HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dylan Reese Has an Attitude Problem (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=400969)

caldercup0 07-13-2007 01:39 PM

Dylan Reese Has an Attitude Problem

Link -- Under "Dylan Diligent"

How much money could the guy possibly want? He was awful in Hartford during the time he was here and if the Rangers are looking to sign him shouldn't give him a cent over the league minimum.

Let him walk. The Rangers have better defensemen.

nyr2k2 07-13-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caldercup0 (Post 9911719)
Link -- Under "Dylan Diligent"

How much money could the guy possibly want? He was awful in Hartford during the time he was here and if the Rangers are looking to sign him shouldn't give him a cent over the league minimum.

Let him walk. The Rangers have better defensemen.

Wow, so the guy is negotiating a contract and thinks he's worth more than the organization does. How does that equate to an attitude problem?

“The Rangers have a deep system and a lot of young defensemen and some highly-touted guys coming out of the Canadian league,” Reese said. “You really have to outplay a lot of other guys.”

Sounds to me like he knows he's guaranteed nothing with this team and has his work cut out for him, which is likely one of the reasons he scratching and clawing for everything he can get. Seriously, this is much ado about nothing here.

FLYLine24 07-13-2007 02:14 PM

Yea, I don't see the attitude either..and I thought he was solid in his time in HFD. Rather have him playing then Taylor.

Fletch 07-13-2007 02:16 PM

Sounds to me...

he has the right attitude...

BDubinskyNYR17* 07-13-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 9912135)
Yea, I don't see the attitude either..and I thought he was solid in his time in HFD. Rather have him playing then Taylor.

is it possible to get both Potter and Reese signed?? I thought we signed Potter but it was never on the Rangers site, only on http://nhlscap.com/salarynumbers/newyorkrangers.htm

Jeds2StepOpus 07-13-2007 02:31 PM

It is more likely Reese sees the depth and multitude of talented defensemen in the Rangers' system; and feels his chances of playing in the NHL, with this team; are slim.

So maybe he's just asking for what he knows he won't get, so he can test the waters of free agency.

Bluenote13 07-13-2007 02:46 PM

Let me guess - he signs with the Pens ;)

Jeds2StepOpus 07-13-2007 02:53 PM

Reese can join up with Umberger and Zidlicky and start their own little club.

Levitate 07-13-2007 02:54 PM

I don't really see why the Rangers would sign him, unless he wants an AHL contract.

Only so many contracts to go around.

BDubinskyNYR17* 07-13-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 9912497)

or the Flyers

Prucha25Graves988* 07-13-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caldercup0 (Post 9911719)
Dylan Reese Has an Attitude Problem .

No, he dont. Atleast i dont think so.

Now u could asy he sounds greedy, thats different, butits all in all. His agent is probby filling his head with ****, cause the more he gets the mor his agent gets. Or he could just feel personally he is worth more. Who knows I dont think its a big deal, really, why do u you?

BennyBST 07-13-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 9912497)

he actually was born in pittburgh

shoothepuck 07-13-2007 05:37 PM

His perception of self, is higher than what NY feels is justified.

eco's bones 07-13-2007 06:01 PM

Schoeny was very happy with Reese's play in Hartford towards the end of the season. Potter and Sanguinetti as well. It may be that Reese goes somewhere else but if he does stay with us he has a lot of competition in his way. I don't see the bad attitude from the article and I'd like if he'd sign but at the moment he's not essential to the organization either so I could live with him going somewhere else.

RothmanHockey 07-13-2007 07:52 PM

I saw him play a couple times for Harvard while he was there, I was never really thoroughly impressed with him. He never really looked like he was anything special.

BRONX_MADNESS* 07-13-2007 09:26 PM

couple people in the media claim he's got problems and all of the sudden he's a pariah to the NYR system. Geez, I wonder how some of you boys passed junior high with those kinds of analyzation skills...

xander 07-15-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZYanksRule (Post 9915252)
I saw him play a couple times for Harvard while he was there, I was never really thoroughly impressed with him. He never really looked like he was anything special.

really? Almost everytime I saw Reese play he was a real anchor on the Harvard blueline. Not the flashiest of players, but real calm and colective, certainly a stablizing force.

He's certainly a longshot, but I I saw some ability.

iamkerryanne 07-17-2007 04:06 PM

I know him personally and he does not have an attitude problem.

Bluenote13 07-17-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamkerryanne (Post 9947928)

Thanks Mom,

Signed,
Dylan

:sarcasm:JK

Nich 07-17-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamkerryanne (Post 9947928)

i don't think he has a attitude problem, but seeing that he won't take the minimum, my guess is he wants to play for another organization....seriously, with our depth, i can't see us giving much more than the minimum