HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Good job by Julien in Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=40107)

plafleur10 01-01-2004 08:10 AM

Good job by Julien in Dallas

Since we criticize him when he's wrong, let's praise him when he is right.

He did nice adjustments in teh 3rd to wake up the team.

Putting Ward on the Ribs line really gave a spark, and they had quite a few nice chances.

He did not hesitate to give PLekanec quality ice time when he saw the kid was getting the job done (I was REALLY impressed by his skill and combativity).

Then with one minute left he puts on the Juneau line, I am sure we are all screaming at our TV set that he's nuts, and all they do is deliver the tying goal...

I liked his OT line combos as well, was vondreing what Perreault (Ok, he was there for the faceoff...) and the Q were doing on the ice for the 4-on-3, and then they both make exceptional plays...

Give this point to the coach!

BLONG7 01-01-2004 09:12 AM

Good point... CJ gets roasted when everyone thinks he has made a bad decision, so let's give him credit when he makes some good choices! Overall I think CJ is doing a good job and is learning the NHL job on the fly and is twice the coach MT was.

RE-HABS 01-01-2004 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plafleur10

Putting Ward on the Ribs line really gave a spark, and they had quite a few nice chances.

He did not hesitate to give PLekanec quality ice time when he saw the kid was getting the job done (I was REALLY impressed by his skill and combativity).

Then with one minute left he puts on the Juneau line, I am sure we are all screaming at our TV set that he's nuts, and all they do is deliver the tying goal...

I liked his OT line combos as well, was vondreing what Perreault (Ok, he was there for the faceoff...) and the Q were doing on the ice for the 4-on-3, and then they both make exceptional plays...

Totally agree!
I had actually said on a thread here a couple of days ago to try Ward with Ribs, he is that type of hard worker that would make Ribs benefit from more space and time out there.

HCH 01-01-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Let's not forget one last good decision by CJ in overtime. He replaced Perreault with Juneau at the first opportunity. It was smart to use Perreault on the draw and equally smart to replace him with a more defensively responsible center as soon as possible.

kaCHing 01-01-2004 11:29 AM

Julien does Dallas!

Nice post, very welcome after the negativity we sometimes fall into here.....good way to start 2004!

Sure helps that they have 3 points in the last 2 games, too.

Quote: