HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Steve Sullivan ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=400958)

STAALing 07-13-2007 01:25 PM

Steve Sullivan ?

Looks like he is hitting the best seasons of his career but how much are the injuries a concern ? Is 80 games out of the question for the next years ? how should it affect his play ?

DontCallPlayersStuds 07-13-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James15Sheppard (Post 9911544)
Looks like he is hitting the best seasons of his career but how much are the injuries a concern ? Is 80 games out of the question for the next years ? how should it affect his play ?

You know as much as we do. Apparently, the same condition ended his season two years in a row, and decided that this season they wouldn't take a chance, so he got surgery to hopefully correct the problem once and for all. David Poile recently said that it wasn't anything that therapy or rehab could ever fix, but corrective surgery should have him truly 100 percent, and he's expected to be ready by training camp.

Jarnberg 07-13-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James15Sheppard (Post 9911544)

Frankly at this point, who knows if Sullivan will ever be the same player. I personally have my doubts as to if he ever gets it all together again and he produces the same output. Even if he's better, I doubt he'll hit 80 games.

Blue Dot 07-13-2007 01:43 PM

gaborik thinks sullivan is a lock for all 82 games!

joking aside, sully just seems to get dinged up all the time. this surgery might solve the leg issue, but next year will be his shoulder or his back. plus he will have to do more on the ice on a somewhat depleted team.

the only upside of this is that radu will get extra ice and responability as a result.

sully is a great player and will be at least a PPG guy when healthy. i just see that being more like 65-70 games at the high end.

quartermaster29 07-13-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 (Post 9911774)
gaborik thinks sullivan is a lock for all 82 games!

joking aside, sully just seems to get dinged up all the time. this surgery might solve the leg issue, but next year will be his shoulder or his back. plus he will have to do more on the ice on a somewhat depleted team.

the only upside of this is that radu will get extra ice and responability as a result.

sully is a great player and will be at least a PPG guy when healthy. i just see that being more like 65-70 games at the high end.

:huh:
The surgery was for his back, not his leg.