wont help. He will be a fixture on our defense shortly and we might as well give one of our young defenseman some experience if we want to become cup contenders shortly.

Quote:

Anyway you're so sold to Hainsey that you only see what you want to see; Yes Hainsey ha d + 3 , because he played at the start of the season when the canadians where leading the league with all the goals they 've scored at that time.
Maybe his play resulted in some of those goals? He did score 1 goal and got a 1st assist on another. Hainsey has the rare ability to get the puck on net 90%+ of the time from the point. We'd be using him as a 6th defenseman with PP time, he wouldnt be on the ice during end of game situations, we have Souray and Markov for that. He was sent down because of his lack of effort, and his latest games in Hamilton lead me to believe he wants to come back up, especially registering multiple points in several games since hes been sent down.

Quote:

Playing 9-10 minutes on the pp or when the team is leadind 4-1 is something , but playing beside Rivest in all situations for 20 minutes/games is something else .Be more objective and you are going to understand that if Hainsey will be the player you see on him , the Canadians would have call him since a long time.
And now we continue with the Rivet bashing. Hainsey rarely played on the PP when he was here which is unfair, because thats where he excels. They wanted to see what Hainsey could bring to the team, but they didnt have the nerve to place him on the PP more than a minute each game. Its all CJ's decision, and like most Habs coaches before him he rather play veterans than develop some players for the fear of losing his job. Our D corps is aging and we will have to ease in players at some point.

Habruti! 01-01-2004 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=Thomas]
He was sent down because of his lack of effort, and his latest games in Hamilton lead me to believe he wants to come back up, especially registering multiple points in several games since hes been sent down.
QUOTE]

Well I would also say it was the reason for him being sent down including the fact that he seemed out of shape always falling on his but and hesitant what we have not really seen with Komisarek since he joined the team. Beleave me I am quite high on Hainsey and hope he can turn things arround because he would be quite an addition to our team but i would rather see Bouillon struggling in the big club then Hainsey at this point because Hainsey's confidence seems to be fragile. Let him dominate completely (he seems to have started lately) before we call him up!

Traitor8 01-01-2004 07:02 PM

Hainsey was a +3 with us.

His confidence is good if you let him play.

Don't take him out and in and out even if he's playing good.